PvP 'DPS' Immortal Build 32/7/2

Schwarzwald

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually planning to switch to 18/23/0 after 1.2 so this is good news. My question is, since you deal mainly single target damage are those two points in decimate (or ravager or malice I guess) really better than sonic barrier?

I know the barrier is not much but it's still a good sustain mitigation for PvP ... or you could get deafening defense I guess (but I still prefer the barrier for mitigation).

Yeah, I was mostly wanting to test out how effective Ravage can be when it is fully skilled out and such, but for Rated in 1.2, if I were to run this build, I would probably go with Sonic Barrier.

Right now I'm 31/6/4 and I'm thinking I'm liking this even better then the hybrid I posted.

I havn't tried the hybrid yet, but the Ravage damage is still amazing regardless. Charge for the vindicators bonus + adrenals/relic.. I had 2.5k, 3.2k, 5.2k ravage on a sorc earlier. Ravage is NUTS.

Oh Also, you wanna do some funny stuff to a trooper healer, get a marader friend, do one of your stun,s then both ravage at the same time and watch the guy die instantly.

Right now I'm 31/6/4 and I'm thinking I'm liking this even better then the hybrid I posted.

I havn't tried the hybrid yet, but the Ravage damage is still amazing regardless. Charge for the vindicators bonus + adrenals/relic.. I had 2.5k, 3.2k, 5.2k ravage on a sorc earlier. Ravage is NUTS.

Oh Also, you wanna do some funny stuff to a trooper healer, get a marader friend, do one of your stun,s then both ravage at the same time and watch the guy die instantly.

do you think you could post the spec? would be great thanks!

do you think you could post the spec? would be great thanks!

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrGduzrzfzZcMzZMM.1

On average I've been doing about 250k dmg a game.

I havn't seen many people doing all that much damage, it seems that there were a lot of balancing changes in the Expertise added to all the new gear.

I treid full Veng, and Rage and neither really seemed to compare to Immo, not even close. Targets are getting killed a lot faster regardless of the healing changes, so you are not constantly fighting people who were getting topped off.

The new rage rotation is kinda meh, and I don't feel like learning it at the moment. But honestly, deep Immo just got soooooooooooooooo much better due to the ravage changes. You can burst nearly as hard as a rage jug did pre 1.2 but with stuns and ****.

Edited by Schwarzwald

Great to see the new build appearing after 1.2

Took me hours to decide & 1 skill rest too, but after seeing the new Immortal build, which I prefer I might have to reset again. :D

Out of interest, what are or is peoples preferred skill rotations?

Open with saber throw, then force leap etc etc

I agree fully. I thought my jugg was dead in pvp (since I use him as a MT for OPs). Decided to join a few games for fun. I don't know if it is the gear difference now (I'm full BM) with the upgrade on BM, upgrade to ravage, or what but I finally feel like a TANK in pvp and doing decent damage using an immortal spec.

To the OP using 31/6/4 now...question?

Should I be using tank pvp gear or Vindicator? I'm thinking about making the switch to the immortal tree, but I'm in full champ vindicator gear.

Edited by Kosef

To the OP using 31/6/4 now...question?

Should I be using tank pvp gear or Vindicator? I'm thinking about making the switch to the immortal tree, but I'm in full champ vindicator gear.

The OP uses Vindicator dps gear but tank spec, hence the "Immortal DPS" idea. Also our defensive stats are useless half the time anyway. Having said that, the OP is less of a pure meatshield/ball-carrier as others, so it can depend on what role you want to fill.

The OP uses Vindicator dps gear but tank spec, hence the "Immortal DPS" idea. Also our defensive stats are useless half the time anyway. Having said that, the OP is less of a pure meatshield/ball-carrier as others, so it can depend on what role you want to fill.

yeah pretty much,

the tl;dr of this build is it provides you the ability to keep your team alive while also being able out to thin out the numbers of the enemy.

So you are kinda working with a flow of mitigating team damage with taunts and well placed stuns while also being able to use those same stuns in the reverse role of cutting down the enemy. Think of it as an equilibrium that you need to be aware of.

cool thread , i always enjoy lookng at what everyone else is playing. immortal is kinda the red-headed stepchild of pvp. we dont get the votes because lets face it , our damage sucks and no one really seems to notice us taunt and absorbing damage. i play a straight up tank build with a shield genny and soresu. all that said , i probaly have the MOST fun playing this toon out of all 8 toons (i have one of each AC). if i want to do massive burst and kill people in 3 or 4 hits ill just play my sniper. keep the threads coming and thanks for sharing. Please remember to vote for that guy thats peeling that pesky scoundrel off your butt constantly

Immortal + DPS gear = great fun.

But there are the 6 mandatory points in vindication (6% dmg, 6% str) and I'd always take the 2 point in ravager, I guess.

Not really sure how mandatory Dreadnaught is going to be.

War Hero is toning back on the Str and because any geared person is going to have a lot of Expertise, I'm not sure if the minor STR is going to be more of a benefit over 8% ravage damage.

The formulas act a bit differently because of how much expertise everyone has. At first I thought Biowares decision to not really change around the Power and Surge on the BM gear was a terrible, terrible nerf, because all that stuff you saw on Dulfy's spreadsheets indicated that we could be gaining LOTS of power and surge in our gear. Well that didn't happen, and initially I was really pissed off.

Then I realized that in comparison to my old gear which had only 12.5% exp damage, I now have something like 21.5 exp damage, which is nuts and probably provides more then what that added Power and Surge would ever do under optimal conditions.

So really, because of how much epxertise we have, I think its better to put points into skills which will do a significant percentage increase on your hard hitting abilities.

Example : My 2/2 Ravager got me an overall 9000 ravage. If I was 0/2 Ravager I would only get 8280. I don't think the 0-3%-6% difference in STR would ever come close to having a 720dmg difference in your burst.

Its your Burst you want to emphasize, becuase that is what is going to bring targets down when you are focusing an opponent with your teammates. the 6% str isn't going to make your crushing blows any significantly better, and really that ability is great mostly because of the instant 5 stacks of sunder. Combine that with a sniper shatter shot and then team up with a marauder and you will drop heavy armor tanks in seconds.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrGduzrzfzZcMzZMM.1

On average I've been doing about 250k dmg a game.

I havn't seen many people doing all that much damage, it seems that there were a lot of balancing changes in the Expertise added to all the new gear.

I treid full Veng, and Rage and neither really seemed to compare to Immo, not even close. Targets are getting killed a lot faster regardless of the healing changes, so you are not constantly fighting people who were getting topped off.

The new rage rotation is kinda meh, and I don't feel like learning it at the moment. But honestly, deep Immo just got soooooooooooooooo much better due to the ravage changes. You can burst nearly as hard as a rage jug did pre 1.2 but with stuns and ****.

On that spec what would be a good starting rotation, thx

Hey sorry if you already posted this but I am having a lot of issues finding it. I see that your sig has the 31/8/2 rather than the 31/6/4 you were using which are you putting those two points into?

Also thank you so much for sharing this I was a pure vengeance guy till I tired this out and I'm loving it.