PvP 'DPS' Immortal Build 32/7/2

Schwarzwald

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101GrhdzdrdfzZcMMZM.1

This is what I'm using - vindicator gear + shield gen

I feel like anything not smart enough to run for help gets destroyed. I'd even say "this is not intended by bioware". It's just so incredibly strong. PLUS you get to help your mates a lot! And healers still kick it, if supported by something like that. :D

Are you planning to buy Vindicator items also in 1.2 Schwarz? Is it viable to tank in WZs with them?

I still don't see the point of defense being so heavily emphasized on the gear for tanks.

It only counters Marauders and Snipers.

Marauders can easily be countered by cooldowns. When ever they use their defensive cooldown to try to burn you down or something, just push them away or stun them, you just cancelled out the only time they can hurt you with survivability.

Good MM snipers are rare to come by, and most don't even use their little bunkering, CC immunity thing that well, so you can probably just run up to them and force push them away 75% of the time. And the really good snipers are usually Engineering, which focuses more on yellow damage, so really, defense won't help you that much against them.

There is no reason imo to get tanking gear unless you were doing it for the lulz. Because Besides being a ball runner, I don't see the point of being a 100% meat shield in pvp.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrhddkMkZfMR0MZRr.1

I like this build alot works very well for me in pvp. I am valor rank 75 I and do pretty well.:D

Unstoppable isn't as great, for me, as everyone seems to make it out to be. I really don't see the problem with getting knocked around on occasion and I think points are better spent to atleast get crushing blow if you are that deep into immo.

but what ever you like I guess.

there is no rotation.

Apply sunders, then play by ear. This isn't rage, you need to use your brain to be good on this spec.

Trial and error is the best way to go about it.

Im confused, that spec has points in shii cho mastery as well as points in lash out? what stance do u run in this build? both as needed?

Hey guys I am kinda down on my luck atm and I needed some advice. I dont have very good gear yet(fresh 50), which I am sure is part of my problem but it seems like I am seriously getting killed FAST in pvp. I do my best to switch between soresu and shii cho depending on the needs of the team but do u guys mind posting a few tips that helped u get used to the spec and attack combinations?

Also, telling me what stats I should go for as of post 1/2 would be very helpful, I just want to make sure i am learning good habits and getting the right gear. TY!

Hey guys I am kinda down on my luck atm and I needed some advice. I dont have very good gear yet(fresh 50), which I am sure is part of my problem but it seems like I am seriously getting killed FAST in pvp. I do my best to switch between soresu and shii cho depending on the needs of the team but do u guys mind posting a few tips that helped u get used to the spec and attack combinations?

Also, telling me what stats I should go for as of post 1/2 would be very helpful, I just want to make sure i am learning good habits and getting the right gear. TY!

You are not really going to be able to deal properly with the differences in expertise. Within this build, it sort of requires that you have the really good DPS set, because you get a good amount of expertise and HP to help keep you alive long enough to be effective.

Imo, if you are undergeared, its better to roll a straight DPS oriented spec.

what spec you currently running now schwarz ? 18/23 ?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrGduzrzfzZcMzZMM.1 31/6/4 I think.

I like this thread. Personally I play a fokusguardian atm. pre patch mostly with shien, but after reading the patchnotes I tried fokus in soresu with shieldgen, love it. that is, what I do atm.

fokusspec, offgear, shieldgen and switching between shien and soresu. I run good numbers in wz and it feels realy good to play, but I want to try other templates as well.

This thread is one of my favorite ones since month, and maybe I'll try this "Tank-DPS"-spec next. How would u describe the playstyle? Is it a Tankspec with some noticable dps output, is it the damage great because staying alive longer than the oppunent (1on1), or kind of "secret dps"-sepc?

greatings

Edited by rouvi

I have to say that the specc rly helped me staying alive longer and never like the rage builds seems so stupid that your entire built is around only 1 ability(smash). My real question now,is it worth to gather War Leader's set for the set bonus (2pcs+4pcs) and put all the mods etc from Vindicators set?I believe that 1more sec on choke and constant 5% more dmg when you are guarding are more beneficial than a crappy heal when you use intercede. And what ppl using as an offhand?generator or shield? Edited by WHATEVERTNS

I'm trying 18-23-0 , and the damage is good, but its still not a regular 200k+ damage a game spec. Am I doing something wrong ?

can you or someone else that use this spec link the build, would like to compare it agains my own

ones, thanks.

cheers // henX

So I leveled my jugg straight immortal the whole way. Started pvp'ing as immortal as I loved being able to use guard/taunt and run the ball, etc. Had some variation of this kind of setup, but after a while I started filtering in tank gear to try it out. Then I went vengeance when I had mostly champ gear and never looked back. I was still able to go soresu and do what I loved while being able to bring the pain as I pleased in shien.

Then, tonight, I went back to immortal (this spec in fact) in my full dps gear (only BM gear, ~1100 expertise, and holy **** this spec is powerful. I get to really protect my allies and I can handle my own.

Just an example. The other night I faced off 1v1 against this mara as veng. First fight we died at about the same time from dots, second time I would almost kill him but still be hurt and then his friends would show up and finish me off. Tonight, the same situation, except I dropped him while still at 95% hps, and then took on him and his 2 friends for what felt like 5 minutes.

Anyways just wanted to add my input, Definitely in love with immortal again.

Hello,

I wanted to ask a few things. First when I click the torhead talent build it shows me a build that is 17/4/2 and I'm sure that's not intentional and perhaps because they changed it abit at wowhead after 1.2, anyways would you mind update the build so I can see it? :)

Also, one thing I wondering, since it appears to be quite an old thread it would be very nice in the original post to put a "Update: date" so you know how up to date the information is. I am sitting here wondering if this is something good for 1,15 or maybe if it still works good for 1.2

And regarding the spec itself I assume it's Crushing blow at least in immortal. How does it compare to a immortal/venge soresu form hybrid build in 1.2? Perhaps something that looks like this, dunno I just checked the talent calc it it looks kind of nice

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrGbzzZcRrMrhdzZM.1

Could move the points from Ravager to Deafening defense or Sonic Barrier.

And earlier in the thread someone asked what set bonus is good, myself I kind of like the whole 8% health on intercede, but perhaps get 2xpart bonus from War leader too? Way I understand it you can get a full Ravage off during the force choke then? With a burst combo like Retaliation > Choke > Ravage ?

Maybe I misinterpreted the whole build but it's basics are guarding, taunt, staying alive, crushing blowing but the real gem is incapacitate your opponent to get those OP ravages off?

First when I click the torhead talent build it shows me a build that is 17/4/2 and I'm sure that's not intentional and perhaps because they changed it abit at wowhead after 1.2, anyways would you mind update the build so I can see it?

I don't know why the link on the front page is broken but I believe its something like this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrGduzrzfzZcMzZMM.1 (31/6/4)

Maybe I misinterpreted the whole build but it's basics are guarding, taunt, staying alive, crushing blowing but the real gem is incapacitate your opponent to get those OP ravages off?

I believe also keeping opposition players e.g. healers and dps out of the game by keeping them stunned and thrown

Awsome! Can you update your spec in front page. It´s broken after 1.2. Thx!

When I find the time, I was going to make a whole new post, taking good posts from me and others and highlighting it into a new post with a better, more flexible title. Seeing as I put a specific build into title, which is somewhat irrelevant, I'm gunna just make a new one and request this thread be closed.

As to other recent question.

No, I don't run 2x BM relics and I never have. I still feel that the Shard Relic is still one of the BiS for PvP, even when compared to the other relics. It helps provide the highest burst potential when also being used in conjunction with another relic and stims. And to be honest, the Gear you are getting right now, you will have more then enough Crit and Surge, so using the Crit Surge relic is a waste of time for Warriors, you will just be losing alot of potential int he relic to diminishing returns. use a power relic and your shard relic.