To everyone who still likes this game...

Jonisaurus

... do yourself a favour and do not continue reading these forums.

As in every game forum, the vocal negative minority dominates. Exactly the same thing has been happening in the WoW forums (amongst others) for years and years.

The trick is to not let it influence you. Decide for yourself if you are having fun with this game, and if you do, ignore all the negativity.

Just some advice from someone who's experienced this over and over. :)

Edited by Jonisaurus

... do yourself a favour and do not continue reading The General Discussion.

As in every game forum, the vocal negative minority dominates. Exactly the same thing has been happening in the WoW forums (amongst others) for years and years.

The trick is to not let it influence you. Decide for yourself if you are having fun with this game, and if you do, ignore all the negativity.

Fixed.

The majority of the board-sections are constructive. The General Discussion is just a cesspool of mind-numbing moaning.

I think that'll decline somewhat now that the 30 days are up. One can hope.

... do yourself a favour and do not continue reading these forums.

"minority" heh majority of people in General chat in the game have the exact same opinion's. I think its the other way around, the defensive fanboi's are the minority.

Baiters will bait, Trolls will feed..

i take the community as i take movie critics.. their own opinion matters not to what i am experiencing for myself.. they can voice whatever they want..

i enjoy and i have a chuckle at the posts, i play the game i love so :) i haz free cookies.. the dark side has them

Baiters will bait, Trolls will feed..

i take the community as i take movie critics.. their own opinion matters not to what i am experiencing for myself.. they can voice whatever they want..

i enjoy and i have a chuckle at the posts, i play the game i love so :) i haz free cookies.. the dark side has them

Smartest thing said all day.

In my experience, negative gaming forums is not just limited to MMOs. Have any of you ever been to the Mass Effect forums? Or the Halo forums? Assassin's Creed? As the poster said above me, this is generally true for the General Discussion boards though. Trolls exist for every game, and I've only experienced one gaming forum that was generally troll free. I think what we need to understand is that once a community reaches a certain population size, trolls, the unsatisfied and complainers will grow in population as well. Tomb Raider simply does not have the proper community size to make it prime trolling grounds and that might actually speak badly for it, if this new reboot doesn't save it.... Point is, we have a popular IP made into a massive game. Of course there are going to be some unpleasantness on the General forums. It's nearly a given on all gaming boards.

I just come here to troll the QQers every now and again, lol. But it's all in good light-hearted fun. Most of the people who like this game are too busy playing it to come here and defend it, so the QQers get to pretend they're the "majority".

And really, who are we to take that away from them?

I just come here to troll the QQers every now and again, lol. But it's all in good light-hearted fun. Most of the people who like this game are too busy playing it to come here and defend it, so the QQers get to pretend they're the "majority".

Shhh.. you will take all the fun away!

Was just trying to take the negativity away from some of the people who got it simply because of these forums.

I'll throw in a quote from Tseric, who used to be moderator on the WoW forums five years ago until he was quitted for telling the truth:

When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make. Until you face mobs of psychology, you will not see my side.
Edited by Jonisaurus

"minority" heh majority of people in General chat in the game have the exact same opinion's. I think its the other way around, the defensive fanboi's are the minority.

Maybe the majority of people posting constant bashing and screaming here do. I've seen the total opposite in-game, where it's been overwhelmingly positive. In fact, most people in there seem completely oblivious to the stuff people complain about out here.

Edited by Pink_Saber

There are many complaint threads/posts..... but they are still here. If it was so bad, or another game so much better, they would have moved on by now.

I hear a lot of "I paid my money and I'm unhappy!" but there is also a place to tell bioware why you are unsubscribing when you unsubscribe. The only reason to post on the general discussion forum is to try to stir up a comotion. At least that is the only way that makes sense to me.

When I go out to eat and have a subpar meal, I may tell the manager what was wrong so it doesn't happen again, then I go home and probably wont go back to the same place again for a while. I don't hang out in front and tell incoming customers that the product they may pay for is not good and the restaraunt is going to fail.

That is what consumer reports is for.

what pink saber was saying majority of the time on my 2 servers i see maybe a 15 of the general tab moaning about broken stuff or things not being what they envisioned.. the rest are either enjoying themselves or talkign to friends.

me on the other hand.. is trying to figure out why my freaking tauntaun wont let me ride it.. i see it standing there in hoth..

Everyone on my server on every planet in every /1 chat is very pleased with the game so I think its the other way around.

I like you, sir :cool:

Keep telling yourself that.

Across 6 different servers I've yet to see anyone really complain in general chat.

Stop lying, the only whiners are on the forums.