People complaining that Bioware isn't listening...

plosky

Well, this is for all the people that are complaing that BW isn't listening: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120119

Now, BW DOES have a problem with relaying back to the community that they are paying attention, but that doesn't mean they aren't listening. You can see several issues that many players have whined about being shown in the video. Sorry if it doesn't fit you perfectly, but it is actually very amazing that fixes are being pumped out this fast.

I should believe Bioware listens because they say so?

So far, Ilum 1.1 and slicing 1.0 are suggesting they don't listen until the **** hits the fan.

Sorry, they haven't earned my trust with TOR yet. They have to prove it.

They are listening just fine. People who are claiming they are not are being ridiculous.

BW still has to prove themselves but from what I seen and read about future additions to the game BW is listening. Hope this continues and BW conducts surveys! Impossible to make everyone happy and typically its the gaming minority that posts the majority of negativity.

Edited by AlphaBraddox

Just like they listened to Republic's plea's of balance issues with the classes?

Or what about the fact that Imperials are steamrolling us in Ilum AND 50 WZ's now, and getting battlemaster 10x faster than we are?

I mean really, I could go on here, but why would I need to. These issues are gamebreaking for Republic players. Yeah, you Imperials wouldn't understand. Typical. But for us, it sucks.

Just like they listened to Republic's plea's of balance issues with the classes?

Or what about the fact that Imperials are steamrolling us in Ilum AND 50 WZ's now, and getting battlemaster 10x faster than we are?

I mean really, I could go on here, but why would I need to. These issues are gamebreaking for Republic players. Yeah, you Imperials wouldn't understand. Typical. But for us, it sucks.

Actually, my main is a Jedi Knight, so I feel for the Republic =(. However, asking for every single bug to be fixed immediately is absolutely ridiculous. Here's a link I posted earlier: http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent-they-fixed-this-bug/

One day after the patch was released, sure.

If they tested better (you know, listened to testers) or just looked at other games, Ilum 1.1 would never have happened. Instead, they let Ilum blow up in their faces before doing something about it.

And it was fairly common knowledge throughout the final beta weekends that slicing was the best money making in the game. They didn't nerf it until everything blew up in their faces and threatend to destroy their server economies.

No, no they are not. Please state you are speaking for yourself. My 50 Sage wins a good chunk of WZs, and even with the Ilum hub-bub, got my weekly and daily done yesterday and today. As for Valor, again, stop listening to rumor mill bull dookie.

If they tested better (you know, listened to testers) or just looked at other games, Ilum 1.1 would never have happened. Instead, they let Ilum blow up in their faces before doing something about it.

And it was fairly common knowledge throughout the final beta weekends that slicing was the best money making in the game. They didn't nerf it until everything blew up in their faces and threatend to destroy their server economies.

I think you're making the false assumption that making some kind of fix was an instantaneous process.

Sorry if it doesn't fit you perfectly, but it is actually very amazing that fixes are being pumped out this fast.

That will silence no one that is affected by issues that aren't address, will be dismissed by the haters as empty promises and PR, hailed by fanboys as the second coming, ignored by the people just enjoying the game except as a "hey, cool", and leapt upon by the tin-foil hat crowd as proof Bioware is <insert crazy theory here>.

For my part: Legacy system as a "family" makes ... really very little sense to me since half my characters are Sith force users and half are human Republic normals. Man, someone was getting around a lot.

Well, this is for all the people that are complaing that BW isn't listening: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120119

Now, BW DOES have a problem with relaying back to the community that they are paying attention, but that doesn't mean they aren't listening. You can see several issues that many players have whined about being shown in the video. Sorry if it doesn't fit you perfectly, but it is actually very amazing that fixes are being pumped out this fast.

Great I watch that video and all I see is Hi-Res textures and more than 10 ppl in a PvP moving about freely without lag and sorry but that just not how it is, so as far as I'm concearned until they actually start making videos that are representative of the actual game, they can just write the **** in a blog or something.

And for the fanbois, no these 2 things aren't things they should be working on, these are things that should be there already, this is a fact, along with a laundry list of other BASIC things I didn't bother to mention.

Edited by United_Strafes

I win 80% of my warzones as republic so odds are it's you who needs to l2p imo

now they are doing the UI custom thing, if they add marcos I'll be so annoyed.

Their UI is insufficient. Trying to watch for procs on proc heavy class (like Tele Consular) is painful. You end up staring at the bottom of the screen the whole time.

And they aren't really allowing a custom UI. They are letting us resize the UI and move things around. Not exactly the same as a custom UI like other games(you know, the one with 10 times more subscribers) allow.

Great I watch that video and all I see is Hi-Res textures and more than 10 ppl in a PvP moving about freely without lag and sorry but that just not how it is, so as far as I'm concearned until they actually start making videos that are representative of the actual game, they can just write the **** in a blog or something.

First of all, from what I see, the video doesn't depict all changes that are going to be implemented. Secondly, the video isn't indicating how it's going to be exactly, or even how the changes are going to be implemented. It's just showing what changes are being looked at and most likely going to be implemented in one form or another.

I read they were fixing the issue and taking ACTION against those who abused it. Now everyone has made assumptions, so what do you think they are doing to those who have abused it? Do you think they will "rollback" their points and take away their titles, in order to fix it? No one thought about that, now did they? No, instead they complained and wanted a complete rollback that would destroy even the ones who legitimately earned the rank.

Edited by darkdayze

Welcome to MMOs

Things don't get fixed until enough people complain about it. Of course stuff gets nerfed after being exploited, it hardly ever happens before...

I think you're making the false assumption that making some kind of fix was an instantaneous process.

I am not. I am making the assumption that they should have foreseen these issues in testing by listening to the people testing or implementing better testing procedures. Instead, they shoved a half tested Ilum into 1.1. They tried to change a major thing too quickly and are paying the price for it.

They didn't listen to all of the beta testers who said slicing is too good to pass up. You have to take it because it makes so much money. Instead, they let an unbalanced profession go live and then they acted surprised that it was causing the game's economy to crash in the first week.

BW deserves to be skewered for their pathetic testing procedures. I'm ok with bugs and gameplay not being perfect. I am upset that they don't listen and too many fanboys are giving them a free pass.

I read they were fixing the issue and taking ACTION against those who abused it. Now everyone has made assumptions, so what do you think they are doing to those who have abused it? Do you think they will "rollback" their points and take away their titles, in order to fix it? No one thought about that, now did they? No, instead they complained and wanted a complete rollback that would destroy even the ones who legitimately earned the rank.

How are they going to undo the damage? It will be very difficult to do anything to everyone who benefited from a poorly implemented zone. You can't roll back points for everyone. It is not their fault that BW let this pile of dung go out. Before 1.1 went live, I don't recall seeing a patch note or announcement that going inside the enemy base was supposed to be instant death. It's human nature to camp spawn points in PvP. It's been happening forever in every game with PvP. Those people weren't exploiting a known bug. They were playing the game.

BW needed to test more before putting this half-baked pile of dung into production. A couple of weeks on a lightly used PTR doesn't really cut it.

Edited by Knewt