PvP Healing and the Empire needs you!

AidenPryde

Hello all you sorcs/Ops/Mercs out there.

I know you value your DPS. I know you can get 200k+ damage in a WZ. I know you are awesome at DPS.

But you know what isn't awesome?

Going into a WZ with no healers and losing because of it.

Time after time Empire loses on my server for one simple reason. We have no healers.

Even the people that can do 200+ damage can't stay up for long without a healer.

So please. Choose healing over DPS.

The Empire needs your green goodness.

Inb4 "I get no medalz lolz"

Yeah I think that needs to be looked at, but in the mean time I think healing is so vital for winning in this game, that I really can't state how good it is.

It's just that awesome to see some green numbers pop up on you.

I think healing is so vital for winning in this game, that I really can't state how good it is.

It's just that awesome to see some green numbers pop up on you.

And for that reason NO sage/scoundrel or commando that have damage dealt bigger then healing done ever gets MVP from me. Always decent healers will get them from me(unless someone was really great at objectives like void star).

Edited by Lerdoc

I heal every match, I get garbage medals, it's rare for people to MVP me(they all give MVP to the guy doing the most damage that has 10+ medals already). I get absolutely no protection, tanks don't guard me, nobody peels enemies off me. I somehow manage to solo objectives because everyone else is off death matching.

If you want people healing you, stop being a bunch of **** suckers and give us a hand winning the match once in awhile then support us with MVP votes to help with the medal issue. ***********.

maybe its because individual players are doing more damage than the crit heals going out. just maybe. its 100x more of a headache to play a healer, and playing a healer well means that you delay the death of a player for 10-20 seconds best case scenario. pvp in this game blows and bioware is silent, great business strategy: angry customers, dont tell them anything. SURELY they will all keep using your products

Why heal when the game doesn't encourage it? we get more medals for dps'ing and killing people then we do for healing. Just look at the new ilum changes, if you heal in there, you will NEVER get your daily done. So, dps it is!

You'll more than likely get more commendations for healing in WZ if you also win than if you DPS and then lose. Plus there is the Valor to think about.

Ilum is a disaster I agree, and will remain so. I don't think I am even going to go there anymore such a fail lagfest really.

Edited by AidenPryde

You'll more than likely get more commendations for healing in WZ if you also win than if you DPS and then lose. Plus there is the Valor to think about.

Ilum is a disaster I agree, and will remain so. I don't think I am even going to go there anymore such a fail lagfest really.

Then roll healer OP and stop *********** complaining. If you don't want to do it how can you expect anyone else to?

no... no you wont, at the end of the day you personally will almost always come out significantly head ignoring the fact you can heal and just dps.

in a game where i can choose to reduce my own gains by 30% to help others get 10-20% more and get zero recognition (mvps any sort of good job healers in chat ANYTHING) or screw the team out of 10% so i can get my 100% well.. F the team.

I play an healing operative and have done since I started my character and it really is fun to play, not sure why more people don't try it. Yeah you don't get as many medals but who cares? I'm having fun pvping as a healer and that's all that matters. :cool: Edited by Banz

I love healing in warzones and believe me no one cares about thier "damage" it is 100% the amount of valor/medals you get that keeps most people from healing in warzones. I can get more commendations/valor from losing and getting 7-8 medals as DPS than the 3-5 i get from winning an doing 250~k heals as a bodyguard merc. They fix the medals system for healers and ill be heals everygame but until then im looking out for my valor gain.

Why heal when the game doesn't encourage it? we get more medals for dps'ing and killing people then we do for healing. Just look at the new ilum changes, if you heal in there, you will NEVER get your daily done. So, dps it is!

That's true but healing in WZ's makes you popular in the community :) Everyone is happy to see Sindar on Hidden Beks because he's all about the Objective and healing... :D

I wish they'd reward healers more but... ahhh well, healing is a thankless job anyways.

All I do is heal in WZ's, and currently my little 20 Sorceror is rolling around in more Commendations than my main because she "produces" more as DPS.

Hell, I'm currently standing at my Skill Mentor planning a PvP DPS spec because healing in PvP is so unrewarding on top of being incredibly frustrating.

Get no MVP votes, even if I heal over 300k which for at least an Op healer means I healed non-stop all game.

Current system encourages getting badges, period.

If you want lots of valor, MVP votes, and commendations: healin is not the way to go.

Don't blame the players for not healing: blame Mythic.

What?

Mythic Entertainment was folded into Bioware by EA after WaR failed to live up to internal expectations.

They were put in charge of PvP design.

I don't blame them for making the system the way it is. They weren't involved in the project for more than 6 months or so before launch.

I dont see why more people dont heal. I have my marauder if I wanna DPS. But my Sorc I go healing when I sit down and do WZ's for real. If I am just out questing I will go in as madness but I like healing more.

As far as medals go, I will always and I mean always award medals to healers. I have never once gave a medal out to a DPS. I do not care what his DMG was. Healers will always get my medal.

People who give me assistance in WZ's when I am healing will get the majority of my heals those who run off into a pack of 5 or more and then QQ about no heals... guess what you are not getting any. Those that stick with me guard me and keep DPS off me GREEEEEEEEEEEN! to you.

Just a bit of advice. You want heals be nice to us. And we will keep you alive.....untill that pack of 10 comes or you LoS us.

And for that reason NO sage/scoundrel or commando that have damage dealt bigger then healing done ever gets MVP from me. Always decent healers will get them from me(unless someone was really great at objectives like void star).

Commando is a DPS class. Sure they have an option to heal but it is Republic mains DPS class. Dont blame me for not healing, ive been heal spec and I kind of enjoy it until I group with a sage in a WZ that heals just as much as me but its for double what im doing. So your only voting for your own class for MVP I guess, and none of these classes should vote MVP for you? Is that what im understanding?

gotta love the if you can heal you are a healer mentality some people have here, which i find comes from people who never play healers. the good ole play my way or **** mentality.

fact is healing is sort of annoying in this game particularly in pvp where any dps can easily out heal any non sorc/sage healer, and healing in general is unrewarded and unappreciated by the masses in general.