So things aren't going so well... Let's talk.

JHoltJHolt

I've been thinking, and reading. The problems here seem to be destroying the community and causing many subscriptions to be canceled. This is extremely unfortunate, and sad for a game and developer that has so much potential. SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

So does everyone who is rage quitting (which I'm not blaming you, I understand your anger) feel that these problems cannot be remedied? I understand the outcry, but don't y'all think maybe having faith in a prominent developer and giving support and constructive criticism may actually help to create a game that has SO MUCH POTENTIAL?

This "F this I'm canceling my sub, game is dead screw you BW I'm so entitled and everything must be perfect WAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm a spoled little ****!!!" attitude works great with your parents. But Where does that piss poor attitude really get you? Is there any honor in that?

Who here has ever made a mistake? Granted: the magnitude of mistakes can vary, but honestly? Growing up, and even as an adult, I've made mistakes. I've picked myself up and worked hard to get my **** together. Weather it took a week or A year. Things can get better. and I'm confident they will. But it takes time! This can't be corrected overnight. Give them time to fix it. Your life is not that important, keep yourself occupied. Give BW a chance. It will take some time. What they need is constructive support. The formula is there, it HAS THE POTENTIAL to be great.

I've been thinking, and reading. The problems here seem to be destroying the community and causing many subscriptions to be canceled.

Not really no. A handful of forum whiners threatning to cancel or have canceled doesn't amount to many being the forum pop amounts to about 5% or so overall. The forum community though was destroyed long time ago. The likeliness that the forum commnity can be salvaged is about as likely as the end of the world in December.

Not really no. A handful of forum whiners threatning to cancel or have canceled doesn't amount to many being the forum pop amounts to about 5% or so overall. The forum community though was destroyed long time ago. The likeliness that the forum commnity can be salvaged is about as likely as the end of the world in December.

You got a source for that 5%? Or is it an imaginary number? Having proof is better than saying random "facts".

Every game has the chunk of players that think their problems are major and can't be changed, and rage-quit for ridiculous reasons. It's the same everywhere.

There are also players on every game that offer criticisms, complaints, and suggestions, while still playing the game.

There are people that are a combination, saying what they don't like and offering suggestions, then leaving for a few months, or forever, to let the game get fixed.

It depends on the person, and there's really no way to change it. People will be people, and there will always be trolls, haters, and every other archetype on the internet. Bioware will choose who to listen to, and the game will change accordingly. The people that don't suggest how it can change can't complain when they don't like the changes.

I can't wait till tomorrow.

Look, past then everybody on these forums has implicitly admitted something - they not only bought the game, they liked it well enough to subscribe.

Till then.. I figure this is just the last gasp of the same rampant troll idiocy that gave this game a 6 on metacritic, and which tend to jump from hyped game to hyped game to spew their venom about like diseased Larry Flints.

Yep, it's easy to post the critique and bail. I'm not attached to Bioware or the Star Wars IP so much that I cannot bring myself to unsubscribe until a whole bunch of changes/improvements are made. The laundry lists of pro/cons have been made, I largely agree with them - the game is batting .195 and headed back to the minor leagues for either a magical reinvention of its swing or early retirement and a sad woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Maybe I'll come back later when they have a free weekend to check their progress? For now however, you may find my lack of faith disturbing.

You got a source for that 5%? Or is it an imaginary number? Having proof is better than saying random "facts".

Came from one of the Blizz CM a couple years ago who referred to a survey of MMOs that was done regarding average percentage of player base that reads/posts on an MMO's forums. Average was about 5%.

I've been thinking, and reading. The problems here seem to be destroying the community and causing many subscriptions to be canceled. This is extremely unfortunate, and sad for a game and developer that has so much potential. SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

So does everyone who is rage quitting (which I'm not blaming you, I understand your anger) feel that these problems cannot be remedied? I understand the outcry, but don't y'all think maybe having faith in a prominent developer and giving support and constructive criticism may actually help to create a game that has SO MUCH POTENTIAL?

This "F this I'm canceling my sub, game is dead screw you BW I'm so entitled and everything must be perfect WAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm a spoled little ****!!!" attitude works great with your parents. But Where does that piss poor attitude really get you? Is there any honor in that?

Who here has ever made a mistake? Granted: the magnitude of mistakes can vary, but honestly? Growing up, and even as an adult, I've made mistakes. I've picked myself up and worked hard to get my **** together. Weather it took a week or A year. Things can get better. and I'm confident they will. But it takes time! This can't be corrected overnight. Give them time to fix it. Your life is not that important, keep yourself occupied. Give BW a chance. It will take some time. What they need is constructive support. The formula is there, it HAS THE POTENTIAL to be great.

so i go to a restaurant and order steak, it arrives at the table in a condition less than palatable, i send it back, the chef throws it into the microwave and then sends it back to my table half an hour later

guess who isn't getting my business next time i go out for dinner:confused:

So does everyone who is rage quitting (which I'm not blaming you, I understand your anger) feel that these problems cannot be remedied?

Yes these problems CAN be remedied... but the real question is will they, and will they before it's too late.

Anyone that starts the game now and creates a republic character is:

1) A sadist

2) A drooling idiot

3) completely oblivious

4) Has 0 interest in PvP.

The real issue is BW refuses to even admit that population imbalance, and mirror class imbalance is the root of the problem when it comes to PvP. Until they admit it, they aren't going to address it. People unsubbing aren't doing so because these are unfixable, they are doing so because they do not have faith that BW can or will fix it.

Try to see it this way: Most people, who play an MMO don't really participate in the forums. In our guild there are 40 members as of now and only me and one other guildmate are regularly posting here. The others have exactly 0 posts. I don't claim this is representative, but I have made this experience in every MMO I have played.

And of those few people who come here at all, most come because they want to be heard by the developers or because they feel they are entitled to some kind of treatment. At least it seems this way.

So yes: A lot of posts here are about "gamebreaking issues" and the coming downfall of TOR, but usually these people only represent a very vocal minority. In my experience the real trouble for a MMO starts, when the forums go quiet and people don't ragequit, but just quit and never come back. Take it from someone who played Tabula Rasa. ;)

Potential is cool, but I do not give away money for potential. I've paid for a game with features that was advertised and entitled to it. As of right now what developers did - is stripped me of that features, did very poor job to optimize game for a fresh rig I've got (irony that I don't need it anymore - high q textures blocked) and keep up smile on their faces like everythin is good.

I just keep thinking about how market works: you pay for a product or service, you aware of it's quality due to advertising and presentation and completely sure that money is deserved. If promised quality not met you demand a refund (not possible in case of SWTOR) and say bye to service provider, no problems at all. Otherwise (this situation) I'd really like to piss on reputation of manufacturer so others will reconsider if you can trust these guys.

Still not rage-quitting. I may aswell keep telling to everyone that this outrage is much above tolerable point in-game. It will increase amount of frustration of those who are not sure yet whenever they like this game or not (and will also lead to more pressure on developers)... and won't have any effect on those who already sure that they love that game. Yep, this is dirty tactic, call it "sabotage", but I don't care anymore since I've got cheated.

How about you produce a real number on how many people are actually quitting because they didn't like it?

Came from one of the Blizz CM a couple years ago who referred to a survey of MMOs that was done regarding average percentage of player base that reads/posts on an MMO's forums. Average was about 5%.

most of the posts in this forum are 'random' facts.

5%,..who knows.,..no link?

The problems here seem to be destroying the community and causing many subscriptions to be canceled.

"Many subscriptions"? what's that mean? And where is That proof too?

Is the sky falling?

People here just perpetuate the self-fulfilling prophecies, then go Look see! ,..It happened!

so i go to a restaurant and order steak, it arrives at the table in a condition less than palatable, i send it back, the chef throws it into the microwave and then sends it back to my table half an hour later

guess who isn't getting my business next time i go out for dinner:confused:

Your Mom?

Did I win a prize?

I enjoy reading the rage posts by the few that say they are quitting the game, or make their signatures in their forum posts that say "Un-subbed" and are STILL on the forums reading and complaining. Well if your a complainer or someone who can not contribute to anything positive then please by all means cancel your subscription and leave.

Surprise, No one cares if you leave :eek:

The formula is there, it HAS THE POTENTIAL to be great.

And therein lies the problem - people don't want to pay for potential - they want to pay for a game that works and a company that actually communicates with it's customers.

It's really pretty simple and not a lot to ask.

Also - you don't PVP do you? ;)

Girlfriend and myself have been having nothing but fun playing this game since early access. We've had issues and bugs but it's never been unreasonable for a new game of any kind. I've played on 3 different computers without a problem.

I really don't know... I'd say this is one of the most enjoyable games I've played. I feel like if you really don't like SWTOR then I can't see how you could love any other mmo really. I played WoW for years, Aion, Guild Wars, and Lotro. SWTOR has no more or less issues than any of those games.

Just my 2 cents. I can't argue other peoples experiences but this has been mine.