How have people not hit 50 yet?

staysa

I don't get it. I work 7am-5pm 5 days a week and have done the lvl50 PvP weekly for the 3rd time now, without early game access.

I'm enjoying taking it slow...really enjoying the storylines, and took a couple weeks off for the Holidays. I've rushed to max level in every previous MMO I've played and I'm just happy that the leveling process is so entertaining in SWTOR. So why rush it? The raids aren't going anywhere. By the time I'm 50 and fully geared up, the March patch will be on the horizon. Perfect timing, imo.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate racing to level cap in a new mmo.

There are always bugs and missing content in the first months. Frustration like Ilum yesterday is common.

I always get a bit of a "what to do now" burnout once I reach cap. I like the road to 50 more than being 50 quickly.

I prefer to take my time and not feel rushed by anyone, experiencing all content in my own pace instead of feeling rushed to skip a lot of content to level up quickly.

I had great fun in the 10-49 bracket yesterday, loved it. Seeing the intense QQ from 50's I think I made the right choice to not rush.

When I reach 50 a lot of the problems that 50s now have will be fixed.

Edited by Zandar

I only play with my gf together. And thats sometimes only 2-3 quests every day.

We have passed lv 30 after a long playing session yesterday and we could lv up nearly 2 levels.

I think this game is huge and if you play it casually you need a few months to reach lv 50. Because getting new levels takes more and more time (not that I really mind). The story is great so far and we enjoy it a lot.

Edited by Elthanas

This was actually posted because of "why'd the patch **** over lvl50 play?" "LOL ******** WHY U RUSH?!"

The point is you don't have to "rush" to be 50 already. I didn't rush and got here two weeks ago. So I wanted to see what peoples reasons for not being 50 were.

I do get the playing multiple characters, etc, but the amount of high horse answers is absolutely amazing.

I think the point is even if you take a ton of time, did every quest in the game, absorbed all the story and role played a bit; You should still have hit 50 by now.

No not really. I probably get 2-5 hours in per night, have dabbled in WZ, am doing most quests, and am only just hitting 36. I had a couple of days early access, but then went away for two weeks, only resuming around the 29th of December in earnest. I level efficiently, group on occasion, but I am also learning my role, learning to play MMOs, and enjoying the story (i.e., reading and watching cut scenes).

My progress is what it is *shrugs* Eventually I will do ops with my guild; no big whoop.

I don't get it. I work 7am-5pm 5 days a week and have done the lvl50 PvP weekly for the 3rd time now, without early game access.

I work 8-6p, run a side business, tend to my wife, take care of our dog, have other games to play, have shows/movies to watch, have friends to hang out with, and other hobbies.

The day you understand the world doesn't revolve around your life, you will start to "get" more things.

because most people...

-have responsibilities

-have families

-have friends

-socialize

-go out

-sleep

-dont have the time

-dont play from 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. everyday

-enjoy their weekends and dont sit in front of their PC for 15 hours a day

-have much more important things to do

But, hey, if you want to live an unhealthy lifestyle to get your epeen rock hard so pixels form teh numeral 50 beside your name and it makes you feel like you've accomplished something, then by all means, continue your existence you f'n recluse.

because most people...

-have responsibilities

-have families

-have friends

-socialize

-go out

-sleep

-dont have the time

-dont play from 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. everyday

-enjoy their weekends and dont sit in front of their PC for 15 hours a day

-have much more important things to do

But, hey, if you want to live an unhealthy lifestyle to get your epeen rock hard so pixels form teh numeral 50 beside your name and it makes you feel like you've accomplished something, then by all means, continue your existence you f'n recluse.

Man, the internet is great for feeling superior to random people isn't it?

"I have a life" is pretty much the most widely-used vague copout.

Some people play this game incorrectly. And if they didn't, they don't want to put in as much time as the guy above them to get those rewards...

Everybody has this threshold where they see someone else putting more time into a game and look at it with disgust and reply, "Man, that's too much. Screw this." Everybody except Korea.

I have 3 toons.

39, 13, 6

I have been playing by myself for a lot of the time. I made it from 1 to 24 before the 22nd of December when I had to wait for my key code. I got my code registered after the holidays.

I am now 39, still playing mostly by myself, and still ahead of some of the other guild members. I have almost maxed out my 2 gathering skills (I like 30 to go on the 2nd one) and my crafting is over 180 on my alt for cybertech.

I actually have been going through the story-lines, and loving it. I am in no hurry (though getting close to 50 is making me want to rush it). I have now come to a crossroads. Do I push my way to 50 asap, but skip the stories... I don't want to do that. I would like to do it fully on one toon, to see what it's like. I do skip the occasional side quests, you can guess where things are going from most of the choice dialog options.

I can play between 2 and 3 hours a night, and weekends I am on all day... every day... no life for me. But I find myself sitting around answering questions in the general channel a lot nowadays. Thank god there's no more "Where is my Advanced Skill Trainer" questions lol.

Edited by Kardall

Not necessarily that you don't have a life outside the game. But depending on the AMOUNT of life you have out of the game. Seriously, I do get quite a bit of time to play, when I get to play, BUT I end up doing other things away from my computer. Working on cars, hiking, working out, day job, helping friends with computers, going to parties, taking a week long vacation. Now, you tell me, with all of that why did it take me so long to get to 50. You asked a question, and people answered that they had more life outside of game. Not to mention, managing GF/Wife/BF/hubby aggro takes a good amount of time too lol

I am not trying to get to 50 as fast as I possibly can. When I have time to play, I'll queue a warzone, then tab out to do some other stuff for a while. After a bit, I'll tab back in -- or log back in, as is often the case -- and queue another warzone. I just happen to have other things that I like to do with my free time.

I'm sorry if this seems like the "incorrect" way to play (I lol'd at that comment. Kids. :rolleyes:), but that's how I do it. It's not a race to me. I'm not particularly interested in hitting 50. Actually, I'm really not looking forward grinding out yet another decent set of PvP gear, so I am taking my time about it. I'll get there when I get there.

Edited by belialle

I've been here since early access.

I've a job.

I've two kids.

I've a girlfriend (real).

I workout every day for 1-2 hours.

I read.

I occasionally watch a movie.

I skateboard everyday I can.

I've just about every class/AC in the twenties.

I've no real interest in any of the classes/mechanics. At all. It sucks as I was fully committed to playing but I can't choose what to play.

Stealth DPS.

Ranged DPS

Heals. Hots. Hybrid.

Tank.

DPS that no one want even tho its really good.

Healing OP, Assassin (DK) and their mirrors are the closet to being different than the rest but....meh.

Blech.

Myabe I'm tired of MMOs, certainly of high fantasy, but I was hoping SWTOR being sci fi would help, apparently not it is just too much of the same old thing.

Edited by Valtyr

you can level pretty fast in a group

unfortunately me and the rest of my friends are all at various levels and cant really group with each other anymore.

and no, ive put 6 days into the game and im only level 46 (although i do have two other alts). so i probably have another 25 hours or so until i hit 50. unless i decide to cop out and just do daily pvp/space, in which case 15 hours over the course of the next week.

that and everywhere i go now are level 50 scoundrels going around killing people at full health within a stun, which makes leveling harder. Even worse i actually helped one of them in trouble when he pulled two groups of mobs, only to have him backstab me afterwards.

Edited by Ryotknife

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.