Game time compensation for patch times?

Crowleyz

I think you can expect the servers to go down around this time every week... for ever.

Why?

Because its called "weekly maintenance" for a reason.

yeah but they could change the times to suit the eu players and not just the us players

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There´s no problem with the scheduled maintenance.

Maintenance are always planned during times that disturb the customers as few as possible.

BW decided to take into consideration only the US needs, but they also decided that the European money is good enough for taking.

You want compensation for needed downtimes to fix issues that happen during deployment of patches, and emergency fixes to keep the game running smoothly.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I take it this is your first MMO ? if not dear god

Edited by tkshinoda

You want compensation for needed downtimes to fix issues that happen during deployment of patches, and emergency fixes to keep the game running smoothly.

where u from by the way us or uk

I like this :) Very constructive and needed to be said. Amazing how some people enjoy spending their time being complete douchebags ;)

Edited by Crowleyz

I think blizzard did this if I'm not mistaken.. and I don't see anything wrong with a credit on the bill, especially if its during your "prime play time"

Might be worth making a call to customer support.

If I had a free day of game time for every thread like this on the WoW forums demanding a free day of game time...and the WoW crowd was even sensitive enough to cry out only when unplanned downtime occurred.

Nvertheless - didn't happen, not gonna happen. Apart from such things clearly being announced in the TOS, a refund of ~30 cent (12,99 a month, 16h downtime a month) isn't really somthing to get upset about imho.

Due to overwhelming demand for compensation Bioware has decided to add an additional day to the month of February just for you. (this time will not be credited next year when the calendar will be amended back to short form)

lol very funny not

If I had a free day of game time for every thread like this on the WoW forums demanding a free day of game time...and the WoW crowd was even sensitive enough to cry out only when unplanned downtime occurred.

Nvertheless - didn't happen, not gonna happen. Apart from such things clearly being announced in the TOS, a refund of ~30 cent (12,99 a month, 16h downtime a month) isn't really somthing to get upset about imho.

Not demanding anything, if you read the rediculously short OP instead of just replying based on the title you would know that.

Also, it did happen in WoW. Several times. And if you can't understand that it's not about the 30 cents then well... I think if I met you irl I would give you a pat on the head and a bottle of soda and feel like I've done my good deed for the year.

Edited by Crowleyz

Hi, will you be giving us any more game time as a result of the high degree of server unavailability, especially considering the patch times are always in the middle of the day in europe?

You advertise with 1 month of free game time included, yet we have not had the option to play the game for pretty good chunks of that month.

Is what you wrote.

If this is not demanding something in your book, I think you should update your thesaurus. Your "irl story" is...ridiculous...like your sense of entitlement.

And regarding WoW - it did happen - like thrice in 7 years and never for scheduled downtime.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

I'm sure that the Bioware Defense Force is going to jump on you for this, but you have a very legitimate point. Especially if you work odd hours or live in a more distant time zone. Comp time is something that Blizzard readily handed out during WoW's early days. I think I racked up more than 20 days of time from Blizzard because of emergency patches and extended maintenance windows.

Nice to proactively attack anyone who disagrees :p... that said... has the down time been unreasonable? do we have stats on % down time etc? If it is unreasonable then I'd agree with the OP.

"Dear Bioware and EA could you please refund my money or give me free game time for the hours that I have to spend at work/school cause its unfair that I have to pay full price like everyone else."

Get out and see the sun or something while the servers are down for maintenace, and stop the comperason to Blizzard ... yeah because WoW dident have one weekly maintenance day.

Bioware is rolling out patches at a higher rate and with less down time then WoW ever did.

If they where to offer compensation it would be because of unexpected /unscheduled / server crashes.

Oh look snow and sun! I think I'll get my umemployed butt out in it.

It's an MMO, patches are a fact of life. It's still early days so there are bound to be a few of them but it will slow down.

Indeed... but that, unfortunatly, won't stop the people that want their toys nooooow from whining about it.

We, the Europeans, wanted our patched at the same time as the Americans... and guess what... now most of them are crying over having the same downtime as the Americans...

I'mma go ask for asylum in the States soon

I live in England and server downtime is smack bang in the middle of the day for me, sometimes this can be an annoyance i work 48 hours, 5 days a week and to be honest Tuesday is the only day i truly get to myself (wife is at work :p) guess its just bad timing :( I dont expect any compensation just thought i would add my 2 cents.

Hi, will you be giving us any more game time as a result of the high degree of server unavailability, especially considering the patch times are always in the middle of the day in europe?

You advertise with 1 month of free game time included, yet we have not had the option to play the game for pretty good chunks of that month.

First off, I live in europe and the reason why BW have picked the middle of the day is because the majority is at WORK or SCHOOL.

Second, Its an MMO, you should of known there would be server downtime to update the game client. How else would they update it without bringing the servers offline!

"Dear Bioware and EA could you please refund my money or give me free game time for the hours that I have to spend at work/school cause its unfair that I have to pay full price like everyone else."

Get out and see the sun or something while the servers are down for maintenace, and stop the comperason to Blizzard ... yeah because WoW dident have one weekly maintenance day.

Bioware is rolling out patches at a higher rate and with less down time then WoW ever did.

If they where to offer compensation it would be because of unexpected /unscheduled / server crashes.

Oh look snow and sun! I think I'll get my umemployed butt out in it.

He's saying the game is down during his core game time. Not, it's down while he's asleep (that's just for Americans)...

He has a point.

The 1 month Play time subscription is legally binding and comes with consumer rights. It could be legally challenged as it should include a disclaimer that if you live in western Europe, for 2.5 days of Core Game Time every month, the game will be unavailable.

Edited by Dethrone

The problem is you AGRRED to the down time. You know that thing you just clicked accept without reading it? ya well guess what

BIOWARE PROVIDES TOR SERVICES ON A COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE BASIS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE TOR SERVICES AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING, OR THAT BIOWARE WILL HAVE ADEQUATE CAPACITY FOR TOR SERVICES AS A WHOLE OR IN ANY SPECIFIC GEOGRAPHIC AREA.
http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/termsofservice

Now if it does get excessive bio may give up free time like wow and funcom and other have done. But they are not obligated to. If you don't like it you vote with you dollars and leave.

I have been doing MMO's for a long time this is part of the deal when you sign on. You can compare it to any other game but it does not make a deference this is how they are going to do it and that's it. And if you do the math. You are due back .02 cents per hour of play. is it really worth it to make a fuss over .08 cents? if you do i sorry but you need to find a hobby i usually play star trek during down time its not bad

I completely support the OP. I shall be brief: For the last month and some other than the scheduled maintenance windows, there have been patches to fix the patches which were deployed therein (funnily enough these maintenance patches themselves were to fix issues in the game).

Furthermore if such a trend continues wherein there are two days in a week when the service is down for an extended period and given there are 4 weeks in a month, people who pay for 3 or 6 months end up paying for almost a month or month and a half less than they get to pay (4X2X3 = 24 / 4X2X6 = 48 ).

Yes we agreed to the EULA but that was with the understanding that we would have WEEKLY SCHEDULED maintenance, not this current farce wherein ignoring feedback from the PTR Bioware is rushing patches out then patching those patches and in some case further patching the patches deployed to patch the patch (Ilum exploits, Broken PvP queues, Broken Fleets etc.)

As a player yes I love Bioware and they have my full support for this game and I know they will make it an absolutely stellar online entertainment choice. I also understand they are under tremendous pressure and that patching an MMO is not simple. However as a paying customer I can not in good faith continue to be silent and pay for a service which is unavailable for sizable chunks of every week and I strongly believe that they should either extend game time or refund an appropriate amount to players.

He's saying the game is down during his core game time. Not, it's down while he's asleep (that's just for Americans)...

He has a point.

The 1 month Play time subscription is legally binding and comes with consumer rights. It could be legally challenged as it should include a disclaimer that if you live in western Europe, for 2.5 days of Core Game Time every month, the game will be unavailable.

But it "does" my dear friend.... you just didn't read it and clicked YES before reading it... as most of us did

He has a point.

1. It is included in the legal mumbo jumbo.

2. It isn't 52h/month, more like...16.

You probably belong to the same crowd demanding their bugs fixed NOW.

Maybe I don't know enough about servers... and/or maybe somebody has mentioned this already. But why not just stagger the patches by time zones? So while my time zone is down, I could just play on another time zone's server.

probably an offshore operation. Like customer support it's all run outta Asia. So even though the tin is regional, the button pressers are central...

I think blizzard did this if I'm not mistaken.. and I don't see anything wrong with a credit on the bill, especially if its during your "prime play time"

Might be worth making a call to customer support.

blizz only did it when there was excessive server unavailability not for normal maintenance. As of yes we have not had this issue except for a coupel of server being down. I am sure if people on those servers contacted BW they would have if BW did not automatically do so received some sort of a credit. I do understand that some peoples play time does not jive with their peak times that BW looks at when they set up down time. However, I do not see that as beign a biases for compensation .

Edited by Baaddare