Is RE broke?

Priam

Well i guess thats the problem because people like me dont have any luck and theres nothing we can do about it.

I just get annoyed more though when I do have that bit of luck and unlock a purple sniper rifle with defence and shield rating and think...YAY

Edited by Carbonated

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think RE'ing should have a 'streakbreaker' mechanic built into it. If you haven't gotten a next tier schematic by 20 RE's, it autopops one on the 21st attempt. Maybe not the one you want, but certainly.

I really like this idea. Why can't RE be mixed indeed? If they love that gambling with RE, let it be there. Like, if you are lucky, you get your upgrade on a first try. But let there be an option for unlucky people to get the recipe too.

I never enjoyed gambling, and loosing over 100k on missions and about 10 hours for gathering mats on foot to get a blue implant (still don't have it, and I'm already terrified of the thought to RE purple one) is not fun but extremely frustrating. It's so NOT worth it.

I understand that the game caters to raid-lovers, but really, should it be to that extent? Right not it seems faster and cheaper to farm raids for high lvl items than crafting something lower in quality.

At this point I really want to abandon my crafting skills in favor of gathering ones and just sell mats on GTN. Not sure it was BW's intention when they designed crafting. The only thing that stops me is reusable medpacks and stims, which were equally hard to get, so abandoning them is a hard decision.

Edited by PaniMauser

had 50 lv 49 tank implants made of blue and still no re proc. to purple.

had one created blue proced with bonus slot total of the 50 blues i made,

waste of time, and credits, as i need to farm mats, and sending my companions for diplomacy missions.

well im going to work on this to i get my implants, its feeling like playing ffxi again on crafting to get +1s.

I really like this idea. Why can't RE be mixed indeed? If they love that gambling with RE, let it be there. Like, if you are lucky, you get your upgrade on a first try. But let there be an option for unlucky people to get the recipe too.

I never enjoyed gambling, and loosing over 100k on missions and about 10 hours for gathering mats on foot to get a blue implant (still don't have it, and I'm already terrified of the thought to RE purple one) is not fun but extremely frustrating. It's so NOT worth it.

I understand that the game caters to raid-lovers, but really, should it be to that extent? Right not it seems faster and cheaper to farm raids for high lvl items than crafting something lower in quality.

At this point I really want to abandon my crafting skills in favor of gathering ones and just sell mats on GTN. Not sure it was BW's intention when they designed crafting. The only thing that stops me is reusable medpacks and stims, which were equally hard to get, so abandoning them is a hard decision.

This would destroy the idea of the mini-game IMO. Yes, it would be 'nice' to easily get all patterns, but that isn't the point of the mini-game. I point is to actually put forth the time, effort, blood, sweat, tears, whatever into getting it. Most people will want to just give up after 100 RE's and say screw it, but if you persevered and kept going, you would have something that most other people wouldn't have but might very well want! Thus, supply and demand kicks in. I'm not sure what the market is like on your servers, but on mine, that sort of thing will net you some awesome credits!

Is RE broke?

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!

Reverse Engineering is one mean mother in law and boy does she hate me. Reverse Engineering in star wars the old republic is so broken that even Superman shot himself.

I've Reverse Engineered 60 Critical Reinforced Mesh Boots (level 9 blue item) and gained 1 useless, 1 moderately useful and one schematic that I already knew.

One would imagine Reverse Engineering low level items would be easier and Reverse Engineering difficulty would follow an exponential curve along the items levels.

I can turn a blind aye on many issues Crew Skills have, but reverse engineering is one single feature of Star Wars the old republic that makes me want to bang my head against a wall.

And that idea seem more and more appealing with every single reverse engineering batch I do (15 items at a time).

Edited by ZingFreelancer

This would destroy the idea of the mini-game IMO. Yes, it would be 'nice' to easily get all patterns, but that isn't the point of the mini-game. I point is to actually put forth the time, effort, blood, sweat, tears, whatever into getting it. Most people will want to just give up after 100 RE's and say screw it, but if you persevered and kept going, you would have something that most other people wouldn't have but might very well want! Thus, supply and demand kicks in. I'm not sure what the market is like on your servers, but on mine, that sort of thing will net you some awesome credits!

So, for lucky people, who get recipes on the first or second try the mini-game is not broken in any way, shape or form? LOL, funny logic. Let's make it impossible to get recipe before ten or more tries then, so it will even chances of lucky and unlucky people.

Also, I didn't pick up the craft for profit, I picked it up for personal use. And as of now this mini game has absolutely failed me. I outleveled EVERY recipe before I could get it purple(except of 49 lvl medpack, I still use it as for Rakata I need to raid and not all people of my guild are at lvl 50 yet), so all the time I was using underleveled medpacks and wearing implants I got as quest rewards, despite being able to craft something better (in theory).

And now at lvl50 three or four days of daily quests (or even less if I did some pvp and raid) can get me far better stuff than my crafted tops. So I can say, the mini game failed me completely.

I wasted all this time and creds for absolutely nothing. And because of this RE problem I can only outfit newly created alts as my blue and purple stuff is in mid-thirties only. Anything above is not REable for me. Despite me doing this RE thing every day on my main.

If outfitting the alts was the point of crafting, they should have been more clear about it from the beginning, so people like me didn't expect to use crafted stuff for themselves and didn't experience shattered expectations and frustration afterwards.

Edited by PaniMauser

It is for sure taking alot longer or is somewhat broken since patch 1.1. I was trying to get some some lvl 9 items made on the medium synthweaving skill. The day before the patch I easily got the two items for the heavy armor but after patch i tried making 20 each for the two lvl 9 medium greens and got no blue schematics I figured something was wrong, I havent seen those kinds of number except when trying to re green lvl 49 schematics to get the blues.

After Thursday patch I was back to being able to get the blue schematics on consistent basis. So may have been just bad luck but in the past the bad luck didnt seem to carry over to every crafter I had hehe.

I havent had any reversed schematic from blue to purple in the last week.

At this moment I already spent so many materials, that even IF i would get a recipe, I guess i should ask close to 500k a 1mil for 1 item, to earn back the investment costs.

Sorry, but I am close to just gather up resources, till this reverse chance gets "fixed" into a bit more normal chance.

Chances are now so insane low, that we can never earn our investments back really.

If you dont want that people get too many items built, then just put a failure rate on item crafting in, so that IF you know a recipe, it doesnt mean you always succeed.

Update:

Just got the recipe: Supremacy Bonded Mesh Jacket [superior] from a critical bonded mesh jacket.

attributes:

582 armor,

59 endurance,

50 cunning,

29 accuracy,

77 critical rating,

+48 alacrity rating.

Edited by Bangkirai

If you dont want that people get too many items built, then just put a failure rate on item crafting in, so that IF you know a recipe, it doesnt mean you always succeed.

Please for the love of God, NO. Look at FFXI here... Imagine something really rare you got from raiding, use ton of points to get it, then gone... I'd rather deal with RE rand() than this.

I wasted a lot of mats R/E green/blue too to get what I want, and I only ever got one purple of the type I can't use. All I've ever gotten are Redoubt and Overkill. It's frustrating since there have to be Critical somewhere... but I'm not getting it (or any purple). However, since this is the case, it makes it so each crafter can have some unique schematic rather than everyone has the same one and undercuts each other. And stop R/Eing if you're not at 50 since the credits you got are not going to help with R/Eing. Leave that for level 50. I've been queuing up Crafting/gathering missions whenever I got online, and I'm not broke at all. Dailies bring in 200k per day...

So overall, I'm fine with RE, except I wish when you got a schematic, it would be something you don't know, rather than "you already know this schematic".

Edited by Cantiga

Well I'm certainly torn on this, I've learned two epics since patch for artifice. Orange crystal that took me 3 blues and the extremely mind blowing annoying overkill hyperaccelerated power generator. The second has taken me more than 2 full stacks of blue mats, at 4 per craft that's at least 50 REs. To the point I had another post where we both thought it was flat out broken and they had claimed over 70 with no luck. I don't know if I'm happy or sad now that I have an epic version because its not that one I wanted...

this morning i reverse engineered 25 of the prototype quality "critical nano optic awareness motivator"s and didnt even get a "you alrerady know this schematic" message.

Those 25 reverse engineerings now make it 300 Reverse engineerings. before the patch, i learned the fervour, tempest and supremacy versions of the artifact quality within the first 30-50 reverse engineerings, nothing in the 250 or so since patch.

trying to get endowement version.

As Artifice, I haven't seen a single blue RE recipe since patch. And I reverse engineered over 40-45 items each on 3 different patterns with absolutely nothing. Before for a blue quality crystal i'd usually nail the pattern within 10, a purple quality pattern was between 20-30. I honestly think they broke something (because well from what i saw they inadvertently broke a lot of things) because I'm seeing a lot of Artificers talking about it in general chat... Other crafting skills seem to have fairly reasonable return - but arifice right now is unbelievably low. I've got a better shot at a random purple item dropping running about killing mobs than i do of RE to get a recipe. From the general chatter this is at the point that it seems that a lot of people are no longer going to even try for anything above the trained recipe until they hear its fixed.

.:mad:

Edited by MandyKat

The rates associated with reverse engineering these items should be the same as it was before the patch, and it should be possible to learn the blue to purple recipes.

Before I had to do maybe 20 blues to get a purple at level 49, 30 at the most. Since the patch, I've done more than 150 blue belts and STILL no purple. I can't get even a single artifact schematic for the damn belt. Your system is broken. I'd wager someone ninja nerfed it in the patch or the patch messes up the system.

And now at lvl50 three or four days of daily quests (or even less if I did some pvp and raid) can get me far better stuff than my crafted tops. So I can say, the mini game failed me completely.

I wasted all this time and creds for absolutely nothing.

I think the thread is asking if a patch altered the rate of RE, but this quote is much more important! It has always been "broke." The first customizable gun you ever get in game, the FIRST one, will be better than your artifact augmentable crafts by 50. The crafted one may have more secondary stats (shield, absorb, defense, etc), but not enough to counter the primary stats (aim, endurance, damage) that item modifications, and thus custom items, give.

Not sure if anyone has taken this into consideration but, location, location, location. My RE successes appear to occur more frequently when I'm on my ship or at Carrick Station. Could be a bonus when your closer to one of those crafting stations.

I've reverse engineered about 40 green bastion enhancement 22's today and still have not gained the blue schematic version. Normally takes less than 10 to get the blue.

If this was an intended change, you'd think it would have made it into the patch notes. Perhaps I just missed it.

I have RE over 250 level 49 blue earpiece. I got 3 different purple schematics, and two times message that i already know that one. But I didn't get the one I wanted so I droped cybertech for biochem becouse I already have better earpiece from Illum/Belsavis PvE dailys.

Just throwing in my two credits, as well...

I have Reverse Engineered 158 Redoubt Nano-Optic Response Implants in an effort to obtain the schematic for Veracity Nano-Optic Response Impant [superior].

Within the first 29 Reverse Engineer attempts, I received the schematics for Anti-Armor Nano-Optic Response Implant [superior] and General's Nano-Optic Response Implant [superior]. Since then, I have received nothing.

:w_frown:

- Edit for typo

Edited by vertrand