The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

It's a nice little bonus to say thanks to supporters, not some evil plot to "trick" people into subscribing.

Sorry, there is nothing negative about it...there just isn't.

All you big, bad wolves can huff and puff, and try to blow reality away all day..hehe, good luck!

If it was such a generous act we would get it for buying the game during the launch month not for subscribing for another month of crap

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate this. To the people complaining - Why does it matter to you? You're canceling to go back to WoW anyways. You can't use a SWTOR founder title in WoW.

It matters because some of us would gladly pay IF we could actually play the game. In the best case scenarios we are being fed a cut and paste copy of information that has been proven to be false. What's worse though is most of us are being ignored.

Imagine if you had paid for a game, but the game won't run for various reasons. Then instead of getting actual support you are told "sorry, not enough people have the same problem you guys are only 5% we don't care".

Well there is only one clear way to show that you are important, and that's by not giving them more money so that you can not play a game.

You should go browse through the customer support forum. Look at how many people can't play because the launcher is broken for them. We have to rely on other players to upload files. Our computers are somehow at fault, yet when we get the files from other people they work on our computers. It doesn't make sense. Instead of working with the players though BW has chosen to ignore us, and to threaten the people that try to give actual fixes. They ignore the people who need help, and they ignore the suggestions from the ones who provide useful information for fixing the issues.

Just because your game is working fine doesn't mean everyone else is playing fine also.

What is it called when you give someone money for nothing in return? Charity, and if I'm going to just give money away there are people that are far more needing of it than an mmo company. Now when, or if, they get their launcher to work so that I can actually play I would gladly pay. I don't need a dumb title, or some shiny in game. The game is good enough as it is.

Oh and before I hear anymore of this "well the game is one month old" nonsense, no. These are things that were reported months before the game went live. These are things that were reported early in closed beta, again in open beta, again in early start, and all through this month. We have been ignored repeatedly. Now sure it might be your opinion (and those like you) that I should continue to pay for a game I can't play. It's not my opinion though. If I purchased something that doesn't work I would normally take it back and get a new one that does work. That isn't an option here though, so the least I can do is not continue to pay for a product that doesn't work.

I bought the game and bought the 60 day card, both digital, but since i have like 3 months more of game time, the day that you guys want us to pay something is like nothing near when my game time ends, but since you guys want to reward the players that started this game, i find it unfair that due to me buying time and stuff when i started playing, i don't get rewarded, i mean its fine but you should think more about players that have an account activated from december to january or february something, and that have played more than 30 days or so, that would be more logical and would reward every single player that helped you since the beginning

I want to say it's more than bad timing it's how this reward is even structured / geared toward. Because anyone can get this title, they didn't have to pre-order help with beta testing etc. So yes it does feel like this is an attempt to keep subscribers when they could have easily won be over with at least a mention of future fixes (for me).. or heck direct the reward at players that actually helped first populate it/ test.

That's my feeling on why I somewhat relate with you on that one and also what many other feel.. minus the rage, lol.

Good move by BW, may keep some of those who are thinking of leaving for a while to stay though for me having a title that half a million other players have and using it over the better ones found ingame is kinda pointless.

I hope BW make a **** load of money causs in the end we all gain by it.

I have a title for you: Pathetic

Next time I heard one of you americans going on about your lauded 'founding fathers', am I to assume that actually means 'anyone who paid tax before 1985'?

Founders don't turn up 3 months after the game is released and wave a credit card. Founders gave you their hard earned cash before you had a product to offer them. Most did it on good faith, without the benefit of reviews, trailers and gameplay reports because everything was still under NDA.

This

I switched from SE to CE during beta, because I was that impressed with the game.

Once my CE came, and I was able to, I signed up for 6 months (should rebill today, tomorrow), because I couldn't GET a yearly option.

I'm happily a member of this club, and will continue to support the game as long as it continues to provide entertainment to me (which I'm sure will be MUCH longer than WoW ever did)

I bought the game and bought the 60 day card, both digital, but since i have like 3 months more of game time, the day that you guys want us to pay something is like nothing near when my game time ends, but since you guys want to reward the players that started this game, i find it unfair that due to me buying time and stuff when i started playing, i don't get rewarded, i mean its fine but you should think more about players that have an account activated from december to january or february something, and that have played more than 30 days or so, that would be more logical and would reward every single player that helped you since the beginning

Wha??? your so lost lol, u will get it, once your "free" 30 days is up and your actual paid time is in use, youll get it...

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

I'd prefer it if you spent some of your gigantic budget on staffing up your EU office so you can apply patches at a sensible local time, and if you hired a communication staff which actually communicated, instead of just occasionally posting sarcy remarks on Twitter.

it would seem a more appropriate thing for people who pre-ordered

It is for us who pre-ordered, those of us who stay. Not for those who just use the 30 free days to whine and cry about an ever changing game thats not 10/10 NOW NOW NOW!... Its a test to see who truly wants the game to improve and become whats its ment to be. We are the ones supporting the game with our money because its an investment to sub

I pre-ordered, played since before the official launch, was part of the beta tests as well and subscribed for 6 months, before my pre-order 30 days ended...does that mean I get a medal? Or does that mean I am screwed, because I have already been billed and won't be billed again until in 5 months...???

-.-''

If it was such a generous act we would get it for buying the game during the launch month not for subscribing for another month of crap

Indeed, it seems to be very insulting to generalize us to a re-sub then you'll get this why not just give it to us w/o the sub?

And I have a question for all those who think since we are speaking out about this that we are trolls..

Why can't they give us this special title without subscribing within their said timeline OR even subscribing at all?

... Shouldn't it be given in that unconditional courtesy for what we've already done?...

I know a lot of people are vain and like little things in the game like pets and titles, but is anyone who already cancelled (or will when the feature works again) really going to re-sub for this? :confused:

No and the timing with all the problems at the moment is in pretty bad taste.

Nice idea but not sure this is the best time to announce this :)

Why is that oh master of knowledge beyond measure? Of course its the good time to announce it, reward those who joined you from the get go and don't wait around forever to do so. What is wrong with that? Good lord you people complain about everything!

What exactly did u see advertised? The graphics look exactly as they did when BioWare showed off the game at conventions... are you expecting Skyrim like graphics or something? In fact the games graphics are superior to say WoW. So i dont get your Sig... Just one of the many excuses with no weight for the haters to hate imo.

It is for us who pre-ordered, those of us who stay. Not for those who just use the 30 free days to whine and cry about an ever changing game thats not 10/10 NOW NOW NOW!... Its a test to see who truly wants the game to improve and become whats its ment to be. We are the ones supporting the game with our money because its an investment to sub

Yes because people that don't pay for a game they can't play aren't deserving enough. Eh, what more should I expect from people I guess.

Why is that oh master of knowledge beyond measure? Of course its the good time to announce it, reward those who joined you from the get go and don't wait around forever to do so. What is wrong with that? Good lord you people complain about everything!

No...because (anyone) who does a subscription will get this unfitting "title"... When it should have been given for what was already done.

I pre-ordered, played since before the official launch, was part of the beta tests as well and subscribed for 6 months, before my pre-order 30 days ended...does that mean I get a medal? Or does that mean I am screwed, because I have already been billed and won't be billed again until in 5 months...???

-.-''

You should get it if you subbed well before the 30 free days