Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should give this medal to the beta testers and the players that had early access which are the one that helped you with successful MMO launches of all time.

Not to the one who are willing to pay you more money, it is not fair and not logic besides money logic.

The Beta-Test is still going on. :rolleyes:

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

more useless fluff

I think it's a nice gesture.

Thanks, Bioware :)

As the vast majority of players already know, the game isn't bad at all. In fact, it's brilliant!

For those of us who are enjoying the game, many happy returns for SWTOR! :D

Edited by AtticusFinch

if they were to give out purple lightsaber crystals or something like a mount, that would be seen as a desprate attempt.

So's this according to people in this thread :p

But I see your point, some people could believe that it's a desperate attempt trying to hide what it is by offering something that won't really encourage anyone to subscribe for another month...

Yeah, don't think "don't want to be obvious" is a very convincing argument that this is a desperate attempt :D

The "founder's medal" is simply the item you use that grants the title to your account (and all alts).

You don't get "A medal and a title!" - that's just PR spin - you get a title. That's it.

I know it's nitpicking slightly... but people were already laughing at how minor/inconsequential a medal and a title were - it's just worth pointing out that it is, in fact, not even that much.

Is it just me or are these Bioware people starting to sound like that Al Assad dude in Syria?

The whole country is rampaging around him while he is deploying pure brutality to put down a rebellion, then that dude had the nerve to go on live TV and try to claim that he is not killing his own people.

This whole "founder" idea smacks of that same level of denial and arrogance.

Seriously?

Did you just seriously equate a buggy game patch in a video game to the slaughter of real people?

Talk about extreme...jeez.

The patch screwed up Illum and they are on it less than a day later trying to fix it...yeah...that really screams genocide, murder, ruthless violence and dictatorship to me...

Really a medal?? Doesn't do a thing for me.

Even 7 years ago Matrix on Line had cool gear for beta players more vanity than anything but still looked good. Medal is just going to take up another slot w/o any worthwhile use I think.

Personally I give it a thumbs down - and would rather some places get fixed.

As for the title there are way better ones you get for doing more than just pay. I still like the Title the Gree bestow.

Edited by LeMage

I preordered the game and look my forum join date. Thanks, you showed much appreciation till now.

Ah I see you need my money. You can keep your title. I will still play the game but I will play it because my friends are playing and I like their company.

... but please dont insult my intelligence with your "reward" one day until preorder sub expire.

:mad:

Edited by AlexRose

So's this according to people in this thread :p

But I see your point, some people could believe that it's a desperate attempt trying to hide what it is by offering something that won't really encourage anyone to subscribe for another month...

Yeah, don't think "don't want to be obvious" is a very convincing argument that this is a desperate attempt :D

then I must ask you, why announce such a promotion one day before subs run out?

Honestly? You're going to buy our subscriptions with a title (which is funny, because we are the ones giving you all the money). You don't think this looks shady at all? Especially right now, what with the crappy job you've done with 1.1...

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

then I must ask you, why announce such a promotion one day before subs run out?

At a guess because it was ready to be announced today? Sure the timing is far from perfect, but I don't see how this title will encourage people to resubscribe if Bioware are as desperate as some people believe. Yes it might well persuade a very very few who were debating to continue for another month but if Bioware were really as desperate as the doomsayers claim then they'd want to convince more than that very small number.

I don't think I would consider this insulting. They probably have been planning this for weeks in advance, it's just bad timing. I like to think of it more as a gesture of goodwill in this case. It's kind of like if you have a bad experience at a restaurant and they give you something complimentary for being a good sport even though they know they messed up. Maybe you'll go back in the future, maybe you won't, but it helps at least.

It's not goodwill, it's the same marketing strategy used by the Franklin Mint and the makers of all products sold mainly at 4am. Whether that is a good or bad thing depends on your personal taste.

This definitely smacks of desperation. I can't say I didn't consider it, but at the end of the day social benefits like this don't mean much because there isn't very much of a social community in this game, no one to really show it off to or who really cares that you are a founder. I would have been more impressed with a tangible award like some gear or something.

meh where is my title for beta testing ... every one that buys the game gets a title but we who spent the time testing get told we can't have a title because it would promote elitism...

all I want is a simple little title that reads "I was a beta tester and am therefor better than you, Suck it n00b" is that so much to ask for? :)

Edited by Liquidacid

A medal is supposed to be a sign of achievement given to you by others, not something you can buy for your self.

If i want a medal i would go out and buy a real "Founders" medal and wear it on my neck, but i would consider myself an idiot if i did that because i havent achieved anything worth the title "Founders" compares to early access players who actually helped BW with smooth launch.

I don't think I would consider this insulting. They probably have been planning this for weeks in advance, it's just bad timing. I like to think of it more as a gesture of goodwill in this case. It's kind of like if you have a bad experience at a restaurant and they give you something complimentary for being a good sport even though they know they messed up. Maybe you'll go back in the future, maybe you won't, but it helps at least.

You are joking right?

You one of the first customers and prenoted the seat month ahead and they spill the soup over your shirt and then they say: listen if you order anohter meal we will give you a hankerchief for free.

Yes the restaurant analogy is superb.