Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

What a riot.. in interview its claimed that more people are re-subbing than expected (when thats impossible to know for sure until the final hour as last chance to cancel passes,) then to do such a blatant last ditch effort to entice people into not canceling.

Took you years to earn such a trusted reputation BW; and your throwing it away so quickly.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you think March purchases are "the founders" and not the pre-orders and Beta testers. Seems you have a rewritten definition of "Founder".

Yeah, remember the weeping and gnashing of teeth when beta testers dared mention receiving a title? They were scoffed at for wanting to earn a reward for not doing anything.

Edited by Traumahawk

Glad you think March purchases are "the founders" and not the pre-orders and Beta testers. Seems you have a rewritten definition of "Founder". I call people in March the late purchases or dual boxers.

implying people who pre-ordered will not get the title?

Glad you think March purchases are "the founders" and not the pre-orders and Beta testers. Seems you have a rewritten definition of "Founder". I call people in March the late purchases or dual boxers.

The duel boxing thing is somthing I am unaware of. I did try for arguments sake the other day to run two SWTOR clients at once and was told that only one can be ran on this computer at a time so I dont think duel boxing can work. Correct me if I am wrong though.

The duel boxing thing is somthing I am unaware of. I did try for arguments sake the other day to run two SWTOR clients at once and was told that only one can be ran on this computer at a time so I dont think duel boxing can work. Correct me if I am wrong though.

I'm sure it will be done, I saw a page on how to do it last week but won't post it here.

I shouldn't be surprised that there are so many people in this thread that fail to comprehend a few simple facts about this offer.

1. They have had this brewing in their marketing department for awhile now.

2. It is a day before renew time, so of course they have to tell you about the special offer they have been planning on having for renewals.

No one needs to be fired over any of this and it most certainly is not the end of the world. Far too many people are getting taken in by forum trolls and misinformation spread by gaming sites about the patch today.

SWTOR may have some issues (random loading screens on fleet, ***?), but overall it is a very enjoyable game with very few major bugs.

Take some time to breath and clear your mind a bit of your rage, life will seem much more enjoyable when you do :-)

I shouldn't be surprised that there are so many people in this thread that fail to comprehend a few simple facts about this offer.

2. It is a day before renew time, so of course they have to tell you about the special offer they have been planning on having for renewals.

No one needs to be fired over any of this and it most certainly is not the end of the world. Far too many people are getting taken in by forum trolls and misinformation spread by gaming sites about the patch today.

SWTOR may have some issues (random loading screens on fleet, ***?), but overall it is a very enjoyable game with very few major bugs.

Take some time to breath and clear your mind a bit of your rage, life will seem much more enjoyable when you do :-)

Good post and I aggree.

Im paying the 15 bucks a month, 30 if you count my wife's account, because even with its microscopic issues and bugs its a great and wonderful play experience and is above all, FUN. Somthing the wife and I have been missing for the past 4 years in world of warcraft.

This little title and such is just the hot fudge in a sunde and I will always taking somthing for free.

i was in beta and i pre ordered but i dont see this title in game anywhere? Oh well i would like to continue trying to make the game better but i have to be honest its very frustrating to see things are bieng dealt with after the fact. Ilum is a good example i tryed to post my positive ideas to to gabe but theres just to much mad wow kids and qq im out of here threads so i dont know i think ill stick around for 3-6 months but ive gone from loving the game to overly concerned about its future. I hoe gabe goes to comic con this year so i can discuss my ideas with him in person b/c i want this game to succeed but there needs to be serious change here and fast. The first month in any mmo is the most crucial for it. Theres no chance for 2nd impressions = (

"*OFFER EXPIRES MARCH 19, 2012 AT 12:01AM EST; MARCH 18, 2012 AT 9:01PM PST; MARCH 19, 2012 AT 4:01AM GMT; MARCH 19, 2012 AT 5:01AM CET. GOOD ONLY FOR PURCHASES OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ WITH REDEMPTION OF A PURCHASED GAME TIME CODE OR BILLING OF AN ACTIVE GAME RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION WITH AN APPROVED PAYMENT METHOD. VALID WHEREVER GAME IS SOLD. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. CUSTOMERS WILL ACCESS THE ITEM IN-GAME. VIRTUAL ITEM ONLY. ITEM WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL CHARACTERS UNDER USER’S ACCOUNT. PLEASE ALLOW 7 DAYS FOR NOTIFICATION OF DELIVERABLES.'

Are they? Or do you think that title should be allotted to those who pre-ordered and Beta tested the game?

Because the deadline and the intent does not add up to me.

Beta testing and pre-ordering are meaningless. I beta tested for months, but that does nothing for the game's live server communities.

Founders are the ones who create the foundation for the server communities by building a level 50 player base for guilds, PvP, the economy, etc. You have to stick with the game for more than 30 days to have a significantly positive impact.

After March, the server communities will be established to a point where new players are building upon an existing foundation. March is a reasonable cutoff date.

I'll agree that things like this take time to plan and that they may have been planning it for a while. However, why on earth would you announce it literally hours before the North American subs are up for renewal? Wouldn't it make more sense to announce this weeks ago or even at launch. My suspicion is that they did plan this but weren't planning on announcing it until later. Something like "To show our appreciation to everyone that payed for the first month, here is a founder title". With what happened today, I think they saw it as a damage control opportunity. Why else announce it with hours ticking down to re-sub?