Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

The whining in this thread is epic, and mildly amusing.

Now I can enjoy my game even more, knowing how much better it will be on Friday or Saturday (depending on when i get back on) and see how many of these rage quitters really did it, or if they are just hypocrites.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that why I cant find the unsub button?? Dude... I was looking for that... instead I just deleted my credit card...

On topic. Medals =/= Resub

BTW... For you out there defending the game, this obviously speaks to how many subs just got leaked from the game.

They just removed a button not the page

Go to your subscription page on your account and extend the url adress with /cancel

its magic.. cancelling page appear

Edited by Sombrpoil

Boy oh boy, the worried Trion and Blizzard developers are out in force tonight.

Thanks Bioware :)

Now I can enjoy my game even more, knowing how much better it will be on Friday or Saturday (depending on when i get back on) and see how many of these rage quitters really did it, or if they are just hypocrites.

Right....

Notice how the supporters of this game are becoming the minority and the haters are becoming the majority... thats not a coincidence. Go look at the pvp section where they address the Ilium bug after today and all the valor exploiting that was going on. Almost 140 plus pages of people unsubbing, not to mention who knows how many who just unsubbed without saying a word. Your totally right... its a conspiracy.

And before you say it, your happy all those people are leaving the community will be a better place, that is stupid logic. The more people that leave, the less money there is to improve on this game, the faster the game dies, and less people to play with. Regardless if the people leaving are jerks, you need PEOPLE to make a community, if they are gone... GG.

Edited by Kashley

I was reading this and it is funny as hell.....

BioW is trying to dazzled bells and whistles to keep calm.. in fact it make the people even more fueled and angry. Come on its people you dealing with... have social skills! you got it in the game right!

what WILL calm every one down an OFFICAL APOLOGY stating that you guys were wrong for that happen but it seems that bioW has too much pride to deal with people.... they just see you as Money. hence, the founder medal and title for staying sub.

Edited by fadester

I wasn't sure how to describe my issues with the game, but your website provided a perfect segue.

Here's the crux of my problem:

CHARACTER CHOICES IMPACT THE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE THROUGH STORY LINES, ABILITIES, COMPANIONS AND QUESTS. WE INVITE YOU TO TRY SOME DIFFERENT CLASSES, AND SEE IF PERHAPS A CHANGE OF CHARACTER CAN OPTIMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE GAME.

Character choices don't have any impact at all. The only impact your choices have are on your Light/Dark meter. My choices don't matter; all of the quests end in the same way regardless. NPCs don't remember who I am. The world doesn't change.

This is the issue with the game. It's missing features that are all but standard on MMOs today, and lacks any sort of polish or refinement, yet all we hear from you guys is that the game is revolutionary, ground-breaking, paradigm-shifting wonderfulness that will make us forget about every other MMO. Instead, I find myself pining ever moreso for WoW or Rift.

Your responses to major issues (Ilum in v1.1, ability delay, PvP brackets, dungeon finder, performance issues, et. al.) have been nothing more than deflection in most cases. "We're investigating it" isn't a valid response when a huge number of players are experiencing major performance problems on machines that would be able to run any current game at max settings. It still isn't a valid response when your customers are saying that the UI is clunky and lacks needed options (Scaling, ability to move windows/bars). And it's definitely not a response when people complain that the lack of level brackets in PvP makes queueing for Warzones all but pointless for people below level 50.

These responses weren't valid when the same team (Rich Vogel, others) were feeding us the same lines in SWG and EQ1. They aren't valid today. All of these issues should have been evaluated and changes made PRIOR to release. Instead, players received a game that feels rushed and incomplete.

Releasing an incomplete game may have been acceptable in the past, but certainly not today. Unlike years past, your potential customers now have a wide variety of choices in the MMO genre. Pulling players away from WoW requires polished, well-tuned content that exudes creativity and inspiration. What we get with SW:TOR feels bland, uninspired, and rushed.

I recall one of the things that stuck out for me: In the Black Talon flashpoint (the first FP that any Empire player will encounter), there's a sequence that plays out as you zone in. Your shuttle takes off from a docking bay, and docks with another ship. When your shuttle takes off, the "door" object that you click to zone in remains in place, and stays behind until the scene cuts to your ship in space. After the cut, your shuttle seems to have already docked with the other ship.. but then another shuttle appears and stops in the same place. Two shuttles. Considering that this is the first flashpoint that Empire players will see, you'd think that these minor details would have been fixed prior to release. But they weren't.

This is what is wrong with this game. You can tell your players over and over that they're playing the greatest game ever, and some of them may believe it, but the great majority will feel alienated because they know that it simply isn't true.

Your players aren't stupid. Stop treating them like they are.

I concur completely, one thing that I'm still confused by is what exactly was going on during this "testing" that was suppossedly taking place yesterday?

There's a lot of reasons alone that are enough to make me want to quit:

1. Tha ability delay

2. The graphics no AA no upscaling draw distance the TEXTURES.

3. The PVP

4. The bugs

5. The recent 1.1 and BioWares reaction to it

I could go on and on, and like I said any one of thses reasons is enough, but stacked on top of each other...come on.

Edited by United_Strafes

I did, also enjoy finding people for instances with less of a playerbase.

/sigh @ failed logic.

Edited by Zezel

I imagine you wouldn't be quite as thrilled about the prospect of logging in if you were one of those Republic players stuck on Ilum right now.

I imagine you wouldn't be quite as thrilled about the prospect of logging in if you were one of those Republic players stuck on Ilum right now.

Anyone smart would know not to log out in an open world pvp zone. Besides, patch tomorrow to fix it FYI....

Ah, so THIS is why it took so long to get us a response to the whole Ilum debacle.

I had the same feeling, in those 8 hours they slapped this together. But ah well normally this could not be true, since generally alot of planning goes into these things. The timing still is uhm.. lets call it .... up :(

could you imagine what swg would have been like if they would have invested that money into it?

No better. SoE invented poor service. They just did it when they were essentially the only game in town as Verant, and could do as they pleased because there was nowhere else to go.

Frankly, I think if EA had given Bioware a sufficient customer relations budget to actually address issues on the forums in a timely basis, this wouldn't be happening.

by the time they catch up, it's going to be far too late.

Wow, how pathetic. You want me to resubscribe, take out sharding, give us UI customization and fix the bugs and I will come back, I don't give a crap about stupid pointless titles. Edited by SWGVet