Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing multiplayer games since the 1970's. Nothing ever works right the first time they patch it- except in the rare and happy case. It's always the same, too. I've seen the complaints bandied about today on the forum for every MMO I ever played. I've seen it on the mailing lists for MUDs and MUSH games. I've seen it on the snail-mail digest of play-by-mail games. I've heard people say it verbally in my physical presence about a game we played which didn't have any player-to-player communication because it was 1979.

New content breaks things. Developers will always be accused of not listening. Game design staff will always be told they should fix bugs before releasing new content, but at the same time will be told they're idiots for delaying new content.

Some users will never be happy. They cannot be pleased; it is an impossibility to do so. A good game company will simply listen to them, nod their heads and smile, and carry on.

Now, the rest of us who understand that stuff happens will chuckle, pick up the mouse and adapt to the circumstances and play for as long as the game continues to deliver entertaiment commensurate with its price.

Nice advice thank you.

Since the game stopped delivering entertainment to me after patch 1.1 and it really didn't deliver all that much with the lack of so many vital MMO features, I'll put my subscription on a hold and wait until things get better.

There is no reason to pay a subscription for a broken game (for those who consider the games as it is to be broken, of course.)

So for all players that are sharing this same feeling, or think you need to help improve the game by showing to BW you don't enjoy the way things are taking shape, cancel your subscription. Bioware will notice it, they will read your cancel justification and will try to improve this awesome-to-be game. It helps the game improve a lot more than coming to forums and saying you are "okay" with the problems.

You don't have to feel "okay". You deserve the best, always. You are paying for it and that's how real consumers communicate with companies: by slapping them where it hurts, and not with love letters.

So let me get this straight.

You say you want to reward people for "for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time", and to get this "reward" people have to pay after they have already purchased the game?

You want people to pay MORE just to get a fancy title when they have already paid to begin with? So what were all purchases of the initial game and time? Just expendable resources to you?

beta testing

Complete one of the following transactions by March 19th, 2012 (12:01AM EST; Pacific: March 18th, 9:01PM PST; European: 4:01AM GMT, 5:01AM CET):

Billed at least once for an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription

Redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Time Code

Up to March 2012 for founders medal.

I'm enjoying the game and will be continuing to subscribe but I have to say this seems like an incredibly desperate attempt by BioWare to get people to stay.

I think this was a poor idea on BioWare's part. Even if it's not a desperate attempt to get people to keep playing that's how people are going to see it. It's the sort of thing that's more likely to drive people away from the game then to it because it's going to seem like BioWare is acknowledging that the game isn't very good and is trying to bribe people to play.

What would have been a better way to keep people playing is if BioWare communicated more about what their plans for the game were. If they made a detailed post about what the legacy system would include, told us about their plans for upcoming Operations and Events, told us about their plans for space combat, let us know their decision of SGRA and maybe teased a new companion then people may be interested enough in the future of the game to keep playing.

Yep they have removed the ability to cancel subscriptions.

I was forced to call them, talk to a series of incompetent idiots who I had to repeat the spelling of my last name 5 times to, and then get put on hold 5 times while being transferred twice. They then tell me that "They are unable to process the unsubscribe at the present time, and must file a ticket to their superiors", which would have obviously been resolved after being billed tomorrow. So when I got angry about that, THEN they were able to process the unsubscription immediately. I don't think I've been more disgusted with an MMO experience in my life.

I was forced to call them, talk to a series of incompetent idiots who I had to repeat the spelling of my last name 5 times to, and then get put on hold 5 times while being transferred twice. They then tell me that "They are unable to process the unsubscribe at the present time, and must file a ticket to their superiors", which would have obviously been resolved after being billed tomorrow. So when I got angry about that, THEN they were able to process the unsubscription immediately. I don't think I've been more disgusted with an MMO experience in my life.

Wait EA/ Bioware had bad customer service? This is the first I am hearing of this.

I'm confused. Didn't we already pay you $50+ for the game? Why do we have to be billed to qualify for this?

Yeah founders title sounds like the first 30 days of play time, I find it odd that someone who starts playing in January or February is a Founder not the people with Early Game Access in December.

/shrug

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

And just when you thought they couldnt insult you anymore. Do we get a reward for making SWTOR the fastest shrinking MMO in history? How many shallow players will actually re sub for a trinket? You would think after making such a big thing out of the pre order rewards that are completely useless they would have learned their lesson.