Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

I want to explicitly know what this *********** means before I quit my sub. Otherwise, there's no more point lying/blowing hot air up our asses with this colossal mistake.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an acceptable response, BW.

Petition to include valor gains rollback from today:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1824300#post1824300

Edit: It got to 3 pages, and moderators stepped in and locked the thread.

*stick fingers in ears* LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA

What a complete and utter disaster. My thread addressed the fact that, as per this official response, the ability to grind out Battlemaster status in a single day by camping the spawn point inside the bases is due to a bug, because enemies are supposed to be instantly killed there. Well, according to the terms of service, players found to be in violation of the terms of service and user agreement by deliberately abusing bugs can and will have their accounts penalized, including up to closing of their accounts.

Well, in your own words, where is the punishment? Where is the rollback of the bug-exploited valor gains?

You could enter the base before this patch, is the standard procedure for Devs to deny things are actually happening in a last ditch effort to quel the masses?

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

No, No,

You wouldn't have to reduce the population if you made any incentives for people NOT to cluster up around ONE area. Also are you really thinking about the future? Instead of camping the respawn, they will move 20 meters down the path and camp there.

Nope, what will happen is instead of 90vs10 it will be what, 45vs5? You're still not looking at the bigger picture, despite years of planning, pre-release hiccups and endless posts from the community about what you can do to sort it.

It's almost as if (Take the hit on the chin) you're coming up with the first most obvious "fix" without looking at the future or at the issue at hand.

If you're going to go as far as lower the pop cap, then limit the pop cap per faction or a ratio based on the lowest pop in the area. Phase the BG (Not all of Ilum) to allow this.

This will mean there will ALWAYS be enough people on both sides to make it a fair fight, however I don't get paid to sort out what you'll do with people who are not allowed to enter because it's full, oh wait yeah I'll throw this one in for free.

The objectives you have already? Make it so that you don't need opposing players to "win trade" and let the unlucky few stuck outside an active world warzone loot objectives (not destroy, loot) so they can finish it.

Everyone wins, not just the over populated one, you will make a lot more people happy and then can concentrate less on rushing out half ***** temporary fixes.

Next time you think of idea get a think-tank team going and think of all the possible reasons why it doesn't work. I don't work in the industry, but I've already found multiple errors in the future fixes a split second after I read your statement.

PS, the lie was obvious when another developer already stated people exploiting the valor system via ...*Can't Mention it* is happening.

Edited by ChrisJSY

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

"Hi this is my god awful attempt at making it sound like were actually doing something."

Sorry buddy, rollback or nothing.

If you guys are okay with general population caps, why aren't you okay with faction-based population caps?

For example, let's say the cap for each instant of Ilum will be 80 tomorrow. Why can't Bioware make it so the cap is instead 40 Empire and 40 Republic and not just 80 overall?

It would lead to some Empire occasionally being stuck in an instance with no Republic, but surely that's better than the current situation where one faction mindlessly zergs another faction down and no one has any real, competitive fun.

Edited by GeLopez

I really can't believe Bioware. I've been waiting for this game for over 3 years... But the decisions Bioware has been making is ridiculous. I really don't know who is making the calls but they are destroying this game.. It's so many things I could go on about... but this is unacceptable. Bioware is spitting in the face of everyone who has grinded and put so much time and effort into hitting Battle Master by not rolling back the servers.. Good job in rewarding the exploiters. Between this and not giving us server forums ( to HELP EXPAND and bring together our communities.. but your giving us SUB FORUMS which is an insult thinking thats addressing the real issue..) is making me really consider leaving this game. People are dealing with the bugs (which all mmos have which is understandable) but Bioware is killing themselves by their decision making.. things that can easily be avoided.. but you guys continue to make decisions to upset majority of your customers which is working backwards.. Not smart management by Bioware which is going to destroy the fastest growing MMO in history with their decisions.. People have left WoW for this game and the calls made by management is showing you guys don't appreciate the customers. I've brought so many people to this game and now beginning to regret it. The disappointment rises with each Bioware decision. Edited by Aniliss

so you got one big grp vs another big grp and Warriors who can only do 1 ranged move every 30 seconds are really falling behind on the valor grind. Weather you are in a grp or not you only get valor if you hit the target before it dies. So while every other class but a warrior has some kind of range attack that can be spamed warriors are stuck still trying to grind on war zones. Because with or with out lag it is impossible for a warrior to get any decent amount of valor from illum even if you jump in hit an aoe burn all tank cd's while trying to run out your going to die. So I watched my assassin friend because he has a ranged attack get almost 4k honor while I was able to get about 300. Please tell me how this is even close to fair.

And yes I understand that I could roll another class... but I shouldn't be be punished because I like to melee pvp. To that end I'm going to watch my friends hit rank 60 with in the next day while i'll be stuck grinding for another week.

If you want to do the right thing then rollback the valor they gained today by pushing out this patch. What in the world were you thinking of pushing something like this out? This isn't fair to the other faction that was greatly reduced today. Make it fair!

You were warned!

Bioware and EA games, listen up!!

You were warned WEEKS before this happen that what you intended would not work. You have your eyes based on that there is a somewhat equal balance on faction member on each server.

There is more server that have unbalance than there is balance so the plan you had... JUSt...DONT...WORK!!!

So now you are going to try and balance the amount of players in Ilum....

Next your idea is going to be to cap a certain faction with a certain amount of players so that the other team will stand a chanse.

Or... you will give the team with least amount of players a buff that will make it impossible to kill them...

Those of us who gone through the Wrath of the Lich Kind expansion have heard this over and over again. Wintergrasp. The effort of Blizzard to balance an open world pvp area.

It failed misrably.

You can not (and I said again NOT) expect a server to be 50/50 with rep/empire. There is no such place.

So your measures is going to cause agony to one faction or another, the stronger faction on that server is going to suffer and you are going to make people have to stand in line for their open world pvp. That is a monumental fail cause PvP'er as well as others do not like to sit around and wait on a planet to get their chanse to get the weekly PvP quests done, nor the daily either for that matter.

You will have to find a solution that is best for all parties, both the weaker faction as well as the stronger and NO-ONE is to be locked out of an OPEN WORLD PVP. Or you might as well just call is CLOSED.

Shape up and get a grip and stop with the half measures!!!

Hi everyone,

There are too many players who exploited the turret bug (which allowed spawn camping) to ban them all. What do you plan to do, ban 10% of your subscribers? I don't think so.

Everyone should recognize this for what it is, an empty threat. At most, a few players will be banned (as token sacrifices to make it look like BioWare followed through on this promise to take action) a few more will be suspended, and nothing will change. A week later the suspended accounts will be back, and nothing will have changed.

-Macheath.

1) This is a new MMO, there will be bugs from untested content, and prompt fixes and balances put in place...the same happened in vanilla for WoW

2) All the players crying about rollbacks and valor gains...quit crying. 18 hours of Ilum will boost valor levels, but it's getting fixed. Your crown of being a "legit" battlemaster means absolutely nothing when your actually pvp'ing

3) This sense of entitlement that the majority of the complainers in this thread are exhibiting is ridiculous. Where do you get off thinking that your silly threat to unsub, or the bashing of BioWare means anything? It's an empty threat, and if you actually unsub from a game because of a simple bug that has been addressed and in motion for patching within 12 hours of it being discovered...you need to grow up.

Yes I've been frustrated with EV regular and hardmode bugs, but I got over it and waited for the patch. It's ONE MONTH from release and there is already new content...grow up...enjoy the game. Stop sitting in the imperial fleet with your black core lightsaber and title, jumping on the mailbox attempting to impress virtual acquaintances.

GJ BioWare. Mistakes are always made and you have a bad position because there will ALWAYS be people that are unhappy. This game is what I've waited years for, and the rest of you should be more appreciative.

You have a real messed up sense of reality.

I'm an imperial and on my server we were completely wrecking the Republic all day in illum.

That being said i completely agree with a rollback, however BW is now damned if they do, and damned if they dont. Everyone crying for a rollback and cancelling will be the same as All the people cancelling because they DID do a rollback.

In short, there will not be a rollback.

Hi everyone,

Oh.

Still speachless though.

"We will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary" sounds like generic GM crap to me. Massive screw up was massive, now it is time to prove you care about making it right!

Let's play a game of "Who didn't read the first post and thinks there's no rollback or repercussions coming to those who exploited" shall we?

I'm willing to bet the next 10 or so posts beneath this one are gonna be about no rollback :)

Let's weed out those that read and those that like to complain ^_^ it will be fun, I promise :p lol

'We're looking into certain individuals' doesn't do it for me. /shrug

Hi everyone,

JUST LIKE YOU ONLY GAVE THE CREDIT EXPLOITERS 7 days and KEEP THEIR ILL GOTEN CREDIT ??????????

LOST ALL FAITH IN YOU *******

Edited by Trineda
removed swearing