Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Star Wars: The Old Empire, bc you clealy favor the Empire. And after this they'll probably be the only ones left.

Most Sith are now geared in Battlemaster. Now there is a 50 bracket. I have been grinding PvP daily/weekly's for about 2-3 weeks now. I'm at 35 valor. All Sith are now at 60 valor and can choose which pieces to get. In the meatime I'm still getting the same helmet token over and over in my champ bag.

I am a jedi sentinel. I will now be stunlocked to death by battlemaster inquisitors and assassin's.

FUN!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They cannot do a roll back because not everyone did just Illum,think about the people that did WZ's do they deserve a rollback?

This is why they needed to take down the servers 6-8 hours ago when the scope of the problem was abundantly clear. Instead, they waited so long that the collateral damage of a rollback would be pretty high.

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

On Fatman, 20 Reps were fighting on Ilum and the instance was full. Consequently, none of the Reps in another instance could switch, while we faced around 100 Imps.

I very much hope this population cap will have set values for each faction. We shouldn't be in a situation where we can't call Rep reinforcements because the Imps take up all the allowed instance slots. Also, improving performance should be your highest priority. 7 fps is unplayable.

correction tons of players farming valor killed SWTOR on 01/18/2012.

don't blame bioware for the miss use of a faulty system! in fact now its official there is a bug and all the players still farming as of now are in risk of losing there account so yea gogo imps guess we see you with a new account soon.

rules of conduct clearly state that you can't use exploits or faulty system mech..

man i really wish bioware is gonna use a big ban-hammer. we don't need players that willingly use exploit the game anyways.

Thank you for posting this. It needed to be said!!

People are letting rumors get way out of hand. No one made it to Valor level 100 in 2 hours today. The turrets didn't give Valor.

A lot of rumors. I saw a lot of videos of Empire camping Republic spawn points. I haven't seen ANY screenshots or proof from the Empire that they were gaining 200/valor a minute or whatnot. None.

If you unsubscribe over rumors like this because of "no rollback" I have a bridge in Arizona you can buy.

A rollback would have hurt EVERYONE. They would have lost A LOT of subscribers for a rollback. Now there are just the people that unsubscribe on a whim because of unsubstantiated rumors.

People just want to complain, Ignore them, let them quit, and Enjoy the game while they miss out on it when all the problems get fixed. We won't miss them :)

No Valor Rollback? Goodbye Republic PvP community. Glad I canceled my subscription, my suspicions have been confirmed - Bioware outright favors Empire.

If there was a republic pvp community this wouldnt have happened in the first place. Just saying.

DO a *********** rollback and close ILUM FOREVER.

Nobody cares about PVP in ILUM

People only traded objetives to get their gear

Now People abuse of faction imbalance to farm valor

Ilum its and it will be always BROKEN.

If i want to have good battles i go to WZ, not a *********** broken zone.

Did you all not see this?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

They will be banning people. ****.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

ALL valor from today needs to be rolled-back. Simple as that. Regardless of if someone meant to exploit, or not, it was TOO easy to level your valor today.

I propose every single person who is unhappy with BioWare's response to this Ilum exploit issue unsubscribe from TOR. Not because you plan to leave the game forever, but rather as a demonstration of our displeasure at the lack of appropriate response to this issue.

Hit BioWare where it hurts, the pocket book. If enough people "go on strike" from TOR, as it were, BioWare will have no choice but to properly and adequately address the exploits we've seen today, and roll back all valor gains from Ilum post 1.1 patch.

I'm not usually one for such radical action, but what BioWare has done today (or more concisely, failed to do) warrants such action, to ensure BioWare knows full well just how inadequate their response has been.

-Macheath.

People just want to complain, Ignore them, let them quit, and Enjoy the game while they miss out on it when all the problems get fixed. We won't miss them :)

yea, enjoy playing alone and paying a sub to play a singleplayer game

Edited by Shortcake

Hi everyone,

Either you are rolling back the servers to valor levels before the patch - or you are not.

If you are not, I am done.

Hi everyone,

Pop this into op! LOL Nobody is going to read that post in a forum going this fast.

On Fatman, 20 Reps were fighting on Ilum and the instance was full. Consequently, none of the Reps in another instance could switch, while we faced around 100 Imps.

I very much hope this population cap will have set values for each faction. We shouldn't be in a situation where we can't call Rep reinforcements because the Imps take up all the allowed instance slots. Also, improving performance should be your highest priority. 7 fps is unplayable.

They'll probably figure that out AFTER they implement the cap and no Reps can get in lol.

Hi everyone,

Hate to say it, but you might want to roll back the servers and just disable the ability to get to Ilum until you can sort this out.

Why would they roll back the valor? It sounds like some people got increased valor from camping the spawn points but it won't add up to more than a couple levels.

I'm sorry, but the vast majority of you are completely overreacting. Stop being angry about things that didn't happen, and bioware's refusal to roll back servers based on those things that didn't happen.

Sheesh

Get over the roll back. It would screw everyone else who did anything other than troll Ilum.

Valor isn't a huge issue, this might have fast forwarded people by a week but in no way has broken the game.

OHNOES!

We will all have 60+ Valor soon enough.

dont you think those people would gladly do it if it saves the game?

.. wow. It's a good thing I don't care for PvP.

But yeah, Bioware, you REALLY need to rethink how this all works, cos it's flat-up busted now. And all those players who play MMO's JUST for PvP? they're going back to battlefield 2 and medal of honor after this... and you're out their sub fees.

This may well be the "NGE" of SWTOR... and only a month in, too. Ooops.

battlefield 2 and medal of honor?

man have you been living in a cave?