Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Anyone who thinks this was an "exploit" has no clue what they are talking about.

You can still base camp either faction right now. Set up an operation on either side of their base. It's actually going on as we speak.

Guess what.. if there are lots of people in Illum, people are going to get LOTS of valor. You can get up to 200 per kill. If an op of 32 wipes out an op of 32, thats over 6K exp right there in ONE battle regardless of where the battle happened.

People who did the Warzone grind are just pissed that others are getting it faster. It's in no way an exploit. The spawn camping is questionable, but its just griefing. Don't blame the players because Bioware didn't put in diminishing returns (I think they actually have timers on kills though anyway?).

If there are tons of people in illum, its going to be way better valor than Warzones. You don't get commendations though, so it balances out. I'd be happy as hell if they added commendations to Illum as well.

I'm sure we'd hear the same whining though.

FYI, I gained 5 valor levels in Illum since patch was released. 2.5 were from base camping. 2.5 were form roaming with an op.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ilum = Warzone Planet.

Ilum is in no way, shape, or form Open World PVP.

Agreed. There is no open world pvp, nor any reason to participate it in it if there were. Players need to give experience, commendations, and valor when killed.

I have toons on 2 different pvp servers, and the only world pvp I see are level 50's rolling around Tatooine and Alderaan looking for level 30's to gank. It's pretty sad coming from other MMO's with pvp, this game lacks world pvp, hell even Tabula Rasa with the broken pvp system (which was added -1 day of release) had more pvp. I don't consider Ilum open world, it's another warzone since it's a pvp zone even on pve servers, and now after BW fixed the spawn bases with immune turrets, people are standing in the middle trading kills, I'll stick to warzones, thanks.

On my server there is a guild called Ruinous. They have a large number of players that have already maxed out their pvp gear. I avoid warzones now at all costs as 1 ruinous player can take on 3 players of the same level without any aid and win! As of now, PVP is extremely unbalanced and without rollbacks people will leave in droves due to frustration and disappointment.

Can we just turn of Ilum now? At least the PvP part of it. I've now see videos of groups or Imp and Republic getting together in the middle and taking it in turns to nuke each other. Rinsing and repeating.

So almost as bad as when the Imps were camping the Republic med droid.

On my server there is a guild called Ruinous. They have a large number of players that have already maxed out their pvp gear. I avoid warzones now at all costs as 1 ruinous player can take on 3 players of the same level without any aid and win! As of now, PVP is extremely unbalanced and without rollbacks people will leave in droves due to frustration and disappointment.

Saw a YouTube video of people with that guild tag mass kill trading in illum

I unsubbed and obviously not alone. People have already left and these 299 pages are a hint as to why. Enough is enough.

-Gratus

I don't understand why its so hard for Bioware to go into their little character database and filter out those that gained a bunch of valor lvls in one day. and push them back down to 30 or something....

Well I'm currently typing up the names of every unskilled Imperial who camped the Republic on the Twin Spears server for over 2 hours (until I managed to get out after learning if you que and afk in a warzone you are put on the fleet...) and I've got 81 Imperials listed plus I'll be submitting a video of the entire thing with their names clearly visible. I wonder if they'll actually do anything about the exploiters now that I've done their work for them.

Wow, I'm kind of glad I've taken it slow and I'm only level 31 and have no clue what Ilum even is.. you guys seem mad.

I think this says it all....i have been taking my time with the game and rolled almost every toon to level 10+. I have been enjoying the game slowly and taking my time. I understand that an issue of this magnitude is big and needs to be addressed. However, everyone needs to realize that this is the first MMO for BioWare and things like this happen. This still continues to this day in another MMO that is really popular....people need to calm down and realize there is more to the game than PvP.

I'll just say a quick word to all arrogant ppl with childish behavior , Bring urselves back to the days Lineage and WoW came out how things were back then and how much downtime servers had ... Wake up its a new Mmo that gives you everything that other mmo's offered you in 5-6 years . Quit QQing and enjoy the game

Bioware does great RPG, but they clearly didn't know how to make PVP. Drastic surgery is required.

1. Eliminate all current PVP across all servers and roll back everything 100 percent

2. Vaporize Ilum and the Warzones - you can say the Mass Generator from Malachor V did it

3. Announce you will go back to the drawing board and, in six months, roll out a brand new PVP system which will include Shadowbane-style worlds which the factions fight over. Oh, and it will include a third Hutt-Neutral Faction

4. In the meantime, urge everyone to enjoy the PVE and RP storyline

The current PVP systems are too broken conceptually to fix them. It is like replacing the horseshoes when the problem is the horse has a goat's head for a head and its backside is the back end of a turtle.

Wipe, obliterate, destroy. Yes, a bunch of people will leave. But many more will take hope. Trying to put a band-aid on things to appease the exploiters who profit from the current chaos will doom you in the long run.

Edited by Elxaime

I think this says it all....i have been taking my time with the game and rolled almost every toon to level 10+. I have been enjoying the game slowly and taking my time. I understand that an issue of this magnitude is big and needs to be addressed. However, everyone needs to realize that this is the first MMO for BioWare and things like this happen. This still continues to this day in another MMO that is really popular....people need to calm down and realize there is more to the game than PvP.

No, all they had to do was look at other popular MMO's to see how it is done.

There is absolutely way to much crying going on, is it because SWTOR pulled from the Halo/MW3 community or something, **** if ur angry that your spawn is getting camped then that's your fault...MMO's are 24/7.....well more like 24/6 and a 18/1 with weekly maint. either come back when there aren't a bunch of people, or better yet don't be such a fail player with a fail guild, IDC if 1 faction out numbers another, you picked that faction deal with or make a new character on the other faction....I went from having my main on the Imp's to making a Char as a Rep because the majority of Rep(except of The Crucible Pit) is trash when it comes to PvP so being an Imp makes PvP WAY TO EASY. I'm not saying there aren't good Rep Players out there but all in all they don't unify. Which is funny because in SW lore that the major fail of the Sith Empire through out their time. Back to Illum problems I think the need to get rid of the screen updates because they happen way too much or at least give the ability to turn it off, I have tried all fly text options and they aren't any of them. Take out the instancing on Illum, if you feel like unsubing then go ahead you have that right, but stop crying because your butthurts from being stomped on the trash toon you have spent days leveling or go play so MW3 on a console or Halo they have Autoaim on that so it's easy to be good

There is absolutely way to much crying going on, is it because SWTOR pulled from the Halo/MW3 community or something, **** if ur angry that your spawn is getting camped then that's your fault...MMO's are 24/7.....well more like 24/6 and a 18/1 with weekly maint. either come back when there aren't a bunch of people, or better yet don't be such a fail player with a fail guild, IDC if 1 faction out numbers another, you picked that faction deal with or make a new character on the other faction....I went from having my main on the Imp's to making a Char as a Rep because the majority of Rep(except of The Crucible Pit) is trash when it comes to PvP so being an Imp makes PvP WAY TO EASY. I'm not saying there aren't good Rep Players out there but all in all they don't unify. Which is funny because in SW lore that the major fail of the Sith Empire through out their time. Back to Illum problems I think the need to get rid of the screen updates because they happen way too much or at least give the ability to turn it off, I have tried all fly text options and they aren't any of them. Take out the instancing on Illum, if you feel like unsubing then go ahead you have that right, but stop crying because your butthurts from being stomped on the trash toon you have spent days leveling or go play so MW3 on a console or Halo they have Autoaim on that so it's easy to be good

Why dont you just erase everthing you just typed and sum it all up with "I dnt haev any knolege of gramer, butt yuz gies all suk @ lif cuz iam teh *******"

Why should they take away the screen loading stuff?? Your so uber you should be able to fight without even having to look at the screen... With your epic self..

Edited by Smokey_swtor