The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Many ppl were telling that imbalance will kill game. But Bio did nothing. They even make Imp chars a little better (like Sorc elemental dmg while same Republic has kinet) They could give Republic some boost (like +10% to valor and exp) they could close making new Imp chars while Republic would be open.

But no they didnt - and now in most improtant moment everything crashed - we know it. But Bio didnt listen - so they wont get our money - but im sure they will still think that they are smart.

I started a very big civil discussion on the matter. I said it was going to be a REAL big problem. They didn't even have a contingency lined up "just in case" those "crazy" mmo players might actually knew what they were talking about....

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, they wanted you to quit nuff said....

People gotta give them a break I just can't believe how bad the community in this game is I've never seen anything like it even Wow isn't this bad these forums are nothing but a cesspool of hate and filth....

Did they want to have a bunch of Battlemaster's in a day?

Did they want to have a bunch of Republic getting farmed at their steps.

The community of this game isn't bad. Nice ninja edit on your post. The game has taken steps BACKWARD, they have BROKEN PvP.

Way to stick up for a company who can't even post that the game HAD a problem. It was a potential one. Than we get a teaser update and nothing for 4+ hours.

Fanboys are funny.

Maybe they just want to get it right for once? If it takes longer to come up with a better solution then I'm all for it. That's given that it's better....

I am all for them taking time if it produces a better solution - I was only pointing out that the meaningful/formal response seems a bit overdue. I want TOR to succeed, and i am a self-professed BW fanboy. Don't mistake my frustration about seeing this in the kotaku news before seeing a formal response on devtracker as anything other than that; frustration. I certainly am pulling for BW and the success of this game.

Edited by DralenBrand

this is simply not a feasible scenario on a lot of servers, especially PvP servers (I am assuming you are not playing on a PvP server. you are definitely not playing on a EU PvP server, though). The faction imbalance is so great Republic players do really not stand a fighting chance. None.

It's easy for you to say that, enjoying the free ride you re getting in one of the most faction biased mainstream games to ever be released.

you have too much chest hair for Empire'? go reroll republic and impress us!

and that old back back in the day knockout argument?

I DO remember back in the day.. We didn't have shoes. We went barefoot. In the winter we had to wrap our feet with barbed wire for traction.

Overall, extremely disappointed. The whole back in the day.... in an mmo.... lmao.... what 10 years ago kiddo?

Anyway, I really expected more from a company such as bioware. So many already leaving the game in its first month.

The race is on, lets see if this game dies faster than AoC? It is surely headed that way and the sad fact is, it really never needed too. It's actually a very nice game, just extremely poorly managed at this time. And that to me is fairly shocking and disappointing in Bioware, but hey.... they got their money. We all bought it, now on to the next project.

You need to take the servers down, asap and roll this **** back before it gets too late.

Lot of my friends have already said they are cancelling thier sub becasue of this, most of which - including me have grinded battlemaster rank and this is on BOTH sides.

To have people get their in 3 hours or so is just insulting tbh.

Until you can come up with some way to make Ilum fairer with the faction imbalance, reinstate the war effort daily.

While i havn't cancelled my sub, i've taken it down to 1 month instead of the 6 months i had.

I'm not even going to get into the advantage range have over melee on ilum right now...

roll backs will cause even more rage they will never do it

that's just another symptom with the heavily lopsided faction balance.

There are SO MANY Empire players, enjoying the free ride to effortless gear right now, there is just no way Bioware can do the right thing.

same reason they are working hard on multiple new same-faction WZ's.

It's end of days for Republic players. It's not too late to reroll now, just give them what they want, don't punish yourselves for no good reason.

I play on Warriors of the Shadow as Republic.

The changes made to the battle of ilum daily and weekly have successfully forced combat between the two factions. But in the case of my server, where the republic is outnumbered 3 to 1 or more, ilum has turned into a ceaseless onslaught that knows no bounds. The two automated cannons by the medical station will slowly pick off one or two imps at a time and let the wave of fury overtake the base.

This almost sounds fun right? oh, i forgot to mention that i get zero to a maximum of 7 frames a second during the chaos. And before the wannabe hardware nerds interject with, "get more ram, or a new cpu, or a new graphics card brah" i assure you that my computer can handle anything that is thrown at it, i built it for gaming. But as 200 people swarm in the heat of battle on ilum (while about 30 of which are republic) the client holds on desperately one frame at a time.

Bioware, i appreciate your effort to ensure the PVP mechanics on ilum are working as intended. But you just broke ilum. I am not okay with bearing through it and spending a half an hour or more grinding out this quest if it means watching a TOR slideshow.

Why cant your client handle massive engagements? Why, when this is just about the only MMO styled aspect of the game, can the game not deliver? It blows my mind.

I'm very disappointed, and frankly not quite sure what to do with this game anymore.

+1 for real

This is just a major screw up. Roll back the servers. This needs to be fixed now.

Roll Back won't happen, EVER. If it would, it would screw up Bioware more.

People are simply hysterical. Sure they screwed up but cancelling subscription and saying TOR is going to die due to this is simply moronic.

On my sever we have like 50-95 Empire vs 30-60 Republic.

Edited by Cyphen

Roll Back won't happen, EVER. If it would, it would screw up Bioware more.

People are simply hysterical. Sure they screwed up but cancelling subscription and saying TOR is going to die due to this is simply moronic.

^ Someone who gained major valor ranks today

/translate complete

160,000 + views.

Seriously, do something BW. Right now, based on the yellow text, it would seem as though you're having a meeting to determine the exact wording of your reply.

I don't care what your reply is, not one bit. JUST DO SOMETHING.

Does it really take 8+ hours to formulate a politically correct response to this threadnaught? Or to determine what the best course of action would be?

Because most of the posters here seem to have a pretty good idea of what has to be done, and it took them an average of about 15 seconds to formulate and type.

What in the name of God is there to be discussed?

Roll it back, close Ilum until this is hotfixed. The longer you wait, the harder it's going to be... unless you're seriously considering allowing this to stand, in which case you have signed your own death warrant.

Eagerly awaiting the yellow devtext indicating that they are working on..... a response. /facepalm

Nuff said..

If you do want to fix illum and still have your 1.1 then instance it at a high number max like 100 or 200 or do less whatever just instance it and the side are even no matter how bad the imbalance. It would go from a planet to a persistant warzone. or something. Oh and pay me the money you paid the other guy that failed. A month's worth.

I don't care.. I canceled this game was still in beta anyway.

Edited by judahstarguy

roll backs will cause even more rage they will never do it

sadly i have to agree if it had been implemented within the first 2 hours of noticing the problem then it wouldn't be an issue now ppl have been farming for hours, they have their new gear titles etc. it will be too much to take away.

very very sad, more positive decision making could have sorted this cluster f*** up.

News flash people: turrets dont give valor (if they ever dis this morning, they stealth fixed it) and i wiped 40 imperials on our turrets single handedly.

No, the problem is that the imps are gaining valor at an incredible rate on almost every pvp server. The republic will be dead after today. This ranks as one of the worst patches ever. Bioware take down the servers and fix this disaster.