Your mission log is FULL!

Fodiddle

..And you cannot delete all those wonderful missions you picked up along the way and are now grey.

The patch notes stated this was in and fixed. Guess what Doctors?..it's still not in.

Do you folks comprehend how crippling this to the player? Especially as you work your way to higher levels?

When is this going to be addressed?

Thx.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'm alone on this..

This is so frustrating dealing with something this small and stupid..and yet it's been this way for months.

From my end(paying customer)it feels as is Bioware is run by people who couldn't run a taco bell.

I have had the same issue for weeks, had 14 grey quests that could not be abandoned.

I sent in many tickets and got the standard reply.

Apparently you can not delete storyline quests for planets. So at 50, 2 days ago went and completed all except maybe 2 within a few hours.

Now I have room in my quest log and no more getting irritated.

Sorry but that seems to be the fix atm.

I was very, very lucky that as soon as I got to 50, I had just about accrued 20 "undroppable" quests. If I had had anymore then it would've been a disaster when leveling or doing anything quest related at all.

As of now, when I do Ilum it places 5 quests in your log automatically (who knows why), and it puts me over the limit, to about 28/25. So when I leave Ilum I need to drop all 5 just so I can function in other areas of the game.

In a word:

horrendous.

I don't have this issue.. But can't you go back and complete the quests and turn them in? Would take remove them from your quest log?

I contemplated doing this before I saw the patch notes. However, my mission log isn't full so I'm just going to leave them til it's fixed.

If it was full I'd just go back and finish these trivial bonus quests.

I was very, very lucky that as soon as I got to 50, I had just about accrued 20 "undroppable" quests. If I had had anymore then it would've been a disaster when leveling or doing anything quest related at all.

Pro tip, if they are bothering you that much travel to those worlds AND DO THEM. Most bonus series quests are just "go talk to xyz". After you talk with that NPC don't accept his quest and voila, no unwanted quest in your log.

I only had five unwanted quests in my log when I hit 50, including on on Korriban (prove your worth). Lets just say they didn't last long.

Edited by Pyretechnic

Pro tip, if they are bothering you that much travel to those worlds AND DO THEM. Most bonus series quests are just "go talk to xyz". After you talk with that NPC don't accept his quest and voila, no unwanted quest in your log.

I only had five unwanted quests in my log when I hit 50, including on on Korriban (prove your worth). Lets just say they didn't last long.

Are you serious? That's your solution?

Waste my time doing pointless quests for zero reward that make no sense within my EPIC STORY at this point, simply because Bioware is incompetent? THERE IS A REASON I SKIPPED THOSE QUESTS IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY WERE BUGGED, DUMB, OR TOO FAR TO BOTHER WITH.

Now you my friend, are a Bioware apologist.

Waste my time doing pointless quests for zero reward that make no sense within my EPIC STORY at this point, simply because Bioware is incompetent? THERE IS A REASON I SKIPPED THOSE QUESTS IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY WERE BUGGED, DUMB, OR TOO FAR TO BOTHER WITH.

You know in the amount of time you(not just you personally) waste spent complaining on there forums and not recieiving any ingame reward you could have removed most of those quest from your log by now.

Most of the quests are not bugged, they are part of the the storyline for the planet you were doing them on. That is why most of them could not be abandoned.

like I said earlier, I had 14 grey quests in my log for nearly 3 weeks, I finally broke down and completed them 2 days ago in a few hours.

Now I am not so irritated with my quest log.

Edited by Jokael

You know in the amount of time you(not just you personally) waste spent complaining on there forums and not recieiving any ingame reward you could have removed most of those quest from your log by now.

Most of the quests are not bugged, they are part of the the storyline for the planet you were doing them on. That is why most of them could not be abandoned.

like I said earlier, I had 14 grey quests in my log for nearly 3 weeks, I finally broke down and completed them 2 days ago in a few hours.

Now I am not so irritated with my quest log.

Then you are a sucker. I'll take my money and pay a company who creates a game that actually works.

Thank you.

Your advice was astute and extremely helpful.

So when your arguments fail you resort to shouting? No, me my friend, I am a do it yourself kind of guy. I'm not going to wait for bioware if I have a reasonable workaround on my end.

But please, don't mind me and continue your childish rant here.

..And you cannot delete all those wonderful missions you picked up along the way and are now grey.

The patch notes stated this was in and fixed. Guess what Doctors?..it's still not in.

Do you folks comprehend how crippling this to the player? Especially as you work your way to higher levels?

When is this going to be addressed?

Thx.

A worse problem for me is the stupid limitation of 25 active missions.

I would like to keep all discovered missions in case I "want" to do them in order to level up for my class quests.

Or simply because I would like to do them once I have found a group.

So when your arguments fail you resort to shouting? No, me my friend, I am a do it yourself kind of guy. I'm not going to wait for bioware if I have a reasonable workaround on my end.

But please, don't mind me and continue your childish rant here.

We have a legit issue, yet you claim no fault of the developer, and tell us to spend HOURS of our game time fixing the issue on our own.

This may be an OK solution for a fanboy/bioware apologist, but I am neither. I am someone who expects a certain level of game craftsmanship for 15 dollars a month.

This game, it ain't it.

why are you defending something that is broken. btw I'm only posting here when my game is on a load screen. simply put I want to be able to abandon quests I chose not to do. flame me if you want but with the amount of money poured into this game little things like this and the many others should be fixed before going live. I'm not even touching what some consider the "big" issues.

why are you defending something that is broken. btw I'm only posting here when my game is on a load screen. simply put I want to be able to abandon quests I chose not to do. flame me if you want but with the amount of money poured into this game little things like this and the many others should be fixed before going live. I'm not even touching what some consider the "big" issues.

This.

When the fanboys can't even acknowledge when something is legitimately broken... it's pretty sad.

We have a legit issue, yet you claim no fault of the developer, and tell us to spend HOURS of our game time fixing the issue on our own.

This may be an OK solution for a fanboy/bioware apologist, but I am neither. I am someone who expects a certain level of game craftsmanship for 15 dollars a month.

This game, it ain't it.

Yes you have a legit issue, but in no way does it paralyses your game play. I don't comprehend people like you who'll spend hours and waste so much emotion on what, something they can easily fix themselves? Pathetic! I give you an easy way around it and you accuse me of fanboyism.. If it bothers you so much get off your butt and do something about it.

If a small bug in a game makes you vent this way I can't wait until you buy a home. How many calls will you make once a window ceases to open easily. Oh no, applying WD40 to your window is below you.. someone has to fix it for you "nao"