Rakata weapons still useless in 1.1

Hi,

someone told me, that taking rakata mods&enhancement out of any other set part and putting it in the weapon will fix it. Couldn't verify this, as I don't have one atm. It will fix the lvl 126 issue and raise the level to 140 probably, but not sure if it raises the weapons damage, as it should be determined by the included barrel... Anybody wanna give it a try and tell us the results?!

Cheers, Tak

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

someone told me, that taking rakata mods&enhancement out of any other set part and putting it in the weapon will fix it. Couldn't verify this, as I don't have one atm. It will fix the lvl 126 issue and raise the level to 140 probably, but not sure if it raises the weapons damage, as it should be determined by the included barrel... Anybody wanna give it a try and tell us the results?!

Cheers, Tak

No dice. Used a mod out of a spare set of Rakata gloves and stuck it in my Rakata weapon, no change to barrel.

Didn't think it would, but wanted to eliminate it as a possibility.

Its kind of funny I found this thread. I totally agree with what you guys are saying. I was looking through the Rakata gear the other day, in anticipation of running raids to get it. When I saw how close my current set up was to what I could get from the vendor, I was pretty disappointed and wondered why I should work so hard for something not so great.

BUMP. Honestly this is such an easy fix, I really don't see how someone on their lunch break couldn't just correct it out of boredom. Also does this effect offhands? (force focuses, shield generator) because I got a rakata force focus and it only had 16 more force power than my columi force focus and 5 more willpower. Meanwhile when I went from tionese to columi I gained 50 more force power.

BUMP. Honestly this is such an easy fix, I really don't see how someone on their lunch break couldn't just correct it out of boredom. Also does this effect offhands? (force focuses, shield generator) because I got a rakata force focus and it only had 16 more force power than my columi force focus and 5 more willpower. Meanwhile when I went from tionese to columi I gained 50 more force power.

The bug with the Rakata weapons is not that they're only slightly better than Columi - this would mean they were working - but that they're significantly worse. Offhand weapons are affected, but offhand items like a focus or generator are not.

Rakata gear has a rating of 140, only 4 higher than columi gear, which has a rating of 136. The Rakata weapons, by comparsion, have a rating of 126 - 14 lower than they should have, and significantly worse than the columi weapons.

Edited by Surter

Very disappointed. So right now to have the BIS PVE weapon our guild should be farming the end bosses on easy mode and not even bother with the hard modes. Seems fairly contradictory to me. What's funny is that I warned everybody in the guild and until the raid leaders suffered this personally they gave it no concern.

Patch tonight, fix maybe?

Should we hang on to the weapons? When a fix is applied do you feel the weapons already in inventory will be adjusted properly or will have to wait and farm a new mainhand token some day?

This is a really dumb problem that shouldn't be here. How in the world could everybody's favorite item slot slip through cracks of beta testing with such a giant gaffe? And how does it persist without correction or even mention?

Edited by balane

Pretty damn stupid to not fix top end game weapons asap. Bioware, do you know how much effort our raiders go through to get these weapons? I bet more time than it would take you to fix this Rakata weapon error for thousands of players.

Fix it faster, noobs.

pretty much zero effort.