Rakata weapons still useless in 1.1

If you want to help yourselves, do not post absurd comments such as "stop fixing stupid things like companions." The fact is that this issue affects a VERY small portion of the playerbase. What you may consider to be a stupid companion bug affects far more players than Rakata weapons do. It is an issue and needs to be fixed, but don't over-inflate its importance. Continue to post in this thread and respectfully show your support and you will get an answer.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to help yourselves, do not post absurd comments such as "stop fixing stupid things like companions." The fact is that this issue affects a VERY small portion of the playerbase. What you may consider to be a stupid companion bug affects far more players than Rakata weapons do. It is an issue and needs to be fixed, but don't over-inflate its importance. Continue to post in this thread and respectfully show your support and you will get an answer.

Small part of the community or not, progression guilds etc have a very real impact on the game, should they get considered first everytime? of course not.

But this has been around since beta, they have had plenty of time to fix it! And it cant POSSIBLY be that difficult to fix, as they seemed to have plenty of time to add new t1 weapons, which btw they added the t3 crystals in, which means the crystal from t3 weapons arnt even worth it anymore!

I Honestly cant understand how it would be much work to fix the properties of these items, If they don't have a system in place for quickly swapping stats/mods in a item, then its just another sign of theyr incompitense or stupidity.

Edited by Munx

This is one of those things that is going to get progressively worse as people level up, and go through content. Don't leave this to March, just switch out the mods/enhancements and barrels/hilts with the right ones, and move on. Itemization fixes can't be that difficult if you could add stats to existing relics with the previous patch. Now if this is working as intended, which I know it isn't, could you at least tell us why it is working as intended?

You know the majority of this game doesn't play for endgame, its been said before and I'm tired of that saying, its sickening to me know. As someone said earlier that they may not have a PvE focus now but at level cap the story essentially ends, just like for me in WoW after hitting 60 I started gearing for raids because well I realized that I would rather do that then worry about leveling anther toon for a slightly different story...

I am not level 50, I have two level 30s and right now I am thinking about rolling another toon because raiding looks scary to me at this moment that I would rather level then get gear that is pretty much worthless unless I PvP a ton, which I am not going to do...

I agree this should be fixed before March, hear our voice!

Edited by CatioNku

Are people just looking at the item level or has someone actually done the maths?

PvP stuff most likely has a higher level because it has a bigger stat allowance, due to expertise being added on top (which only works vs players). PVP gear set bonuses mainly only work on players as well.

Edited by NasherUK

Are people just looking at the item level or has someone actually done the maths?

PvP stuff most likely has a higher level because it has a bigger stat allowance, due to expertise being added on top (which only works vs players). PVP gear set bonuses mainly only work on players as well.

Look at any of the non-moddable Rakata offhands vs moddable Rakata offhands. The stat difference, and the weapon rating difference in the case of Scattergun and Vibroknife weapons should be all the evidence you need. This is broken, and it is due to them not fixing an easy itemization fix, the same kind of itemization fix they just made by adding stats to endgame relics. This has been brought up on this forum, and the PTS forum repeatedly, and BW seems to just glance over it.

Edited by BountyHuntertwo

Yeah I'm getting pissed at the lack of effort that Bioware is putting in.

I am enjoying looking at the Rakata weapon in my bag while it sits there, rotting away because its worse than gear I can get out of freakin' flashpoints. Really? This is such a simple fix. It could be accomplished in no more than an HOUR of work by ONE person. Hell, the person who is just changing the stats (yes, changing the stats is THAT easy) can go to TORhead.com and copy the damn numbers.

/signed

I have defended and defended you guys at Bioware against WoW fanboys and people who nerdrage at bugged content... now I'm getting a little irritated that this is still going unnoticed. 3% wipe on Soa nightmare... guess what... the boss would've been dead if our rakata weapons were actually useful!

really makes me sad to see patch after patch and no fix for rakata gear...

its such a little fix..... last they fixed so the itemcompare should work from crewskill window but the +/- are turned around... so now it says you gain when you actually lose and vise versa... so when you fix that for next patch plz fix our nice rakata weapons also.... its just numbers :(