Rakata weapons still useless in 1.1

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the issue is not with fixing the stats on the rakata weapons from the vendor, but figuring out how to fairly refund players who have already purchased one.

What would they do? Reset the item to have rakata stats? Then, anyone who put extra mods/enhancements in them would to bring them up to par would lose those. Refund the token? Then everyone would have a second rakata weapon, if not to be used then "free" mods/enhancements/color crystals.

Well, if you were a developer why wouldn't you reply to each and every single one of the QQ threads following a patch? I mean seriously, do you think that would increase or decrease the quantity of such threads? Not acknowledging doesn't mean they're not reading. Better to keep an eye on patch notes than the forums.

Well, if you were a developer why wouldn't you reply to each and every single one of the QQ threads following a patch? I mean seriously, do you think that would increase or decrease the quantity of such threads? Not acknowledging doesn't mean they're not reading. Better to keep an eye on patch notes than the forums.

what they usually do is post a response in one theread, and post in other repeat threads that they should refer to the main one and then they lock the repeat threads. That is really common and basically the use for forum admins

Bioware's quality control for patches and the overall game is absolutely terrible compared to Blizzard. I'll never take what Blizzard was able to achieve for granted in the last 4-5 years of the game.

Apparently you didn't play WoW when it first came out. What a joke that was. Bioware's support and response to bugs in this game is astronomically better than Blizzard's was. The only reason WoW survived is because it took the best features of the other mmo's out at the time and put those all into one package. WoW was an absolute mess of a game when it came out.

Now to the topic at hand. If you think changing Rakata gear stats is on the top of Bioware's priority list then you've lost your mind. They are worried about making the game experience for casual players as bug free as possible before they move on to the hardcore crowd pleasing bug fixes. Like it or not, being a hardcore player means that you have to suffer through a lot annoyances. The reason for this is because for every hardcore player there are at least 2000 casual players. I wouldn't expect to see hardcore quality of life bugs being seriously worked on until the 3-4 month mark of the game. Actual fixes coming in around the 6 month mark.

Apparently you didn't play WoW when it first came out. What a joke that was. Bioware's support and response to bugs in this game is astronomically better than Blizzard's was. The only reason WoW survived is because it took the best features of the other mmo's out at the time and put those all into one package. WoW was an absolute mess of a game when it came out.

Now to the topic at hand. If you think changing Rakata gear stats is on the top of Bioware's priority list then you've lost your mind. They are worried about making the game experience for casual players as bug free as possible before they move on to the hardcore crowd pleasing bug fixes. Like it or not, being a hardcore player means that you have to suffer through a lot annoyances. The reason for this is because for every hardcore player there are at least 2000 casual players. I wouldn't expect to see hardcore quality of life bugs being seriously worked on until the 3-4 month mark of the game. Actual fixes coming in around the 6 month mark.

Yeah because doing a simple update to item stats is that hard. They already did it with the columi relics. They could do the same with the rakata weapons but they have chosen to keep ignoring the issue. Seems they like to piss off their customers by not even addressing the issue.

I wouldn't be anywhere near as upset at my new useless t3 weapon token if they would at least acknowledge the issue. Can a dev not even post to say yes we know about the issue. I don't think that is asking for a lot.

It's absolutely amazing that Bioware refuses to acknowledge this issue. I've seen threads closed, moved and redirected to completely unrelated discussions about armor modification, and they'll even point people to THIS THREAD, but not a single statement that they're aware of and working on the issue.

This is completely unacceptable. There should have been an official statement by now that says in no uncertain terms that these weapons will be fixed soon.

Edited by Surter

dear bioware, nobody care that republic are getting stomped on ilum, all we want is for our raiding weapons to be better then the champion one you can get like 2 minutes into level 50 . k thanks

This is a fix that should take no time to code. We're ************ because of how ridiculously easy this is, and how little critical thinking is involved. While many potential solutions to the Ilum problem have been suggested, it's a complex issue requiring much more thought and time.

TL;DR: Troll elsewhere, jerk.

Yup, Im in the same boat with my Rakata weapon rotting in my inventory while I use PvP gear for PvE content. This post will not leave front page until it is adressed. The fact that this problem hits a smaller player base should not matter, that endgame playerbase is what keeps MMOs alive. You take away any incentive for Ops then no one is going to do Ops and thus lose interest and unsub. Not to mention, the weapons are the single biggest thing hardcore players look forward to. There are a few fixes Im letting slide for longer than I should while investing money in an MMO company with so many previous examples to emulate. Dont mess simple things up, and if you do, admit to the mistake and make the fix.