Rakata weapons still useless in 1.1

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest everyone make ingame tickets about the problem. Usually companies just count those and fix the problem thats been reported the most.

And we dont have any evidence that anyone is even reading this forum, so having thread here really isnt the same thing.

Ticket a day might help, it soon becomes EASIER for them to fix the issue than reply to our tickets...

I haven't read much of this thread beyond the title, but I too must ask that this be addressed. I love the game and think this style of raiding has potential, but screwing up risk/reward like this really takes the joy out of downing HM Karragga/Soa.

inability to resolve this issue points out the lack of clear understanding of such basic things as balance and progress

itemization is one of the most important aspects of the MMO and ignoring the problem will lead to sad results

Also alarming absence of any reaction to the problem of developers.

Edited by Akermann

So I understand the whole princaple of this issue but I don't understand why everyone is so worked up about it when it comes to the endgame.

Several people have posted in these threads about the fact that they have to go battlemaster or can't perform well because of this.

I'm not sure you people quite understand the differences we are talking about here.

PvP Gear and PvE gear is not different in many ways. For example a champion chestplate and a columi chestplate are the exact same in armor but the difference between them is the columi will have about 13 more aim and the champion will have 56 expertise.

This same scale goes from tionise to centurion and rakata to battlemaster.

So keep this in mind when I'm showing you the following screenshots that the scaling in stat differences will be the EXACT same when talking about pve gear give or take about 13 aim!

Link

That is about the difference between tionise and columi however showed for you as centurion and champion! These are nice boosts! 40 extra damage...some more endurance...50 power...some crit! Really nice right???

Well have you ever looked at the jump between champion and battlemaster?

link

That's the same scale it will be with columi to battlemaster...do you see it? It's in the single digits...we aren't even talking a full 1% more damage or health or anything...no good stat boost...nothing truly beneficial

Battlemaster and Rakata gear are for ONE thing! Showing off! They don't give a bonus that actually matters in combat. And no 6 more damage does not actually matter. If you are so bad that you can't win without 6 extra damage then you really shouldn't be doing endgame raids.

As for the relics? Expertise is the primary stat of all PvP! It's a nesscity! We are talking full %'s of damage dr and healing added by those relics that weren't there before! Not showing off but actually useful things! THATS why they were added before this.

I understand you all are mad at this but your minority raid group epeen showing and gloating does not rank as high other bugs that affect players in any sort of gameplay way.

Hopefully this helps you understand why this has not gotten much attention.

So I understand the whole princaple of this issue but I don't understand why everyone is so worked up about it when it comes to the endgame.

Several people have posted in these threads about the fact that they have to go battlemaster or can't perform well because of this.

I'm not sure you people quite understand the differences we are talking about here.

PvP Gear and PvE gear is not different in many ways. For example a champion chestplate and a columi chestplate are the exact same in armor but the difference between them is the columi will have about 13 more aim and the champion will have 56 expertise.

This same scale goes from tionise to centurion and rakata to battlemaster.

So keep this in mind when I'm showing you the following screenshots that the scaling in stat differences will be the EXACT same when talking about pve gear give or take about 13 aim!

Link

That is about the difference between tionise and columi however showed for you as centurion and champion! These are nice boosts! 40 extra damage...some more endurance...50 power...some crit! Really nice right???

Well have you ever looked at the jump between champion and battlemaster?

link

That's the same scale it will be with columi to battlemaster...do you see it? It's in the single digits...we aren't even talking a full 1% more damage or health or anything...no good stat boost...nothing truly beneficial

Battlemaster and Rakata gear are for ONE thing! Showing off! They don't give a bonus that actually matters in combat. And no 6 more damage does not actually matter. If you are so bad that you can't win without 6 extra damage then you really shouldn't be doing endgame raids.

As for the relics? Expertise is the primary stat of all PvP! It's a nesscity! We are talking full %'s of damage dr and healing added by those relics that weren't there before! Not showing off but actually useful things! THATS why they were added before this.

I understand you all are mad at this but your minority raid group epeen showing and gloating does not rank as high other bugs that affect players in any sort of gameplay way.

Hopefully this helps you understand why this has not gotten much attention.

I wrote out a long explanation of why you are wrong but decided it wasn't worth the trouble. This has nothing to do with PvP and Rakata gear is not just for showing off, Full Rakata over Columi for a tank equals out to about 700hp, and a sizable amour of Armor, Defense, Shield/Absorb.

I wrote out a long explanation of why you are wrong but decided it wasn't worth the trouble. This has nothing to do with PvP and Rakata gear is not just for showing off, Full Rakata over Columi for a tank equals out to about 700hp, and a sizable amour of Armor, Defense, Shield/Absorb.

But we aren't even talking about full rakata gear we are talking ONLY the weapons which is a 6 damage difference.

*edit* and as I stated the difference per piece is in the single digits. Meaning we are talking about 1/2 the stats of ONE columi piece all together! It is pretty much just for showing off.

Edited by TeH-DeVa

I Dont think you seem to undertstand, this has been like this for months...and it should be such a simple thing to fix.

But it's not one that actually matters compared to others. If perhaps all the rakata gear was broken then yes I could see an immediate fix but we are talking about people who just want 6 more damage.

We are talking less then one percent more damage.

But it's not one that actually matters compared to others. If perhaps all the rakata gear was broken then yes I could see an immediate fix but we are talking about people who just want 6 more damage.

We are talking less then one percent more damage.

Actually this isn't what concerns most people. The vast majority of the people with Rakata weapons have cleared all the content on hard mode if not nightmare; they don't care about 6 more damage. The problem is that the double-colored lightsabers which are obviously intended as a status symbol (if not why would they be so rare and hard to obtain) are current unusable and the "fix" should be relatively simple. This game, like so many other mmo's, is based upon a gear race and as such the top level gear shouldn't be plagued with a bug that is so ridiculously easy to fix. At the very least people are asking for acknowledgement that this is a problem and will be addressed possibly with some information such as whether they should wait to trade in the token to ensure they get the right gear once the fix goes through.

Undoubtedly someone will respond with "well BW shouldn't worry about the 1%..." but for some people this is the reason they spend a lot of time on this game and it's a legitimate concern from that perspective.

Edited by Morwraith

I agree with you. BW should not be alienating anybody at this point in its life. Endgame players are usually the ones that stay around the longest, making the game viable longterm. Also, shout out to the hardcore PVPers, they are integral in all this as well. Please help us BW.

Actually this isn't what concerns most people. The vast majority of the people with Rakata weapons have cleared all the content on hard mode if not nightmare; they don't care about 6 more damage. The problem is that the double-colored lightsabers which are obviously intended as a status symbol (if not why would they be so rare and hard to obtain) are current unusable and the "fix" should be relatively simple. This game, like so many other mmo's, is based upon a gear race and as such the top level gear shouldn't be plagued with a bug that is so ridiculously easy to fix. At the very least people are asking for acknowledgement that this is a problem and will be addressed possibly with some information such as whether they should wait to trade in the token to ensure they get the right gear once the fix goes through.

Undoubtedly someone will respond with "well BW shouldn't worry about the 1%..." but for some people this is the reason they spend a lot of time on this game and it's a legitimate concern from that perspective.

If they cleared the content then it's not "useless" you can still carry it around as a status symbol. Status symbols don't need to be used to be effective. I would also bet money for how much they know about the game they could even get away doing the operations with the weapons!

And also it IS what concerns most people. I read through this thread and the amount of people who said "I need this to do more damage" or "My raid buddies have been forced to become battlemasters so they can use weapons that can compete" etc etc etc on a 6 damage increase!

Even though im not quite as far in the game yet to be seriously concerned about the issue, this is major oversight by Bioware and should have been fixed long time ago.

To the people who are for whatever reasons trying to justify it, saying that its 6 dps increase or whatnot, you obviously have no knowledge as to how endgame pve works so for the love of god stop posting ignorant comments.