Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Its not that they are supposed to be "Bi", but that they are supposed to be neutral till you push them towards a certain interest.

A certain class companion is a good example of what I am talking about: Spoiler removed.

And as said before for all the homophobes: "no character is going to hit on you unless you choose the dialogue options marked as [Flirt]" Which is currently how the OGRA's currently work. And if you don't even want to see ANY even possible [flirt] options with OGRA, well too bad and grow up.

I believe it was stated that they want to only make the new companions and characters SGRA acceptable as the problem with making past characters acceptable to romance options would be too much work to add in. Plus many would feel like they might be forced into rerolling just to obtain such options as they have already gone through the majority of the conversations in game.

I agree with this so much.

Also, we don't really need new flashpoints and operations at this point, when most of us aren't yet experiencing those. We need our current experiences fixed, including these missing romance options.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: not going to feed trolls

I just hope this isn't too hard to impliment as many people have been saying they probably have spare dialog hanging around all over the place and just havn't yet programmed in the same-sex relationship yet. Will have to wait for more info and a timeframe.

I do not remember where...but I remember reading somewhere ('Zam? Argh, I despise not being able to remember the site) that BioWare had stated that the dialogue for the option had 'already been recorded', but it was not being put into the game at launch. It didn't specify whether this was for already-extant companions like Corso and Risha, or for new companions altogether, however (I am hoping for the former).

This, if true, would not really surprise me. For one thing, BioWare is not the sort to drop the ball. And they have to have been paying attention to the fecal storm that swirled around the last Star Wars MMO, the one that was preparing to pull the plug even as this game prepared to debut...one issue being, that other game didn't listen to the players (I will not go into any other issues surrounding that game, however).

They were doubtless anticipating situations like this one, which already puts them one step ahead. All we would really need at this point is the ETA, which would let us manage who we play and for how long while we wait.

Edited by Aebrynis

I would like to cast my vote for including same-sex romance arcs for companion characters as soon as possible. It will help with immersion in the game. And it will make me happy. I want a relationship with Dorne really badly! Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

I do not remember where...but I remember reading somewhere ('Zam? Argh, I despise not being able to remember the site) that BioWare had stated that the dialogue for the option had 'already been recorded', but it was not being put into the game at launch.

If this is the case ( I had already suspected as much), this should be the easiest content update they are ever going to do. Probably all that needs left doing is setting the flags for the companions. There is really no reason they should have to wait on this then. The glaring omission of this content from launch was both surprising and disappointing. Time for BW to fix it since it seems the work is already done.

Edited by Nozybidaj

I realized I didn't cast a vote in my first post.

I would prefer option 2a

at the moment I have made several characters, but have had trouble bringing myself to level them very far yet.

If BW could give us some idea of their plans I would appreciate it.

Also think it would be nice if they could add some SS flirt dialog with the NPCs.

there are many instances in the game were it almost appears as if the feature was partially implememnted then just abandoned - certain comments and cinematics.

Absolutely. For example, there's a cantina, I think in Mos Ila, with a (fully-clothed) bith dancing on a table, and a same-gender patron reclining nearby staring at his posterior, who hasn't blinked since the servers went live. This being Bioware, no doubt a lot of the infrastructure has already been laid.

Add another curious mind to those who'd like to see an ETA and a description of how it's going to be implemented, however rough.

The possibility that they'll add SGRs for current companions but not allow people who've done all companion missions to see them kinda makes me afraid to do them.

I agree, Kaliyo seems like she'd totally be either way. same with Risha for the smuggler, Just with some of the dialogue before she even joins you as usable, there's hints she might 'swing both ways', and i noticed a couple possibles with kira for my female knight as well. So, i guess i vote option 2a, and also wouldnt mind just a lil hint of an eta for if/when the content will be implemented and how it'll work, cuz i'm totally holding my fem knight right now, hoping they swing kira, cuz i have no interest in the male options for her. i went male on my IA just so i could be with kaliyo, but i'd consider rerolling fem IA if they implemented bi Kaliyo. Think it'd be funny to see a fem warrior with either jaesa or vette too, just for fun

not sure if this was what the OP ment, but an option also would be if you've maxed affection with a same gender character and they implement the SGRA content, that you just get to have those conversation options all in one go (kinda like if you gained lots of points and havent chatted in awhile) and include option to make the switch incase your currently with an opposite gender romancable (kinda like how if your romancing 2 at the same time and they force you to choose) oh, thatd also be a neat, if controversial little add on; allowing certain three ways (like in dragon age).

apologies in advance if that last suggestion starts a flame war

Edited by DarthVampirous

They're actually sending people who start other threads on this issue to this thread specifically as opposed to just locking them all down, which is a good sign.

I too would just love to see an announcement/update on this like "the first Q2 content update" or something.

I for one am waiting to seriously begin an alt until there is some indication of how same-sex romances will be handled. Whether it will be new characters who can be romanced, or some or all existing companion romances being modified to be bisexual or perhaps even certain currently non-romanceable companions coming out as homosexual, I would simply like to know how it will be implemented so I can plan my alts accordingly.

I hope they give us the option to redo the companion affection quests, I already started doing those on Torian, reluctantly without those flirt options the female BH's get :(

Mind you, we might have to get new companions at this rate if redoing is so messy, gah, I wouldn't mind that if we still got the current choices...

Edited by AelixVII

I hope they give us the option to redo the companion affection quests, I already started doing those on Torian, reluctantly without those flirt options the female BH's get :(

Mind you, we might have to get new companions at this rate if redoing is so messy, gah, I wouldn't mind that if we still got the current choices...

New companions is fine but not at the expense of the existing ones. However they do it, I want to be able to come back to the game and level up my character and experience the content (not just the romance) as it was intended to be. Waiting for new companions at 50, or not getting the proper options till 50, or whatever else is simply going to ruin the pacing and the impact the romances are meant to have on the game experience.

I agree, Kaliyo seems like she'd totally be either way. same with Risha for the smuggler, Just with some of the dialogue before she even joins you as usable, there's hints she might 'swing both ways', and i noticed a couple possibles with kira for my female knight as well. So, i guess i vote option 2a, and also wouldnt mind just a lil hint of an eta for if/when the content will be implemented and how it'll work, cuz i'm totally holding my fem knight right now, hoping they swing kira, cuz i have no interest in the male options for her. i went male on my IA just so i could be with kaliyo, but i'd consider rerolling fem IA if they implemented bi Kaliyo. Think it'd be funny to see a fem warrior with either jaesa or vette too, just for fun

Wishful thinking would make most of the fems bi, in my mind anyway. However, I really would love it if Kaliyo proved straight in the long run, simply because no one would expect it... Besides, I don't particularly like Kaliyo, and she wouldn't be a romance choice for my fem!IA anyway even if she were available... I really don't want to be given no other choice. (Sure, she makes the occasional funny comment, but she's really bloodthirsty and cruel - not an ideal love interest for a kind and compassionate Agent.)

I too would VERY much like an ETA on the same sex relationships...surely they can nail it down to a month/quarter of the year. and while new content is always welcome, i DO think it would be quite easy to make some of the existing companions roamancable by BOTH genders with next to little actual changes/reworking of the dialogue. Of course, i'm not a programmer, so i could be wrong.

My vote is for 2A as this would allow the romance to progress naturally over our storyline. Not sure how they would handle it for people who have already gone through the companion's dialogue, though. Allowing people to re-do all of the conversations seems like a far stretch.

Personally, I haven't been speaking with the romanceable companions at all in the event that they do make them available for the same gender. It certainly detracts from the overall experience, but it's better to be safe than sorry as I don't want to lock myself out.

I have my doubts that they will flip the bi switch for the current companions, even though it would be a simple matter of changing a few pronouns and lines here and there. Now I'm no expert with programming, so maybe it's more difficult than it appears to be... but I think if this was their plan, it could have been done for release, or at least within the first few months.

My guess is that it will be with completely new companions, likely with the continuation of our class stories. One bi female and one bi male per class. So straight characters will get two options and homosexual characters will get one. :( Hope I'm wrong about this!

One bi female and one bi male per class. So straight characters will get two options and homosexual characters will get one. :( Hope I'm wrong about this!

I would be livid if they tried that, Bi companions? sure, no homosexuals anywhere? that's just as outrageous as the state we are in now in my opinion.

My guess is that it will be with completely new companions, likely with the continuation of our class stories. One bi female and one bi male per class. So straight characters will get two options and homosexual characters will get one. :( Hope I'm wrong about this!

I hope you're wrong too. :(

I really, really hope that in the end they give equal opportunity to pursue s/s romances as o/s romances. I don't like most o/s romances in games and don't see why I should be penalized for that.

I'm okay if it takes time to get this fully up and running, as frustrating as that may be, so long as in the end I have an equal opportunity to pursue the type of romance I actually enjoy.

Something as small as allowing s/s flirts with NPCs would make me a very happy camper. Most of their responses already seem pretty gender neutral to me.

It would be nice to have a rough idea as to when I can start enjoying this part of the game.

Currently leveling my Jedi Knight and just met Doc, Boy does he sound a little sleazy :p.

But I have noticed that Kira seems to give Doc evils (and I mean looks could kill evils) On both occasions when he flirts, and even suggests not saving him.

It looks as though the programming for the most part is actually there, Just something (other than the bi switch being on) is missing.

If you're reading this BW staff, please take into account the fact that a lot of people who've met their companions will have grown to like them already, to have to start that again with new companions feels somewhat undesirable. However as a programmer I understand some things aren't possible at certain stages of development.

(Now however formal that sounded above my brain is still thinking: 'but I want my male BH to get together with Torian now! QQ' Sorry just wanted to get that out xD)