The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll complete the class stories for my 4 characters and then quit..the only reason I am playing this is coz I was promised "Kotor 3.4,5 and all the sequels", not the PvP or raiding or whatever. It's been fun teaming up with players to complete heroics and FP's but to me, it's just a means to an end (getting level and gear high to finish the class story). I'm pretty sure that this is my first MMORPG and the last.

So, to answer your question, I will keep on subscribing until I finish the class stories for my characters.

Edited by infinitum

I already capped 50 and finished one of the 16-man raids and got the full tier pvp. I do not like this MMO it's another wow (here's how i exactly think http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg) and i already bored that kind of game, doesn't give anything new except a story that ends in 1 week with voiceovers. Is a good game to play 1 month, after that not enough subscription.

Expose your opinions

Within a month??? Wow man.

I believe at minimium this is a good game for at least 3 months for others like me to get to that point considering time issues. But I knew it would be WoW-like from the get go...

I'm ok with that.

I'm kind of on the fence about things at the moment. I like the fact that I play this game way less than other MMO's I have played previously, Why? Because it just isn't as focused,Fun or outright addictive as other MMO's I've played.

This gives me a lot more free time outside of my work life to socialize more IRL and to explore other games making it less of a time sink which is a huge positive, But it also causes a massive disconnect in that I feel there is essentially no community on this game. It feels very much a single player game masquerading as a multi player social game with very few of those aspects included except for the fact it's played on a persistent server with other people off doing their own solo stuff and the inclusion of guilds and sparse group content. Sort of a quasi Co-op game.

I like to give MMO's a fair chance and even some of what I consider to be the fallen MMO's I have tried over the years I always gave them at least 6 months to sink or swim unless they where just nightmarishly bad (I'm looking at you Tabula Rasa).

So I'll stick around for the meantime hoping this game somehow miraculously changes into what an MMO should be in my opinion but given the direction I've seen so far I fear I may be sorely disappointed.

Only purchased the game after first patch, am 2 weeks in and lvl 37 so will probably hit cap before sub is due. Not sure to be honest :/

Still, I've had great value for money, the hours I've put in will easily match Skyrim and nobody complained that there was nothing to do in Skyrim.

Theme park MMO's are like this, but they seem to be getting easier and easier to hit the level cap with, having said that imagine the outrage if you had to grind for a few levels before you could grab the next story quest.

I already capped 50 and finished one of the 16-man raids and got the full tier pvp. I do not like this MMO it's another wow (here's how i exactly think http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg) and i already bored that kind of game, doesn't give anything new except a story that ends in 1 week with voiceovers. Is a good game to play 1 month, after that not enough subscription.

Expose your opinions[/QUOTE]

But... you haven't even bought me dinner yet!

(sorry!)

Sticking around. I'm finding I'm playing less, but that's not the game's fault, just have more work to do these days!

Cheers!

QS :D

I didn't do the 12 hours a day "spacebar grind" to hit 50 in a few weeks so I guess I'm failing to see the point. I have one character at level 50 and I'm currently running Dailies and HM's to gear up. I'll be running my first EV run next week with a follow up of KP. I have a second toon at level 20.

So, it took me a little over a month to hit 50 and get a second toon to 20 and there's still alot for me to do. I'll be happy for month's to come just due to storylines alone. Content releases will just make it all that much more fun for me.

I'll be keeping my sub and since my wife now enjoys playing as well, I'll be buying her a copy for herself.

Yes, I will be continuing my subscription. My plan is to keep it up until 12/20/12 and then reevaluate.

Am I having fun?*

How often is TOR being updated?

Is new content being added at regular intervals?

Are bugs being fixed in an acceptable time (as judged by me, not some random forum goer)?

How many of my friends are still playing?

Are TOR's innovations keeping up with the other MMOs available at this time (12/20/12)?

*: Most important point

But in the mean time I am here for the long haul.

Still got 2 months left on my sub and like many here i just don't know if ill continue it when its up.

The game just doesn't feel right at the moment,its not a mmo and its not a Srpg but sorta sitting in the middle twiddling its thumbs, i kind of liked the story part of it and fell for the 100s of hours story for each class speel and after playing all the classes to mid 20s-30s i can see threw it to the fact almost all the classes do the same quests on the same planet in the exact same order with the odd story quest thrown in that takes all off 5 mins to complete, obviously the hundreds of hours are the time it actually takes to get fro mone quest to the other for time sink reasons.

Probably the biggest gripe with the game is starting an new alt doing the same story all over again at a slugs pace only to get sprint at 14 when the worlds get slightly bigger and quests further apart and then again at 25 for a speeder where it happens exactly the same, the worlds arent just big they're empty for no reason its one of the most lifeless mmos ive yet played,static worlds fake npcs frozen in place for a universe this full of content to make a mmo without it is silly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, moderator closed my unsub or staying thread and linked me to this long dead thread from 2/3. Whatever, I'll necro it.

No, I'm unsubbing. To quote my earlier post:

Personally, I'm unsubbing because the performance issues have hardly even been addressed, endgame is lackluster, and gear is too easy to get. The game honestly feels like WoWlite, but buggier and laggier, and it's lost that Star Wars appeal with the clunky gameplay and the traditional tank/heals/dps trinity. Plus there's no combat parsing, guild bank/calender, or other tools to help out raiding guilds... not that they'd be very interested in doing tuned-up versions of the same boring bosses with the same recycled mechanics, anyway.

Edited by Lord_Itharius

I will remain loyal and continue my subscription until I've done every single maxed thing I can do in this game. What ever happened to a thing called loyalty? How about we support BW until they can get off the ground? Many of you people have no loyalty but to yourself. BW put out a good product. Is it perfect? No, but it's very good and it's only going to get better. Do you think BW is going to let us all down? Do nothing? I don't think so, they have been dedicated to this game. Have you seen otherwise? It's clear WB has been passionate about this game.

I can't believe people expect everything now. I think it's the spoiled little bratty society we have these days. What about investing in something good, and standing behind it. The game has been out for two months and because you leveled in a week somehow that's BW fault? Play another character, do PvP, gear your ship. I can't believe people have all their characters and gear leveled. lol Get a life man! Oh wait why don't you high levels actual start to help new players? Wow that would be an idea, help support the community? Oh now that's something that never crossed your mind, actually help someone rather than yourself. lol Jeesh...because you know bashing everything about this game will somehow help. lol :mad:

I will remain loyal and continue my subscription until I've done every single maxed thing I can do in this game. What ever happened to a thing called loyalty? How about we support BW until they can get off the ground? Many of you people have no loyalty but to yourself. BW put out a good product. Is it perfect? No, but it's very good and it's only going to get better. Do you think BW is going to let us all down? Do nothing? I don't think so, they have been dedicated to this game. Have you seen otherwise? It's clear WB has been passionate about this game.

I can't believe people expect everything now. I think it's the spoiled little bratty society we have these days. What about investing in something good, and standing behind it. The game has been out for two months and because you leveled in a week somehow that's BW fault? Play another character, do PvP, gear your ship. I can't believe people have all their characters and gear leveled. lol Get a life man! Oh wait why don't you high levels actual start to help new players? Wow that would be an idea, help support the community? Oh now that's something that never crossed your mind, actually help someone rather than yourself. lol Jeesh...because you know bashing everything about this game will somehow help. lol :mad:

Loyalty to a game company who threw out a half-baked game with horrible support and that told us the best thing to do after capping out was to reroll and do the same quests over and over because they forgot to put in a decent endgame?

They also forgot to put in a decent start to mid-game.

I'd like to say...my loyalty is to the company that doesn't spend 200million bucks on a single game and actually cares about it enough to give me somthing they're proud of.

This game is all about money, not the game or the gamer. It will end badly.

Edited by Xaeberain