Bioware YOU caused crew skill imbalance... now you are making it worse... :/

psysention

I dont think all crafted items should be BOP, then you would just choose the crew skill that made you the most money so that you could buy the item.

Wouldn't supply and demand dictate which "made you the most money"? Yeah, there may still be more demand for Biochem, for example, but if too many players switch to Biochem, then that will drive down prices of Biochem, while increasing the prices of other skills.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An even easier fix would be to not allow pots/stims/adrenals in war zones at all. Think about it, it is technically against the rules for most major sports leagues to use human growth hormone (HGH) and other performance enhancing drugs....So what are we saying when we allow it in video games...Yes I understand that it's just a game, but youth are very impressionable. I say they should implement code that bans the use of them in war zones to promote healthy competition (i.e. your success will all come down to skill and the gear that you have obtained, earned or not).
Can't tell if serious or not...

Crew skills aka craft skills are public service... it shouldn't be designed for private use...

Almost all the lvl 50 items that comes from crewskills are BoP... That means crafters can only craft for themselves... This is what causing the imbalance...

Instead of "nerfin" the biochem, you must remove all the extre preq for crafter items and make em all BoE...

This way everybody can use everything that comes from crew skills...

This way there can be 100% balance..

and some extra notes...

Tionese Implants are BoP

Columi Implants are BoE

Columi Relics BoP

What is the point of making BoP craft? what good is the craft skill if you can not sell your stuff? In order to balance every crew skill... just change every craft item to BoE so everybody can use em and no one would cry/whine on forums...

you know there is another thread asking for more bop on crafted items

BOP,...what is that? Bind on Pickup?

Didn't it used to be called BoA? Bind on Aquire?

Anyho.,...

BoP just smacks of Laziness, imho. A bandaid to patch something , shove it under the rug and forget the root of the problem. Alittle tired of seeing it eventually surface in some of my favorite past MMO's.

Penalizing you for Not being a Crafter.

please,..MMO's have gotten farther than this,...

my Trolly 2 credits.

Not all purple 50 recipes are BOP, there are Purple recipes that are BOE, I didn't find any of those for Biochem, but I do believe they exists...so, if they do exist, all this whiming in this thread is useless...on the other hand, if those recipes are only for armor, I believe that all that is posted here make sense and I agree with...

I don't mind BoP crafted items as long as they're:

1. MUCH better than you can typically get elsewhere other than the most difficult content.

2. There's some logical explanation for why they're BoP.

3. They are the exception rather than the rule.

This game definitely needs more good, craftable BoE gear. It should be the norm, not the exception.

I agree - why cant I make my buddy the lvl 50 speeder (etc.) as cybertech if he wants to buy the mats? I then make some money making stuff as cybertech

They are making the issue worse tomorrow not only putting the requirement of Rakata items to 400 but also Exotech - so now if you dont have biochem you cannot even really use endgame adrenals/stims.......bioware is not making me confident in their abilities here

i will underline my point again...

Craft skills are currently private use only at the end-game, almost all the schematics/recipes are Bind on Pickup... Crafts skills should be a public service, it shouldn't be a major part of the character's strength...

Here's an idea:

How about you have two versions of Biochem stuff? The limited use stuff that you can sell, and the unlimited use stuff for personal use. But they both grant the same bonuses.

That way, Biochemists keep their nice perk and they can sell their effects to others.

Here's an idea:

How about you have two versions of Biochem stuff? The limited use stuff that you can sell, and the unlimited use stuff for personal use. But they both grant the same bonuses.

That way, Biochemists keep their nice perk and they can sell their effects to others.

Once again, this makes too much sense, and probably a tiny bit harder to code versus

//#define RAKATAHEALAMOUNT 7000

#define RAKATAHEALAMOUNT 5000

See how much easier it is to code a nerf?

Make synthweaving useful? :)

that would mean they would have to fix the other crewskills as well to make them useful...so while would they waste time doing that? its easier to just ignore the problems, hoping people like you would go away

Crew skills aka craft skills are public service... it shouldn't be designed for private use...

Almost all the lvl 50 items that comes from crewskills are BoP... That means crafters can only craft for themselves... This is what causing the imbalance...

Instead of "nerfin" the biochem, you must remove all the extre preq for crafter items and make em all BoE...

Translation: I can't grind out my granades in one craft skill then change skills and grind out the top tier item of that craft skill anymore!!!111 z0mg Bioware sucks for catching the mistake they made that allowed exploiting the system!!!111

I like biotech unlimited items being exclusive to Biotech. What I don't like is unlimited items being more powerful than consumables everybody can use.

You guys do realize if unlimited was available to everybody the bottom drop out of all but your non-consumable-items market as biotech right?

It's a greater financial advantage to have unlimited use be exclusive to Biotech. It's fair when balanced as it is all the way up until that end-game nonsense with blue being more powerful than purple but consumable and non-exclusive.

But seriously BW, why all these breaks with your own obvious game balancing schemes. Is there a game design war going on behind the scenes? Because I can't help but feel like somebody with more influence than they deserve is being a terd in an otherwise fruity and refreshing punchbowl with some of these decisions.

Edited by Pherdnut

All I see here in this thread is a bunch of people who havent actually maxed their professions, did any RE to get epic versions to sell on GTN or have done any operations for Hi quality level 50 boe recipes..

Maybe you should get a clue..

Nothing better then reading the massive QQ from people having something they worked ssoooooo HARD to get to 400, "nerfed".

Or how I usually call it : "Baby want to be above others."

I especially love the one who said 5k heal is nothing on 20k hp.

I'll keep eating my chips and wait for what come next in this hilarious thread.

hoping people like you would go away

What's that supposed to mean?

If you have synthweaving you will know what i mean, the gear you can make is useless, you get better gear from quests and drops, there's almost nothing good in it at all except for the rataki gear wich is at 400...

While artifice, cybertech etc. can make gear wich is actually useful...

I'm just saying give the synthweavers something wich is actually useful (I even got a synth recipe for a lower robe wich can only be used by Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor, and i play as a Jedi Consular)

And they nerfed slicing so they have to balance it all out anyway? :rolleyes:

And people like me wont go away <3

Translation: I can't grind out my granades in one craft skill then change skills and grind out the top tier item of that craft skill anymore!!!111 z0mg Bioware sucks for catching the mistake they made that allowed exploiting the system!!!111

Translation: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE A VIABLE CRAFTING SYSTEM BECAUSE I AM A RAIDER AND MY ENTIRE SELF WORTH IS BASED ON THE IDEA THAT I CAN BEAT SCRIPTED ENCOUNTERS TO GEAR MYSELF UP AND LORD OVER OTHER PLAYERS.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Translation: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE A VIABLE CRAFTING SYSTEM BECAUSE I AM A RAIDER AND MY ENTIRE SELF WORTH IS BASED ON THE IDEA THAT I CAN BEAT SCRIPTED ENCOUNTERS TO GEAR MYSELF UP AND LORD OVER OTHER PLAYERS.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

except that I haven't even raided yet. But keep on crying about your exploits being taken away. Poor you.

What's that supposed to mean?

If you have synthweaving you will know what i mean, the gear you can make is useless, you get better gear from quests and drops, there's almost nothing good in it at all except for the rataki gear wich is at 400...

While artifice, cybertech etc. can make gear wich is actually useful...

I'm just saying give the synthweavers something wich is actually useful (I even got a synth recipe for a lower robe wich can only be used by Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor, and i play as a Jedi Consular)

And they nerfed slicing so they have to balance it all out anyway? :rolleyes:

And people like me wont go away <3

Right now how crew skills rank in the OP QQ type of ranking is :

Biochem > Cybertech > Synthweaving/Armortech > Artifice > Armstech.

It could be worst. :)

Edited by snaplemouton