No patch on 1/17/2011

Kryptale

Nah not offended, but it's hardly prime time for the world.

Many players are probably off line, and the forums aren't recieving as many posts as during prime day time in the rest of the world comapared to the US.

Uh, he never said it was prime time for the rest of the world - only for the US/NA.

What's your problem again?

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that... how?

from the sticky about the delayed patch...

"...These issues were primarily brought to our attention by the diligent players on the Public Test Server Forums. Your participation in testing helps to improve the game as a whole, and we appreciate your discussion and feedback. The bug reports you provide are a valuable part of the development process. Thank you!"

Edited by Rasstavad

Seems BW could have known this 2 weeks earlier from the feedback the testserver gave. Just sayin.

Depends. If it was somehting they just found today, then thats something they couldnt avoid. If it was something found weeks ago, then they should have givin more advance warning.

I, and many, many others, have been extremely patient waiting for this 1.1 patch to fix some of the most substantial issues in the game (particularly the Kira Carsen Jedi Knight bug which has been ongoing since beta and even engendered a 180+ page thread).

Sneakily postponing this patch with only a few hours to spare before its release is an outrage and a very, very poor business decision.

This nonsense is truly the straw that has broken the proverbial camel's back, and I will simply copy and paste what I've already done:

"Your subscription has been cancelled.

You have 1 day of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code."

EA is Bioware. Bioware is not a separate company any more, it's just a department of EA.

And what does Bioware care if they postpone now, they are making profit and with the number of blind fanboyism Bioware can take as much time as they want doing whatever they want because there are enough people that will defend Bioware regardless of what they were doing.

yes I know that EA owns them, but there is still a level of autonomy for Bioware. The suits will tell them to launch the game, cause they want to start seeing revenue coming from the invested money, so they tell Bioware to get the game good enough to launch. But when it comes to Patches, I would not doubt the EA suits let Bioware make those decisions on their own.

I do believe that Bioware does care, but they can only do so much when the suits of EA are telling them to do something else.

Nah not offended, but it's hardly prime time for the world.

Many players are probably off line, and the forums aren't recieving as many posts as during prime day time in the rest of the world comapared to the US.

Again, this is prime time. Period.

It doesn't matter what's happening in Europe. I'm not saying that to be prejudiced, or anti-European, or anything like that. The simple fact here is that someone claimed this was a low-traffic time for the forum. It's not. It is, in fact, a heavy traffic period.

What's going on in Europe doesn't factor into that at all, because the vast majority of players are not in Europe.

I really can't understand why you're even arguing this point.

Depends. If it was somehting they just found today, then thats something they couldnt avoid. If it was something found weeks ago, then they should have givin more advance warning.

It's all to convenient for BW/EA seeing the timing and window they pull back the patch. In my years of gaming I have learned not to trust anything from EA, and this game hasn't changed that sofar.

Anybody who's ever done software development knows that sometimes you miss a deadline and things aren't ready when you hoped they would be.

And seriously, you think there plan is to keep subscribers by *not* fixing bugs? And announcing that a few days before the first month is up?

You think those patch notes were just an elaborate hoax?

Amazing.

What's amazing is that 90% of these bugs have been present, since closed beta. What's even more amazing is that they knew this day was coming. This stuff should have been in testing phase for much longer than it probably has been.

There is nothing amazing about procrastination, however. It's a fairly common attribute, among humans.

Edited by Quijibotu

they thought they could release a new content patch to attract the people who unsubbed to stay.

then they thought.. what the hell....get the weeds out of the field then release the new content to the greener pastures...

epic move

WINZ

ps from devs: for a measly 15 bucks, this ain't worth it...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110726165128AAFxgy6

What's amazing is that 90% of these bugs have been present, since closed beta. What's even more amazing is that they knew this day was coming. This stuff should've have been in testing phase for much longer than it probably has been.

There is nothing amazing about procrastination, however. It's a fairly common attribute, among humans.

Hell I even dare say that this patch was laying ready for more then a week allready before they decided to put it online today.

It's all to convenient for BW/EA seeing the timing and window they pull back the patch. In my years of gaming I have learned not to trust anything from EA, and this game hasn't changed that sofar.

A little bit of cynic is good. A whole lot starts to go into tinfoil hat territory.

Ive encountered much worse companies to ever thing EA is truely the devil.

The game has only been released for a month. I honestly do not understand how anyone can think that game-sweeping changes could come within a month's time.

I think people are more upset with the way the game has been released more than anything.

The game has only been released for a month. I honestly do not understand how anyone can think that game-sweeping changes could come within a month's time.

Cause BW said so. We believed that. We get duped 5 hours before patch. If they said at start that we didn't have to expect content updates comming month because they were weeding out the bugs and balance I bet 90% was fine with that. BW/EA raised the bar of expectations, that's why we demand!!!

Edited by Waxmask

I like how they worded the message.

BECAUSE WE CARE.... to bad they didn't have that saying back during beta phase when these issues were already bugged and talked about lol w/e

Yeah. I would think that if they care they, long before this hot mess, would have cleaned up the amature bugs. I understand the hard ones. But I've seen indy modding projects better put together with better QA than this. Neo Tokyo was a Half-Life mod released in 2009. It has better graphics and art. And there are many, many more.

Now, I'm not trying to be terribly unreasonable by expecting, as an MMO/CRPG player, to necessarily have the same high-end video as modern shooters. Even if some of them are getting pretty long in the tooth. But could you at least step upto something like Quake IV? Because that's just a 2005 game and I think it's reasonable to perform at that level...

Instead we've gotten something that is, honestly, presenting not any better than Dragon Age which, honestly, had pretty waxen graphics and an incredbly bad/limited asset pool...

Agree totally with you! I'm really starting to wonder if a giant yellow bus dropped half of these people off to these forums.....and yes u know what type of yellow bus I'm talking about!

Game should be still in beta, medium graphics option was a bug, LOL ok.