Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

They all have hoods? NOOOO!!!! Synthweaving was my next place to look. I just have to hope that some non hood chest pieces drop somewhere in the game.

Why did the Devs show us three years of non-hooded Guardians in video after video and screen shot after screen shot, only to put none of that armor in the game? If hoods are so great, why did they put every single Jedi on Tython's hood down? Why can't I look like them? Why can't I look like the guy on the front of the game box?

It will happen. Day two into live and patience is already running thin with alot of peeps. I am certain it will happen soon enough or we are all just missing the level 27 I have seen on The Harbringer with a hood down. Didn't take a screenie of it as I had little concern other than to say "hey that looks cool."

But hey! I am sporting a hood and robes and can deal with that. Its still canon enough. But what is up with the pants? They are all tight. with them being so skin tight, the pants I am wearing now does compliment the robes somewhat... but their attempt to make it look like the legs are leather rapped, makes it look more like I am wearing a garder belt on a male toon. Talk about not finishing your fries.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm not gonna activate my code and wait for it to be fixed.

I just can't stand that and the large butt. :/

They completely ruined it for me.

Also, the Jedi robes are the most hideous textures of the game so far, in exploration mode. It's like it's stuck on "low res" -__________- .

And where is the originality ? it's the same ugly crap till the end :/ .

Also, the "hood down" does exist, not just "disappearing" like Twileks or when you wear a helmet, look at NPC on tython, they all have a clipped hood down. :/ WE WANT THAT.

You go ahead and don't activate that code. That'll show 'em! Ya know, since they already have your money for the game purchase and all. You are my kind of rebel. You have inspired me to riot. Hell no! we won't go.... oh.. thats the wrong chant. Oh well, I guess I will just deal with it until level 50 in say about two weeks.

It will happen. Day two into live and patience is already running thin with alot of peeps. I am certain it will happen soon enough or we are all just missing the level 27 I have seen on The Harbringer with a hood down. Didn''t take a screenie of it as I had little concern other than to say "hey that looks cool."

But hey! I am sporting a hood and robes and can deal with that. Its still canon enough. But what is up with the pants? They are all tight. with them being so skin tight, the pants I am wearing now does compliment the robes somewhat... but their attempt to make it look like the legs are leather rapped, makes it look more like I am wearing a garder belt on a male toon. Talk about not finishing your fries.

Level 27 robe with hood on the Harbringer, eh? I must investigate.

I gave up searching after a good looking JK robe and I just started using a Consular robe called Jedi Initiate''s Vestments that is fully modable, and wow does this look cool compared to most of the JK robes. And easy to get to as many people can make them, and the armor hit is minimal really, at least if the other parts you use is heavy armor. The odd thing is that it looks more heavy than most of the heavy armor robes i have seen.

And it removes the big butt thing that seems to be an issue with the physics starts from bellow the belt, while on consular robes it starts above, and the belt is under the robe and not over it.

Edited by Merwanor

And here I was worried there wouldn''t be enough options with the hood up. I love the hood up and don''t think I''d even use a hood down option.

I definitely would not shelve my Guardian because of it, rofl.

I''m glad there are people that are enjoying the way things are.

There are a lot of us who want the character they created to be visible, and not a bald, hooded version of that character, in a game where a quarter of your time is spent staring at them in close up.

I'm annoyed by this as well. And I don't think it would be hard to put in. Basically, here's how it goes, there are models of robes without hoods in the game. These are the versions of the robes that Twi'leks get. It's exactly the same, but the hood is down. So, it shouldn't be hard to program in a "lower hood" option. Basically, you click on it, and your outfit will change to look like the Twi'lek variation. Considering these variations are in the game already, I don't see why we can't get them. Edited by rashencyberspeed

What really pissed me off today, is that I started a sith warrior. He gets the coolest armors you can imagine, plus robe options, and of course, hood-down robes as well. Not the cheap hoodless ones.

Only the jedi are punished with this, and I`m pretty sure its not by accient. They chose it to be this way.

Bad choice devs.

What really pissed me off today, is that I started a sith warrior. He gets the coolest armors you can imagine, plus robe options, and of course, hood-down robes as well. Not the cheap hoodless ones.

Only the jedi are punished with this, and I`m pretty sure its not by accient. They chose it to be this way.

Bad choice devs.

Yeah, here's it all in a nutshell.

Troopers can hide their helmets.

Smugglers can hide their hats.

Agents can hide their visors.

Bounty Hunters can hide their helmets.

Sith Warriors can hide their helmets.

Sith Inquisitors can't hide their hoods, but it seems they get plenty of hoodless pieces.

Jedi Knights cannot hide their hoods.

Neither can Jedi Consulars.

BioWare, I demand proof that you don't hate Jedi.

NOW.

Edited by rashencyberspeed

Yeah, here's it all in a nutshell.

Troopers can hide their helmets.

Smugglers can hide their hats.

Agents can hide their visors.

Bounty Hunters can hide their helmets.

Sith Warriors can hide their helmets.

Sith Inquisitors can't hide their hoods, but it seems they get plenty of hoodless pieces.

Jedi Knights cannot hide their hoods.

Neither can Jedi Consulars.

BioWare, I demand proof that you don't hate Jedi.

NOW.

Except that Consulars can wear Vestments, of which there are tons in the game. It is only the Jedi Knight with almost no hoodless options. This has to be fixed.

Except that Consulars can wear Vestments, of which there are tons in the game. It is only the Jedi Knight with almost no hoodless options. This has to be fixed.

completely agree with u this issue needs fixing i havnt seen my jedis hair in a while now... its utter garbage when u see npcs with the hoods down yet we cant... all they need to do is a toggle i wouldnt be bothered if the hood was just gone or looked like it was down as long as i had the option, come on bioware this is really stupid design choices here

And if you're a Twi'lek, you get to be bald with every hooded piece instead.

Happens to humans too. I haven't seen my Sentinel's hair in ages, and I don't really see any hoodless options when looking at commendation vendors and so on. Really ticks me off. And oddly, I don't remember my character deciding to shave her head when she became a full Jedi...

Happens to humans too. I haven't seen my Sentinel's hair in ages, and I don't really see any hoodless options when looking at commendation vendors and so on. Really ticks me off. And oddly, I don't remember my character deciding to shave her head when she became a full Jedi...

Right, but what I mean by that is Twi'leks don't get the hood and it also removes the headband.

i think it was deliberately taken out but the reason as to why baffles me

It was never in. At no point in Beta did we have a hood toggle. It's just something Stephen Reid said we would have on Twitter.

As to why the hood down Guardian armors they've been advertising since the beginning of the game weren't put in the game, the only reason I can think of is that they were planning to put in a hood toggle.

I just want the Devs to give us a sense of what they plan on doing.

It was never in. At no point in Beta did we have a hood toggle. It's just something Stephen Reid said we would have on Twitter.

As to why the hood down Guardian armors they've been advertising since the beginning of the game weren't put in the game, the only reason I can think of is that they were planning to put in a hood toggle.

I just want the Devs to give us a sense of what they plan on doing.

If they did not put in hood down armors because they were planning the hood toggle, then the same thing would be on the imperial side. But they have hood down robes offered.

Well when you create a Jedi, you can see a hoodless armor piece (with fat *** though).

So does the Jedi in the video trailer.

And they DO have hoods DOWN, not "no hoods" at all like Twileks or when we equip a helmet. So we need THAT. (cause it loses 80% of its coolness without hood down and no hood at all)

Count me in for the crowd that is losing the urge to continue playing because of this. I'm level 19 and don't want to go forward (I kept expecting I'd find a robe without a hood up evnetually).

I went back to Tython to wrap up some quests I missed earlier, and its like all the Jedi there are mocking me... I'm running around shirtless now just for the hell of it.