Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

Honestly, I like hoods very much but I can understand, if people spend some time with naking his char attractive to them, they may be dissapointed about permanent hoods. I am for toggling tho I really do not care if my char will be hooded or not. But I have another question. Are consulars chests hooded as well? I now it is trivial but as I said I like hoods and I am looking forward to run around hooded. :rolleyes: I tried to look for some thread about consulars and hoods but without result. Can anybody tell me please?

Apologizes to knights that one dirty consular posted to their forum. :D

Edited by Apollyonus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since beta I was asking for a hood toggle. It's extremely unfair to Jedi Knight's to have 99% of our armor have hoods up. Every other class can hide their helmet and still see their toon's face/hair. There is a big emphasis on story and seeing our characters during cut scenes. However, what's the point if I'm staring at the side of a hood. The ability to toggle a hood up/down needs to be added yesterday...

I first participated in BETA one year ago and when we had to fill out survey's about game play I would always put this in. It is rediculous to think a Jedi would walk around all the time with their hood up. With as many cut scenes and close ups of your character as there are in the game this should be considered a preference of the player not something forced onto the player.

I agree with the point of "Why did I spend the time customizing my characters look when I don't even get to see it?" I have felt that way since the begining.

However, so far this is the only gripe I have with the game. I am sure with as many people there are speaking out about it BioWare will fix it in a patch at some point. I just wish they would have done something about it when people in BETA were talking about it.

Man is that depressing. OK, anyone with the stomach to keep going staring at a hood, let us know if hood down armor turns up in Acts II or III. I am benching my Guardian at 12 in his last hood down chest piece until this issue is addressed. Devs, please let us know what you intend to do about this. Thank you.

I am almost done with Act I. I will keep you posted on Act II and beyond :-)

Either way I am sure BioWare will eventually fix this, just may take a few months until the first major content patch.

Either way I am sure BioWare will eventually fix this, just may take a few months until the first major content patch.

Thank you. You are awesome. I'm glad there are brave people like you out there who can bare to suffer under the hood to bring knowledge to the rest of us. :)

Because of this, lots of people are starting to use that orange PvP armor, and even if it actually shows your character it looks so ugly I wonder if the designer had a really bad day. And they removed the matching color system because it made gear look more or less the same. Well this problem is even worse now when almost all Jedi's running around are hooded. This is actually my biggest problem with the game so far. When will developers take the importance character diversity and choice more seriously when it comes to how you look.

I lost gameplay interest.

First I decided to stop playing with my Guardian, because of the hood. Rolled another toon. And another. I then realized, that I WANT to play with the character I`ve grown to love. I can not feel attached if I have more toons, and I would reroll eventually when I reached endgame, but you just don`t watch 3 movies in the same time.

So now I don`t even want to play. Sucks, and I know it might seem like a small thing, but the fact of the matter is, I want to love my toon, and I can not love one that looks dumm or annoys me.

I wonder if there is something that we could do to have a dev address this issue, or at least tell us BW`s point of view and what we can expect (and when)

/sign

BioWare, please insert hood toggle.

ty :)

It would make more sense seeing we all picked out a hair style that we liked. I want to enjoy my hair style and not with every armor that I pick up to have a hood.

Sort of tempted to buy a Trooper chest, rob it of it's mods and replace it with Jedi Mods in it.

While it's not enough for me not to want to play my character I very much agree that this is a feature that needs to be implemented like... yesterday. It is completely immersion-breaking to have more than 50 percent of the players around you (yes, force-users tend to be popular before and at launch) look like carbon copies of yourself. By letting the hood down you will see that it's in fact your character. Some will think the hoods are cool and keep them up and some will never have them up due to the baldness problem (which probably is impossible to get around due to some of the fabulous hairstyles).

And some will never have them up and be bald because they're Twi'leks. :(

I have to say, it's more annoying than I thought. I just really have no interest in the other Republic races, but at the same time the hood issue is really bugging me.

It seems like we should be getting it:

1. Twi Lek hoods toggle off, so it's very possible.

2. There are a ton of hood down Guardian armors we have seen in videos and screenshots so they are ready to go.

3. When Consulars complained in Beta that they wanted pants, they were added in, so if they weren't going to do it, it seems weird that they would only have hood up options rather than making an even mix.

4. Helmets push the hood back, so esentially there is already a hood toggle.

5. Hide Helmet is in, so it's not like the Devs don't know that people want to look at their character's face, and the unfairness of this to only some of the classes is just sort of blatant.

6. Almost ALL of the Guardian marketing is of the hood down.

7. All of the Jedi on Tython and all of the Jedi NPC's in the game have the hood down.

9. The guy on the box is a hood down Guardian.

10. Stephen Reid said straight up on Twitter it was going in the game.

11. It's not launch yet, and there are still actual bugs in the game that are a bigger priority.

BUT all this is conjecture until a Dev addresses it. How can we get them to?

Found one! Not moddable, but I bought a Prototype Gamorrean Bronzium Chestplate usable at 17 at the GTN. Not sure where it drops, but it exists. It's plus STR Heavy armor. Looks like the robes that drop on Taris but the hood is down.

So they are in the game, but few and far between. Looking forward to seeing if you find any. Still want a hood toggle though, as many of the hood up ones look way better than this one if only the hood would come down. At least I have an option through Level 22 or so on the bright side. Hopefully I will find at least one moddable one soon. Will keep you posted.

EDIT: Bad news is it's purple and has a cape and Ace Frehley style shoulder pads. So not very Jedi-ish but at least there's hope for the future.

Edited by JohnRoy

This is game-breaking for me. If all this game has to offer is story, then the way we experience the story should be the most important thing right now to fix. Is Bioware going to wait until I'm level 50 to fix this? After all the story is finished? If so, I'm not resubbing. Period.

Can i ask, who here is at end game? or even past level 35 for that matter? gear is something to be achieved in an mmo. Complain about aesthetics later on, in end game when content has been explored. don't expect all your goodies right out the door. this is an MMO. go work for it.

Wrong and Wrong and Wrong, A MMO is a game that is to be enjoyed from Lvl 1 to LvL cap, No where and no how should anyone have to wait until end game to have fun or be happy or enjoy themselves or the look of thier toon, That idea is archaic as the concept that the world is flat.

As for Johnroy, Im at 31 in game now Jedi Gaurdian and there is NO not EVEN ONE SINGLE PC OF HEAVY ARMOR CHEST PC GEAR ORANGE,PURPLE,BLUE or otherwise Moddable for sale from Commendation vendors or rewards from Quest givers that does not HAVE THE FREAKING HOOD UP after about lvl 13.

I havent seen my toons face since last tuesday. My Padawan kissed me tonight in a cut scene know what I saw ? THe very back of her head stuffed inside my STUPID HOOD and my HOOD Covering the entire cutscne with that exception of her pony tail sticking out.

Its Stupid and a horribly aggravating oversite to not put varity in the game. They are the newest Kid on the block and yet they dont have things the oldest games have. YOu dont launch equal to what was you launch equal to what is or take steps beyond.

People have only asked for an A-Tab for oh 3 years now and been ignored for just as long. The Mod system does NOTHING for apperance customization, You get to choose WITHIN thier limited vison and they are saying Guardians dont have faces just talking canvas.

Wrong and Wrong and Wrong, A MMO is a game that is to be enjoyed from Lvl 1 to LvL cap, No where and no how should anyone have to wait until end game to have fun or be happy or enjoy themselves or the look of thier toon, That idea is archaic as the concept that the world is flat.

As for Johnroy, Im at 31 in game now Jedi Gaurdian and there is NO not EVEN ONE SINGLE PC OF HEAVY ARMOR CHEST PC GEAR ORANGE,PURPLE,BLUE or otherwise Moddable for sale from Commendation vendors or rewards from Quest givers that does not HAVE THE FREAKING HOOD UP after about lvl 13.

I havent seen my toons face since last tuesday. My Padawan kissed me tonight in a cut scene know what I saw ? THe very back of her head stuffed inside my STUPID HOOD and my HOOD Covering the entire cutscne with that exception of her pony tail sticking out.

Its Stupid and a horribly aggravating oversite to not put varity in the game. They are the newest Kid on the block and yet they dont have things the oldest games have. YOu dont launch equal to what was you launch equal to what is or take steps beyond.

People have only asked for an A-Tab for oh 3 years now and been ignored for just as long. The Mod system does NOTHING for apperance customization, You get to choose WITHIN thier limited vison and they are saying Guardians dont have faces just talking canvas.

This times a thousand. My interest in the game seriously dropped when entering Tatooine. It was insanely fun at first but at this rate, the more bugs I find, the more oversights, the little things here and there, both graphically as well as gameplay-wise, the less interested I feel finishing up to level 50. I can't even do main quests because the JK class is so horribly broken. I waited 5 years and nearly a year long delay for this game to come out, only for it to come up short due to bugs and oversights. I'm not entirely sure I'll resub, lets see if I can get to level 50 before they fix this very EASILY fixable and minor thing. If they can't, they've lost me as a customer, and I would've at least finished 1/8th of the main story at least.

To be completely honest I'm absolutely amazed by the fact a role playing game that has not exactly tried to keep it a secret that its first and foremost focus is on the storytelling ("start YOUR saga") is about to be launched without the option to actually display your character. What's worse is that this is not just something that affects one or two classes (which would still be a huge problem), but a whopping 50% of the classes and arguably the most iconic ones.

To not implement this feature would be for them to shoot themselves in their feet, especially considering what they're trying to do with this game and what they're trying to bring to the MMO table that no other game has done before. Why bother implementing a "hide head slot" option when 8 out of 16 classes are forced into robes with hoods that make their characters appear to be mannequins with no distinguishing features?

Upon early access I rolled a "Robe" and I know that I want to play this class as my main. Problem is I don't want to play this character now as I know that I will enjoy the story so much more once the feature is in (and I'm fairly sure it will be someday because it's truly essential). I guess I could have some fun on an alt, experiencing another storyline and whatnot, but not knowing when I'll be able to get back to playing my main and enjoying the story without overlooked features completely breaking the immersion is disheartening to say the least.

If I knew that we were never going to be able to toggle the hoods I would be pissed off for sure but I would at least be able to go on playing my class. Now I don't want to as I don't feel like running through the story as a mannequin when I could enjoy running through the story as the character I actually designed when I started playing. I wish they'd at least talk to us so that we know what to expect but I suppose they have more pressing matters. Removing real, gamebreaking bugs will be a higher priority than implementing even the most essential features.

Edited by Meatrose

LOL it really did it for me.

Yesterday while I was logged in I was barely playing, today I did not log in at all. Forced re-roll because of this £$%^$^& HOOD in the middle of my story just got to me.

Small thing this hood down feature, or hood down versions offered with same stats during quests as well, but it actually is a dealbreaker.

i find myself using the forums and watching videos of the game rather then playing it.

Bummer.

One of the devs mentioned that this option might make it in for launch. Can anyone in the game confirm?

I know I am coming into this thread late a bit though this topic jogged my memory on something.

Developers said they may setup a toggle hood (alongside toggle head) piece.

However a question was posed to them that takes it one step further.

The request was that there is a bindable/hotbutton-able feature that let's you lower your hood at anytime.

I.e. you're about to start a battle, and you want to role play a little. You activate the command and your character removes their hood, (and possibly outter cloak if wearing one). Then proceeds to fight. When the fight has commenced, your character puts their hood back up.

Just think when Darth Maul removes his after the elevator doors open etcetc

I also believe it would be wise that they give more Jedi armor that revolves around the Padawan look i.e. Obi Wan http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/pictures_pics/ss/obi_wan_kenobi_1.jpg or Mace Windu's garments.

Currently (and I'm not usually concerned about armor looks...) there are way too many robes of either the tight waist variation or the wannabe sith lord (with the big flying cape).

In fact, I find it strange that there's so many hooded robes, or robes in general for that matter. I know canon and lore isn't supposed to be followed 100%, but throughout the films, we rarely see any Jedi cloaked or hooded except when they are trying to be inconspicuous(or just keep their hair dry).

I can slightly see the Sage/Shadow classes being more inclined to wear robes(especially as they are made out of CLOTH.. honestly,,heavy armor...cloth who thought that one up?), but none the less, 9/10 Jedi have a robe or robe/cloak combination.

And to really stir the pot, non Jedi can wear robe garments, and they simply slot in the modifications they want. There's no incentive really for people to NOT wear a robe, and since robes are (or were) the 'l33tz c00ln3ss' then what did Bioware think was going to happen?

LOL it really did it for me.

Yesterday while I was logged in I was barely playing, today I did not log in at all. Forced re-roll because of this £$%^$^& HOOD in the middle of my story just got to me.

Small thing this hood down feature, or hood down versions offered with same stats during quests as well, but it actually is a dealbreaker.

i find myself using the forums and watching videos of the game rather then playing it.

Bummer.

Er, maybe you should takea little break!

But really, ever heard of first person? Don't have to see yourself, and you'll pay attention to what you're doing more intently. That can't be bad can it?

Edited by Ranebow

a bindable/hotbutton-able feature that let's you lower your hood at anytime.

I.e. you're about to start a battle, and you want to role play a little. You activate the command and your character removes their hood

Thanks but personally I would have to say no thanks to that! While such a thing would be pretty cool, even for someone like me who doesn't care about RP at all, I wouldn't want them to take that route as that would require all new animations for all models which means that it would take a good while before it's implemented. I just want the ability to toggle between hood up and hood down (which is not equal to hood completely missing) and I think it should've been added the second it became clear that there will be robes in the game (in other words from the very beginning) just like how the sheer existence of head slot armor makes it obvious that a hide head slot function needs to be added. It's basically the same function and you would use it for the exact same reasons. To have one but not the other makes me think that this was simply overlooked during development.

Edited by Meatrose