Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

You don't have the Sentinel piece with the big "round neck" and no hood that the guy in the video has?

Of course we don't.

There's only two models for the Sentinels.

- Ugly bathrobe you get at level 10 (hood and fat butt)

- Ugly caped tunique ( hood only )

We only have colour swap / reskin of that. That is all. Great right ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to post here, solely for the reason that I do not like this either.

It is really disappointing, that we pick a character appearance in the beginning of the game, only to have their face covered for most of the game. Furthermore, we've been shown models, where the hoods are off, on the similar or even the same type of the apparel. Why bother making characters unique, when the hood on always completelly kills it?

I could go on, regarding character look as well - I lack the possibility to customize the character even after you create them, even if it was by a vendor. Old SW Galaxies had that, so why a modern Star Wars game shouldn't allow that? I could also critize the quality of textures of my Jedi Knight; they are in ridiculously low-res, that they seem so awfully blurred when you look closer...and yes, I play on the highest possible graphics settings.

People (yes, looking at you, devs) may think these are small things, but for me, Star Wars was always about immersion & characters. I want to make the character to my own liking and it seems I can't...

Great job on keeping this thread active everyone. Looking around the other class forums, this thread seems to have the most posts and views other than our own Kira bug thread, which was already addressed in this latest patch (note they said it will only be fixed for new players but they're aware of it, and will eventually make a fix for those who already did the DS flirt option).

Now we just have to hope the devs acknowledge this. The nice thing about this is once acknowledged, it should be fairly simple to implement, at least more simple than fixing a broken quest.

I've all but quit playing my knight character for the time being, just running space missions for fun here and there now. However, I have faith a fix will come if we stay vocal on this issue.

Wade, I think the large butt issue is just as important, as it ruins any male Jedi with a type 2 body from side view.

I kind of agree. I think this one is slightly more important, because we know the hood down robes are in the game already (character creation screen, every single NPC Jedi) whereas the huge butt thing may or may not be a physics issue and be slightly more complicated to fix.

Also, the butt thing only effects certain players (admittedly, a majority but still), while all of us are screwed by the hood thing.

Thankfully, both threads are very active, so there is some slim hope. After the Kira situation is resolved, I think these two things will be the next most glaring for the Knight class, and will hopefully be addressed.

All I really want is at least some acknowledgement from a dev that no, this is not what they intended and yes, they do intend to fix it.

I think BW will never fix this and if they do, only on next xpac.

Why? It's a simple fix, the art is already done in many cases, the hoods already disappear for Twi'Leks, it would make lots of people happy, and it would be in line with what they advertised for years. It seems obvious that they would fix it very soon to me. Why do you think they won't? Not being a jerk. Just curious.

Seriously, hoods need a toggle.. They are good at times, yes, but not for the entire game! And personally, I'm not fond of seeing a bald female head half hidden behind a hood!

It ruins every cinematic out there! :mad:

Edited by Asacledhae

Please implement this feature as soon as possible. It really makes a difference from a role play perspective, and while for some this may seem like a small thing, it really is a game breaker for myself and others.

The best possible solution would be an appearance tab system like LOTRO, but even simply making the "show helmet" toggle in the UI settings apply to the hood on chest pieces would be a HUGE improvement.

At the minimum, at least add some mod-able Jedi armors that do not have the hood (the monstrosity that is the lvl 20 PvP armor doesn't count....yikes what an awful design)

It is a big deal. Why be the only class that can't look at the character they created? Why should anyone have to do this? Knowing that no gear that doesn't make you hooded and bald in the many hours of cut scenes that form the heart of this game is coming your way takes all the fun out of getting new chestpieces, and getting new gear is one of the fun things about MMO's. It makes you stuck with one or two tolerable looks and that's it.

And an appearance tab won't fix this, because you would simply be picking from the options that are in the game, and right now, there are hardly any no-hood options to choose from that make you look remotely like a Jedi. Basically just the robes from Tython.

We need the hood down versions of at least the moddable armors in the game, but we really need a hood toggle which would get us back to being able to look forward to getting new gear, which is honestly one of the main sources of fun in an MMO, which we currently cannot enjoy if we want to look like our character as we created them or as our class was presented to us on this website and the Creation Screen.

I'm just posting to bump the thread again, as this issue is driving me CRAZY.

If Bioware wanted me to be a Jawa, I should have had the option to make my Jedi Knight 3 feet tall with glowing yellow eyes.

Edited by eGraced

The lack of unhooded options is extremely dissapointing. I understand that development can be difficult, but unhooded robes should have been implemented from the start.

They were!

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/j...ght-guardian-0

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka-0

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka-1

They just weren't put in the game. They are sitting in a file on some Bioware computer. If you want to look at one in 3D start a new Jedi Knight. You can rotate him around and zoom in. Take a good look because it's the last time you will ever see him in that armor.

The best part about this whole issue is how easy it is for BW to fix it and make us all happy.

They're in the game too.

Other than the character creator, all NPC Jedi also have unhooded robes.

They just aren't in the game as loot for the player, that's all. I swear, its so obvious they intended to have it be a toggle option and just haven't implemented it yet, because there's no way they'd make hooded the default when all NPC Jedi have them unhooded.

Btw, if the caped look doesn't bug you too much there are a few caped options that aren't hooded. I'm using one now. Not a huge fan myself, but I'll settle until we can get some answer on hood down robes.

Edited by wadecounty

They're in the game too.

Other than the character creator, all NPC Jedi also have unhooded robes.

They just aren't in the game as loot for the player, that's all. I swear, its so obvious they intended to have it be a toggle option and just haven't implemented it yet, because there's no way they'd make hooded the default when all NPC Jedi have them unhooded.

Btw, if the caped look doesn't bug you too much there are a few caped options that aren't hooded. I'm using one now. Not a huge fan myself, but I'll settle until we can get some answer on hood down robes.

As a Guardian, I know of only one caped look that isn't hooded that is Heavy Armor, and it is a Bronzium Prototype crafted set and it is not moddable. You outlevel it around 22 or so. If there are more, please let me know, especially if they are moddable. Always want options.

I have the hood down Medium 11 Sentinel set that am modding up and just taking the armor hit.

Was just in a Warzone with some Knights in their 40's and it made me sad how awesome the armor they had on would look on my character if only it didn't also make him hooded and bald.

Lack of color matching hurts Trooper a lot. (Captainnnn Rainbow)

While the lack of hood on/off hurts Jedi Knight a lot. (What's up mr.bald and all the face blocking in the cut scenes)

:(

Uh I know I hate that the didn't put the unify colors in at launch it is very disappointing. That was one of my favorite things about the beta was the unify color option.