Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Proof People are Leaving...

antOWNio

Even if these stats are accurate, which I'd bet my salary they arent, it doesnt mean anything yet.

They could be raising the server cap, as they said they would.

Rift could have done the same thing over time, which btw, is an amazing game with an amazing dev team that consistantly pumps out content. After being released less than a month ago, Bioware announced the first major content patch. You think they arent gearing to pump out a lot of content frequently? This game is here to stay. The population is here to stay.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That excuse that the devs boosted the pop cap for all of the servers is lame and BS.. Why would they keep adding servers because of queue times, AND THEN LATER BOOST THE CAP FOR ALL SERVERS? That does not even make sense.. Why wouldnt they just boost the pop cap for the servers with queues in the first place? no they are going to wait til they add a bunch of light pop servers and then boost the server caps for all of the servers..

I swear fanboys will make and damn excuse...

ehm, so populations are spread out evenly, and there is room for future players?

If they followed your brilliant approach and boosted the pop cap from the beginning, then these fewer servers would be capped from the start, and new players would have to roll in... new empty servers.

Guess what... every new player would try to squeeze into the heavily popped servers and then... queues again, this time permanently since there would be no more pop cap to raise.

They lost almost 2 million worldwide with cataclysm... they're gonna lose even more with that pokemon panda patch.

Yep, I know a few who are not happy with Kung Fu Pandas. But it's WoW doing it not TOR. WoW is looking to the Asian market, which I suppose isn't a dumb move, but something they have to do to survive.

well you do know also some of this pop drop is poeple vacation are ending and heading back to school, collage, work and the like right ?

i myself i'm work/collage( IT schooling and IT work, retainer so i work random hours) but for swtor reelase and all i have loag in daily for at lest 4 hours+ now most poeple are not as luck and having to cut game time for schooling and work so not supprising the population dropping at times due to them being busy.

Well I left after playing about 6 months when I got my beta invite for SWTOR. So I'd like to think I gave it a fair shake. AND I will add I did not make an "I QUIT" thread or any predictions of it's failure. I just left.

Like a proper, rational adult

No. I'm saying that when you make up a number to quantify that, you weaken your argument.

What did I make up exactly? All i know is that I haven't done anything but Huttball for the past 3 days and I've probably done 50 PvP matches. We have next to no Republic players on our server.

Rift is still a good example, however, of the typical MMO population curve that the fans here somehow think TOR is going to avoid. As good and as highly praised as Rift is, it still dropped from 1 million-ish members to half that within about 3 months, and now is down to around 300 to 350K after 10 months.

Difference is, that's phenomenal success for a game like Rift, created by a previously unknown developer, on a $50 million budget. For TOR, that would be abject failure.

I absloutely agree Rift is highly profitable with 300 k subs i mean highly. they didnt liscense an IP they made their own engine and they have zero fingers in their pie. they have complete control over the devolpment of their game and a probably one of the best minds in the genre at the helm.

people are back to work or school. the two servers i play on, the average population goes back up during late afternoon into the evening on weekdays. Weekends it goes up a bit especially during peak hours. nothing like how it was during the holidays.

And isn't it amazing. It sounds like they almost wish the server queues, which many said would be resolved after the holidays, are what they now miss.

Odd to say the least.

Anyway, this is a rehash of a roll post that appeared last week. Not only the OP got shamed by the author of the tool he was suing as reference, it came up OP was a notorious troll on wow forums where he had multiple accounts to aid in his trolling and got banned (xugos). he started doing it here too and was caught in the act, during that thread. Reid spoke about this.

so close the thread already ffs

This is not proof. End of story.

The phrase you were looking for is unsubstantiated speculation.

I could also find a suitable time of the day a few weeks in a row to make it appear that WoW is dying.

Facts. Figures. Try them out.

Edit: Oh is this a Xugos alt thread? Explains a lot.

Edited by Grammarye