In all honesty...if you can't find groups for FPs and HMs...you shouldn't play MMOs.

einsoff

I rather spend 2 minutes in queue finding a party than spending 30 mins trying to find a party by spamming chat. Even in a guild it can take a while or having a busy friend list.

Sorry but unlike some people i have a life and rather not spend 30 minutes on finding a party.

Cant wait til they implement a LFG tool, cause its gonna happen. Like it or not.

This.

I don't have time per game session to spend 30 minutes, usually closer to an an hour, sometimes a hour+, finding a group. Most people don't have that kind of time per game session.

Being able to sit on yer backside all day long isn't a per-requisite for playing mmos. If it were this genre would have stayed with EQ sub numbers being acceptable.

My observations show that it's not so much finding a group, its the lack of patience with players.

The majority of the time that I join other players groups, if they don't get everything set up within 10-20 minutes they just rage quit and explain there discontent with no LFG system.

Don't get me wrong, I was severely annoyed when I advertised for an hour asking for a single healer. I was about to apologize and disband, but right after I shot my last message out there I received a PST for a healer willing to join up.

Patience young one

I'd say that it must be you that's the "young one" since obviously you don't have a job, or a family, or even a moderate school load, or any of the myriad of time constraints, most people that play mmos today have. Edited by Umbral

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My observations show that it's not so much finding a group, its the lack of patience with players.

The majority of the time that I join other players groups, if they don't get everything set up within 10-20 minutes they just rage quit and explain there discontent with no LFG system.

With many, it's simply a case of limited free time. Many of us are in the position that we only have so many hours a day to relax. After working 9-10 hours with barely a lunch break because various things went hay-wire at work, I'm not about to risk what spare free time I have trying to form a group that may never come together. If 20 minutes pass and we still can't find a tank, then sorry but it's time for some Battlefield 3 or Haruki Murakami.

try it republic side, with 43 people in the fleet in prime time.....go on then come here and post your ********.

So you are telling us, that there are only 43 people on your whole server online? Even if you play at 5 am, this is most likely not true.

I play at weird hours sometimes and there are always a few hundred people online. Not all are 50 yet - thats true but in a few weeks they will, why not lvl a second char in the meanwhile?

It does take a bit more work, but maintaining a friends list ultimately leads to more entertainment while doing group stuff as well. Knowing who you're running with will almost always make things go smoother, and most importantly you know you're not inviting jerks who are going to waste everyone's time being rude.

I don't know which game your playing, but it doesn't work like that.

I play MMORPGs since Everquest which didn't have an LFG tool and was entirely group focused so you had to use your imagination to find/make a group.

Yet in SWTOR is impossible and what you suggest is quite naive. Sticking everyone on your friend list just because they played with you once, won't let them remember about you. You have more chances contacting ramdom people and asking them if they want to run an instance with you.

Truth is the LFG system in TOR is awful, the fact that the chat channels are local basically makes it impossible to find a group in less tha 20 minutes.

It' s just bad design from Bioware. Even EQ a 10 yo game had an universal chat where people could spam the LFG message.

Not good enough Bioware

So you are telling us, that there are only 43 people on your whole server online? Even if you play at 5 am, this is most likely not true.

I play at weird hours sometimes and there are always a few hundred people online. Not all are 50 yet - thats true but in a few weeks they will, why not lvl a second char in the meanwhile?

What does them getting to 50 have to do with anything? Everyone getting to 50 is not going to make one iota difference in wait times for groups. Everyone getting to max level has never made an iota of difference in wait times to find groups in any other mmo where there wasn't a LFD tool, and there's absolutely no reason to think it'll be different in SWTOR. It's just a "band-aid" statement thrown out there to try and appease people for the short term so they don't cancel their sub after the free month. :rolleyes: Edited by Umbral

I never got what people have agaist a LFG tool. If you don´t like it just don´t use it. You can still whisper your special people on friend list etc.

It just a helpful tool for people that like to do other things while waiting for a group.

Just to let you guys know...it is 1030 server time, and I am running hard mode false emperor with people from my friends list. time to organize: 3 minutes. Hardly peak hours. :)

And last month I was able to down the last boss of Dragonsoul raid in LFR after waiting five minutes in LFR,whats your point?

He's not lying, if you can't find groups and what not for FPs and HMs you shouldn't play [this] MMO.

I really liked the LFG - tool in wow. Just click the mouse button and within minutes you are playing group content with other people no matter what level. Or in Rift, where you can join public groups just with a click of a mouse button and enjoy group content.

That's what MMO's should be. They should make it easy to group and play with others. Isn't that the whole idea of MMO's?

no try reading again. IN THE FLEET....is what I said.

As there is no cross server chat, thats all that matters (still I bet those, let me check, 6 people in illum really add to the pool of players, esp as 2 of them are below 20...).

And not all of those in the fleet are at my level range of course.

I'll jsut check again. Ok its gone up, 49 people now...

He said at fleet not the server. Since that tends to be one of the places people flock to in the game it was an example to show that not all servers have the same populations hence making it more difficult to group.

...and what does being level 50 have to do with anything? Better yet if for some reason that is a point your suggestion is that they should go level another toon? Really?

Dumbest thread I've ever seen OP... Not a personal attack... but the math is simple.

For Flashpoints: 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps. 25% tank, 25% heals, 50% dps.

For Ops: 1 tank, 2-3 heals, 4-5 dps. 12.5% tank, 25% heals, 62.5% dps.

The majority of SKILLED players want to raid, and build guild and freind comps off of that.

That leaves heals and dps over populated for flashpoints.

Now if for flashpoints its balanced.... that leaves tanks over populated for Operations.

Fail design is fail.

Note that there is a difference in servers.. Some where up since the 13th of Dec... AKA well populated and people are hitting 50 left and right.

SOME where only started the 20th. (like the one my GF is on) There are no lvl 50's on those servers yet. I'm not joking. She is lvl 45 and has like 10 people on the planet with her.

Having said that... The OP is correct. You should not wait till you hit 50 to find friends. you should be finding them along the way and then when you are 50 you have a nice friendslist of people who will get there soon/are 50 already and you can group with.

Be careful what you wish for,

Elitist jerk tells players to go back to wow,

Players go back to wow leaving him in a dead game,

Elitist jerk goes back to wow.

open your mind a tiny fraction and you will understand there are different people around who like/want different things.

oh, and please stop telling people to leave my game.

Most mmo players of today don't expect to be added to some random person's friend's list, or to add some random person to their friend's list. In fact, most people find that very rude.

Obviously you yourself are the recluse.

While I don't add everyone - I often add any players who I find to be worthy in a group and promptly notify them. They often do the same.

This is one of the most rude things anyone can do in a mmo. Not only that, but try being a tank or healer when people think it's fine to whisper you out of the blue all game session long.

My opinion is that it is you that has absolutely no idea about mmos and how things work in modern mmos. The internet, and the mmo genre, has become a place to be very wary of as far as "letting in" relatively random people. There's all kinds of weird, angry at the world, malevolent, drama filled, players out there. Doing an instance run with them is one thing. Having anyone you have ever grouped with think it's ok to whisper, invite, etc etc. is entirely another.

This thread was started by yet another that's either living in a past looked at through very rose coloured glasses (meaning a past that never was), or simply "thinking" it should work, because, "well, everyone in the world is just like me....right?"

While I find it quite annoying for players to just PM me out of the blue asking for my help - it is not at all intrusive to simply invite someone to a group (Verbally invite, not just send an invite."

There is a big difference between "Hey, can you help us out?" And " Hey there, were doing a group for Maelstrom and I was just curious if you'd be interested. Your welcome to join if you are, thanks."

While I disagree with the OP you quoted, I also disagree with your logic that "EVERYONE" reacts the same. This is a direct contradiction with your argument since you seem to be convinced that the OP is self absorbed and that he/she feels that if it's ok to them, then its ok to everyone.

/Fail at generalization.

@OP.

Telling players to leave the game just because you deem them unworthy is not only selfish, but it's very immature.

Everyone will want something different. While I oppose an LFG system that would encourage players to simply tab a button and queue up for a flashpoint, I think having a more revised LFG then we currently have would be no great detriment to the game.

Your methods may work for you (personally I find them very obtrusive and obnoxious.) They won't work for everyone.

Edited by Elyons

I still do not understand why people are against a LFG tool?

Its gonna happen, it may start with a same server tool then expand to cross server tool cause eventually it will be needed for the lower levels and for HM FPs when everyone is fully raid geared.

For a cross server tool you meet ******es, but you also meet them on your server, i rather meet the ******es that i wont see again rather than the ones i am stuck with on the same server.