Operatives need a buff, Sorcerers need a nerf

Rawrifficus

So for the first time I fought an intelligent sorcerer and wow! I wasn't even able to touch him because he kited me like a pro. I'm not going to say what he did because I'm not going to help all the terrible sorcerers learn to play, but it only took him 4 abilities to woop my ***. Anyways I am certainly looking forward to 50 only warzones, most of the qq about operatives will most likely die down once these idiots realize all this burst is mainly happening against non 50 or fresh 50 people.!

Get outplayed, nerf the class of the guy that outplayed you?

Operative burst just gets worst past 50, the amount of surge rating on their gear just makes the problem worse.

If i'm fighting an operative on my sorcerer, and my trinket isn't on cooldown, and their vanish IS on cooldown, then I can usually beat them. Otherwise i'll usually be dead, or close to dead within their opener.

edit: Sorcerers are bad because they die within a stun... wait what?

Edited by Aidank

So for the first time I fought an intelligent sorcerer and wow! I wasn't even able to touch him because he kited me like a pro. I'm not going to say what he did because I'm not going to help all the terrible sorcerers learn to play, but it only took him 4 abilities to woop my ***. Anyways I am certainly looking forward to 50 only warzones, most of the qq about operatives will most likely die down once these idiots realize all this burst is mainly happening against non 50 or fresh 50 people.!

Amen.

A half decent Sorc will not lose to a Operative. Too bad there are so many baddies playing Inquisitor that come QQ on forums.

when operative/scoundrel jump on a sorc/sage ... sorc/sage dies in the stunburst

first hit lvl 50, than i bet you wouldn't even read forums..

you would be ganking everybody in the game

LOL no. You would be a bad Sorc. I have jumped on plenty Sorc's and any half decent one does not go down (any that keep their shield on 24/7).

LOL no. You would be a bad Sorc. I have jumped on plenty Sorc's and any half decent one does not go down (any that keep their shield on 24/7).

Have you considered the possibility that maybe you're a bad operative? I play both a scoundrel and a sorcerer and even though my scoundrel is only 42 I rarely lose to 50 sorcerers in 1v1s.

When I do lose it's usually because I didn't get 90% of their health in the opener.

Edited by Aidank

to be fair, fighting operatives is more to do with spec than skill.

the right spec will wipe the floor with them, the wrong spec and you eat dirt, assassins/shadows on the other hand, much harder class to fight.

Edited by Adzzy

God bless baddies with metrics systems.

Who's the baddy? You look at yourself in the mirror.

Have you considered the possibility that maybe you're a bad operative? I play both a scoundrel and a sorcerer and even though my scoundrel is only 42 I rarely lose to 50 sorcerers in 1v1s.

When I do lose it's usually because I didn't get 90% of their health in the opener.

You would either be lying or playing terrible Sorc's... which there are plenty. Either way, it just proves my point.

And no, I have not considered the possibility I am bad because I've been in top 100 US WoW guilds and ranked top 100 (for brief intervals) in different RTS games. So no... its not me. You guys yes. Me... no.

Who's the baddy? You look at yourself in the mirror.

You would either be lying or playing terrible Sorc's... which there are plenty. Either way, it just proves my point.

And no, I have not considered the possibility I am bad because I've been in top 100 US WoW guilds and ranked top 100 (for brief intervals) in different RTS games. So no... its not me. You guys yes. Me... no.

Wait so you're good at starcraft therefore you're an expert at playing operatives?

Um okay

My team won a baseball tournament once so I guess that makes me an authority on sorcerers.

You're so full of it. The shield absorbs 3k damage on a 30 second cooldown.

I highly doubt you cant make 3k damage. Then again you are obviously bad, so who knows....

Maybe you are mistaking a Tanks guard for the Static Barrier...

You're so full of it. The shield absorbs 3k damage on a 30 second cooldown.

I highly doubt you cant make 3k damage. Then again you are obviously bad, so who knows....

Maybe you are mistaking a Tanks guard for the Static Barrier...

Ah Shoot First/Hidden Strike hits for about 3k damage on a geared person (about 5k crit) assuming Champion Weapon/Offhand (which I have). It mitigates a big part of the burst damage... especially if they have it specced where you get CC'd if you break it. I only use Columni Relic (for 220 Surge and Crit) and no I have never broke 6k damage in a single hit even against a level 10.

There is a guild of all Inquisitors that play on my server... all they do is stay together and have their shield up 24/7 all the time. I would knock one to the ground, stun myself (doing maybe 1-2k damage after shield), he would run, I would vanish and open again, have him down to about 50%, he would stun run a ways a start firing. I would cripple and catch him, he would cyclone, run further, and then finish me without blowing even AOE knockback. This happened 6 times in a row vs these guys.. and no... they are not any better than me. They play their class (which is OP), I play mine. No... I have no more buttons to use to even the odds, they have to many escapes. I rolled Scoundrel DIRECTLY TO COUNTER SORCS because 7/8 Empire on my server are Inquistors. There is no way I should lose to equal or lesser geared Sorc/Sages in any way (unless they catch me out of stealth).... no way. Yet if they use all their buttons and I use all mine they win every time. This is not the way it should be when your class is supposed to be countered by another.

No way.

Edit: I'd like to add that yes when I catch a Sorc without his shield I tear him a new one. But most Sorcs have their shield up almost all the time. No, you cannot wait for it go come down... when they are tearing your team a new one, or opening that door, or claiming that Alderaan point, you cannot wait for that shield to come down. Not at all.

Edited by zizzefex

http://imageshack.us/g/824/screenshot2012011312094.jpg/

Reeno posted this other day. Screenshots of his matches topping damage by 300k over the next highest and even being top in heals while not dying at all as an OP.

The reason there are so many Sorcerers is because of lightning that's pretty much it. Replace the lightning with that lame pebble throw the Jedis have and 70% of sorcerers would reroll. Notice how so few of them are healers?

Heres a nice thread with OPs saying they need to be nerfed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=172104&page=12

Edited by Rhazesx

http://imageshack.us/g/824/screenshot2012011312094.jpg/

Reeno posted this other day. Screenshots of his matches topping damage by 300k over the next highest and even being top in heals while not dying at all as an OP.

The reason there are so many Sorcerers is because of lightning that's pretty much it. Replace the lightning with that lame pebble throw the Jedis have and 70% of sorcerers would reroll. Notice how so few of them are healers?

Heres a nice thread with OPs saying they need to be nerfed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=172104&page=12

Clearly he had a healbot behind him doing nothing but keeping him up. I am sure he was buff stacking his butt off to boot, most of his healing was most likely Rakata Medpacs because Operative healing is terrible when your not specced into it (You only have your direct cast heals and they cost 25/20 energy each cast... you run out of energy after 2 casts).

This does not prove anything.

Sorcerer in disguise!

A half decent Sorc will not lose to a Operative. Too bad there are so many baddies playing Inquisitor that come QQ on forums.

Certain builds should never lose to an Operative with all other things being equal. A 31 point Madness/Balance build has far more tools to deal with them than a 31 point Seer/Corruption.

I've watched the QQ for going on 7 months now. I give credit to Bioware that so far despite massive amounts of whining since at least August they haven't given in to the inaccurate, baseless and often flat out dishonest nonsense spewed on their forums.

Sorcerer was not OP in August when it was the only class with working trees, it was not OP in October when all the other classes got (mostly) working trees and it's not OP now. In fact, I still don't believe any class is OP, some need minor tweaks.

impossible to keep your shield on 24/7 since the debuff last 15 secs , any decent dpser will take your bubble off 1st attack then u re apply and 2/3 hits down the line your bubbleless again with 10 secs to wait before re applying , so that statement was just utter pish

impossible to keep your shield on 24/7 since the debuff last 15 secs , any decent dpser will take your bubble off 1st attack then u re apply and 2/3 hits down the line your bubbleless again with 10 secs to wait before re applying , so that statement was just utter pish

As long as a sorc has some points in lightning spec (which, as far as I am concerned, is a pre-req for a good pvp spec), the shield applies a 4s blind when it gets popped. Therefore, any OP who attacks a sorc will stun himself right off the bat for 4 seconds. If he uses his CC break to get rid of it, a sorc can whirlwind the said operative and heal to full and restart the fight with no issues.

The shield has a cooldown, and can be blasted off fairly quickly even when you spec to have it absorb more. Its not possible to keep the shield up 24/7.

As long as a sorc has some points in lightning spec (which, as far as I am concerned, is a pre-req for a good pvp spec), the shield applies a 4s blind when it gets popped. Therefore, any OP who attacks a sorc will stun himself right off the bat for 4 seconds. If he uses his CC break to get rid of it, a sorc can whirlwind the said operative and heal to full and restart the fight with no issues.

That still isn't "keeping the shield up 24/7" now is it? Nope.

I have been killed by marauder, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by sentinels, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by sorc, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by sage, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by guardian, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by scoundrel, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by operative, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by shadow, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by assassin, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by merc, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by commando, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by vanguard, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by powertech, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by gunslinger, they need a nerf.

I have been killed by sniper, they need a nerf.

Juggers need a buff