Operatives and backstabbing...

RragnarR

Freaking op to the extend of gamebreaking...

This is something I've been getting quite frustrated with the last week. Operative lvl 50 sneaks up - cc you and backstab and wooptidoh you take some 8k damage. Then he does one more little combo and your dead. So basically my sentinel is smoked in a matter of 1.5 seconds...

Now that is op...

This is something I've been getting quite frustrated with the last week. Operative lvl 50 sneaks up - cc you and backstab and wooptidoh you take some 8k damage. Then he does one more little combo and your dead. So basically my sentinel is smoked in a matter of 1.5 seconds...

Now that is op...

lol I today had one stun me (With a full bar) then stab me 3 times for 3k a hit then stunned or what ever that move is that makes you hold ya head and hit me for 4k (amazing thing is i only had about 2k hp left)

My level 50

Her level 36

lol get in the BW you did excellent.

So you claim this OP actually did his intiate, his backstab and another combo in 1.5 seconds? That's 4 GCD's right there which will take 4 seconds. If you get backstabbed by an OP you will die if you're alone, or if your teammates are too slow to stun the OP back. And if you're wandering around solo when you're appearently not very good at the game, it's your own damn fault you die to an OP ^^

lol I today had one stun me (With a full bar) then stab me 3 times for 3k a hit then stunned or what ever that move is that makes you hold ya head and hit me for 4k (amazing thing is i only had about 2k hp left)

My level 50

Her level 36

lol get in the BW you did excellent.

Scoundrels/Operatives under level 40 don't hit that hard. If you're dying to them when they're 36 then you should save some tears for later, it's going to get a lot worse.

So you claim this OP actually did his intiate, his backstab and another combo in 1.5 seconds? That's 4 GCD's right there which will take 4 seconds. If you get backstabbed by an OP you will die if you're alone, or if your teammates are too slow to stun the OP back. And if you're wandering around solo when you're appearently not very good at the game, it's your own damn fault you die to an OP ^^

Though the their posts are a bit of an over exaggeration. This thread and video are a little more accurate.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=180418

This video is an operative who does not have or use biochem. I know this, because the video was linked by the owner of the video on these threads, and he stated he does not use biochem.

Edited by Tycoon

Earlier today a lvl 41 melee Operative opened on a guild mate of mine in huttball and dropped him to 50% hp before he was out of the CC because his break and was on CD. Sure, we promptly blew up the Operative, but that's because the person the operative chose to open on was a Valor rank 71 Marauder in nearly full battlemaster gear instead of the valor ranked 61 sorcerer in full centurion gear standing right next to him.

Gear advantage. Check.

Teammate advantage. Check.

Level advantage. Check.

This isn't a l2p issue. It's a matter of being opened on with your cd's down. My issue isn't that a lowbie is competitive, or anything along those lines. My issue is that the amount of brazen retardation that must be inherent in a class for someone to be so exceptionally careless with their targeting is indicative of how face roll OP's are.

The op played badly and still rolls heads. That's the big issue with operatives right now. apply face to keyboard. win.

Edited by RendakFel

Well in my case, I am sentinel lvl 41 and the operative was lvl 50 and lotsa gear. Also I don't remember for sure if it was 1.5 seconds it took him to kill me, or 3 seconds. Currently I don't have a team that I pvp with, so I sign up solomode like a lot of other people do. Meaning eventhough I wasn't alone, nobody came to my assistance because we were in the thick of it.

So statements like this ...

Originally posted by swefefez

Are in my honest oppinion nothing but trolllololing....

Edited by RragnarR

The issue here is not operative being op its that the buffs that these people are stacking are too potent... perhaps this should be looked into.

^This, only biochem stacking buffs OP is really OP. So i prefer to nerf biochem rakata or make it boe without requirements.

Now that is op...

Put your reflect shield on when they dot you (since all their procs come from a dot and their opener puts a dot on you), slam a 90s cooldown medkit.

Enjoy the free kill.

If you are not playing with healers then sentinel/marauder is a frustrating class. If you are? They are more then fine. If you have Biochem? They are devastating with self heals/rakata heal pack and cooldowns.

Rogues always beat warriors in WoW 1 v 1. Guess what class was better in groups. Warriors. Same thing in this game. Same thing in every MMO. Complaining about dying to a 1 v 1 rogue class is just dumb. It is even dumber when they are far less of a dominant one on one class in this game then other games.

^This, only biochem stacking buffs OP is really OP. So i prefer to nerf biochem rakata or make it boe without requirements.

So 9 k hits on an aoe cleave are balanced?

Killing someone within 4-5 seconds from 30 yards away with stacking is balanced?

Op's scoundrels opening from stealth with a positional requirement with biochem isn't balanced.

Gotcha.

LOL at this forum.

no class should be able to kill any other class in 2-3 attacks that is definition of unbalanced, this has happend in WoW and many other mmo's before and its always considered broken and unbalanced. This will get fixed, it will get nerfed because its not working as intended.

Here is what I know.

There are way too many of these nerf OPs threads now. Meaning, alot of people QQ, but also, there is clearly a problem here.

In every thread, you see a herd of OPs come in and try to defend their class. This proves further that there is a problem, especially since most the "advice" they give is idiotic drivel. In a previous post, one OP suggested "strafing out of LoS" as a means of escape. Truly desperate. Can you escape an OP? Yes, but its not easy against a mediocre player, and almost impossible against a good one.

All this posturing may be for naught. I play Rep, and in pretty much all WZ, 80-100% of opponents are either OP or SI. If you are not being stunlock backstabed, you getting roasted by 3 different arcs of purple lightning at range. Pretty soon half the player base that on the Imp side will be one or the other. This means means that nerfing them will cost BW $$$.

We are dealing with the Mythic Dev team here. They are MASTERS at pandering, delaying, "discussing", and misleading. They SUCK at developing PvP games. Their focus will be the mighty dollar, not player experience.

Nothing will be done about this, not anything that makes sense anyway.

So 9 k hits on an aoe cleave are balanced?

Killing someone within 4-5 seconds from 30 yards away with stacking is balanced?

Op's scoundrels opening from stealth with a positional requirement with biochem isn't balanced.

Gotcha.

LOL at this forum.

What are u talking about? What's your point?