Juggernaut Tier Gear makes my eyes bleed

MykalDay

Like the title says... I seem to remember a gear set from the class progression video that was awesome. Where did that go? Columni, Tionese, and Rakata (imho) all look terrible. We go from looking like a Vader/Malgus warrior to looking like a robot dinosaur. Is it just me? Are there fans of the armor models out there?

Not only do all the Juggernaut tier sets looks very much the same they all look bad. Give us a robe with some armor or just some normal looking armor and I'd be happier. Or in the very least give us the ability to take the mods out and put them into something we actually want to look at.

Am I going to use the tier gear, yes... Am I going to enjoy looking at it, no.

go and look at BH gear and you will be happy with what you have...

btw if pve gear is ugly, use the pvp gear it look decent and are similar if not better than the pve ones

Edited by jonnv

go and look at BH gear and you will be happy with what you have...

btw if pve gear is ugly, use the pvp gear it look decent and are similar if not better than the pve ones

I actually kinda like the BH gear. At least you still look somewhat like a BH. My feet triple in length into dinosaur feet with three toes and claws. No really... take a look next time you're in the fleet, lol.

I actually kinda like the BH gear. At least you still look somewhat like a BH. My feet triple in length into dinosaur feet with three toes and claws. No really... take a look next time you're in the fleet, lol.

Agreed, BH still looks kind of Mandalorian-ish.

Juggernaut however, wow my eyes hurt.

Also is the IA tier literally a Ninja costume!? :d_confused:

You want a heavy armor robe? K.

One drops from Malgus in The False Emperor. It looks so good, I will probably sacrifice the stats to not have to wear the atrocious PVE and PVP chests.

Oh wait, I wont have too when they fix it so you can remove armoring's from that gear.

Edited by Anarachis

One drops from Malgus in The False Emperor. It looks so good, I will probably sacrifice the stats to not have to wear the atrocious PVE and PVP chests.

Oh wait, I wont have too when they fix it so you can remove armoring's from that gear.

How are they going to get around the fact that we're all to low level to use the mods? Currently, if I remember right, tier gear has L57 epic mods?

How are they going to get around the fact that we're all to low level to use the mods? Currently, if I remember right, tier gear has L57 epic mods?

The mods are level 56-58, but only require level 50 to use. You can remove the mods from the gear now, just not the armorings.

i dont mind the gear it looks great atleast compared to all other tiers the only item i dislike in it is the head we should have the head from the marauder and it would look 10 times better.

i hope they up their looks on later tiers of gear on others gear becuse the only good looking imo is the bounty hunter and sith warrior ones :)

What are you talking about? The PVP chest looks utterly awesome. I do agree regarding the junkyard robot raiding set you get, im just glad i can still use the pvp armor without sufferin in terms of stats, as my columi chestpiece has yet to drop.

what i dont get is that all the juggernaut gear looks very simplistic (but still awesome) up until the tier gear. now all of a sudden we get tubes from the arms to the back, weird looking shoulder pieces and claws on our boots? whatever happened to the (great looking, imo) black robe over armor? also, we've been running around with either a robe or a cape since lvl 25, why change that at lvl 50??

all i'm really trying to say is that capes are awesome and i wish i had one.

There is also a hooded robe chest from the Corellia Commendations Vendor.

Primeval Paragon's Body Armor.

It looks awesome. I was very sad to have to swap it for the fugly tier gear.

There is also a hooded robe chest from the Corellia Commendations Vendor.

Primeval Paragon's Body Armor.

It looks awesome. I was very sad to have to swap it for the fugly tier gear.

Speak for yourself. Marauders got stuck with the bulky *** Imperial Guard outfit and the Decepticon look.

When it comes to custom gear options when they allow Armoring to be extractable Juggernauts can have robes/hoods or the Vader look. We get stuck with Vader.

Completely agree here - what were they thinking?! The Jugg armour is attrocious and the utter lack of variations in the design across all 3 Tier 1 armor sets is a joke.

I probably wouldn't have so much of a gripe about it (debatable) if BW hadn't made such a thing about stating that they had dozens and dozens of different armor sets for all the classes in the game. So far I have probably seen about 10 sets in the game for the Jugg and apart from some of the later robes and cape combos (many we share with Marauders) they have all been slightly underwhelming - apart from the armor, hood, robe combo already mentioned.

I just find it weird that they did not include the robe, armor and mask combo from the trailers. So simple - yet utterly iconic. How hard can it be to do that? I'd really like to hear some feedback on that as it strikes me as the most obvious of sets to include for SJs and if anything would have been the sensible choice for our tier 1 sets.

While I'm ranting, I'd also like to enquire where the set shown at the end of the SW (Jugg) progression video went? It seems like bits of it have been used for the Marauder T1 set but not all. That set was pretty slick, I could roll with that.

Edited by JamieM

Like the title says... I seem to remember a gear set from the class progression video that was awesome. Where did that go? Columni, Tionese, and Rakata (imho) all look terrible. We go from looking like a Vader/Malgus warrior to looking like a robot dinosaur. Is it just me? Are there fans of the armor models out there?

Not only do all the Juggernaut tier sets looks very much the same they all look bad. Give us a robe with some armor or just some normal looking armor and I'd be happier. Or in the very least give us the ability to take the mods out and put them into something we actually want to look at.

Am I going to use the tier gear, yes... Am I going to enjoy looking at it, no.

Did you know that the PvE set (tionse, columni, rakata) is exactly the last progression armor set of the video, just with a "different" shoulder armor model? :eek:

Oh yea and the helmet got changed to marauder medium armor, but who cares? :D

Edited by Samurro

Did you know that the PvE set (tionse, columni, rakata) is exactly the last progression armor set of the video, just with a "different" shoulder armor model? :eek:

Oh yea and the helmet got changed to marauder medium armor, but who cares? :D

So the helmet and the shoulders (chest) got changed - so basically the legs and feet are the only pieces to stay. Thanks for clearing that up and yes I see how it's exactly the same as the video. From the waist down.

Nice one.

So the helmet and the shoulders (chest) got changed - so basically the legs and feet are the only pieces to stay. Thanks for clearing that up and yes I see how it's exactly the same as the video. From the waist down.

Nice one.

O,o

It is still the same thing, I agree with you that the earlier "progression video" look suit my taste better, those shoulder are a bit awekward, but it is still a robotish terminator alike style.

And I am not going to tell you how you get the same head model as in the video... :jawa_eek:

edit:

http://imgur.com/N63vY

Edited by Samurro

O,o

It is still the same thing, I agree with you that the earlier "progression video" look suit my taste better, those shoulder are a bit awekward, but it is still a robotish terminator alike style.

And I am not going to tell you how you get the same head model as in the video... :jawa_eek:

edit:

http://imgur.com/N63vY

Sorry I reread my post and it was a bit dick-ish. Apologies.

The head piece in that pic (which i presume is the marauder Tier1 set) is close to the video but I don't know - it just doesn't look quite the same. Something about it is different. Look that's not my main beef - it's really the lack of variation at end game, and since there is only really 1 set style atm for raiders, the onus is on BW to make each class look as objectively awesome as they can. As this game needs to excel in every way to make an impact I am disappointed that this wasn't thought through enough.

Edited by JamieM

When 1.1 hits I suppose you can chose whatever style of gear you like and make it as powerful as battlemaster gear, if you got the battlemaster set for example. There is much differentation offered then, I think.

Edit:

Its exactly the same helm, there are three different colorations available.

Edited by Samurro

Honestly, no Imperial player, regardless of class, can complain about gear sets. That is reserved for Republic players. If you haven't done so, I suggest making a level 10 and checking out all the tier sets for them. You will be SO happy with our sets afterwords. With the exception of troopers, their **** is just..WOW BAD. It's no wonder no one plays Republic.

i dont mind the gear it looks great atleast compared to all other tiers the only item i dislike in it is the head we should have the head from the marauder and it would look 10 times better.

i hope they up their looks on later tiers of gear on others gear becuse the only good looking imo is the bounty hunter and sith warrior ones :)

not if you are in a fat boy character.... I am wearing the Champion chest, and my character is the fat boy body type.... from behind, which is most of the time, it looks like i am a fat ***** wearing a mini skirt....it's aweful...

but aside from that, they should offer something to change the look of the armor. from level 1-50, everyone looks different, then from level 50 and on... everyone looks the same....