George Lucas

QBSlide

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really matter. He was the mastermind behind episodes 1, 2 and 3 and we all saw how great those turned out.
Great movies that were mega successful at the box office?

Had nothing to do with Star Wars fans going back to each one with delusional thoughts.
And what of the people that went back to see say Episode 2 multiple times in theaters? My friend for instance saw Episode 2 in theaters I think at least 5 times while I saw it 3 times. Sure they are plenty of people that dislike and even hated the prequels, but don't try to act like there also aren't many that loved them. Edited by IceManLoneWolf

Doesn't really matter. He was the mastermind behind episodes 1, 2 and 3 and we all saw how great those turned out.

Funny bit of trivia.

During the making of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, his wife was responsible for much of the movies, as she would tell Lucas "This is wrong, this is right".

They divorced and then he made Return of the Jedi ( ewoks and all ) without her input.

This was in an interview he gave years ago.

So in reality, his ex-wife should be getting a lot of the credit for the original movie's success, not him.

Edited by Zorvan

Never ever heard Lukas commenting on "old republic" setting. Not these days nor about two original games

Remember we play "ancient star wars"? So my guess is that he is aware that games exist but his role is limited to reaping royalty.

If anybody has a prooflink please do share

Never ever heard Lukas commenting on "old republic" setting. Not these days nor about two original games

Remember we play "ancient star wars"? So my guess is that he is aware that games exist but his role is limited to reaping royalty.

If anybody has a prooflink please do share

George Lucas holds all creative control for Star Wars. he figured it would be better for him to put plot holes instead of letting other people crap all over it(holiday special). so if Bioware wants to add a story LucasArts has to give the okay.

George Lucas holds all creative control for Star Wars. he figured it would be better for him to put plot holes instead of letting other people crap all over it(holiday special). so if Bioware wants to add a story LucasArts has to give the okay.

Also, Lucas doesn't really talk to peons like The Dr.s, he sends peons from his organization to talk to or deal with them.

Yep that what he's famous for, dedicated company of copyright lawyers, having rights and profits of everything remotely resembling star wars and indiana jones, constant retcons etc

I seriously doubt each and every game/screenplay/book/whatever gets personally read through and approved by George.

As said there's dedicated corporation of "watchers"

Edited by Oneiros_IV

nope but it does get passed through LucasArts befor being sent off to the consumer market.

Separate. Here you go.

Lucas Licensing

Lucas Licensing is responsible for licensing and merchandising activities relating to Star Wars, Indiana Jones and other Lucasfilm entertainment properties - and even after more than 30 years, the Power of the Force continues to thrive. With over $20 billion in consumer sales world-wide, Lucas Licensing manages a program that includes the best-selling boys toy line of all time, 100 million books in print (and more than 80 New York Times best sellers), merchandise sold in over 100 countries and a global program of Star Wars museum exhibitions exploring the science and myth behind the Saga. Supported by the breakthrough animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and robust initiatives to engage fans of the live-action Saga, the success continues across multiple licensed product categories - including toys, publishing, apparel, consumer electronics, housewares, and even the symphonic Star Wars experience, Star Wars In Concert. Year after year, Star Wars remains a powerful force in the licensing arena, making it clear that the company's mantra is true for the consumer, as well: Star Wars is Forever