Any Actual females not female characters play this game?

Jesterhexes

Heh, I just found this thread. I am a woman that like to play the game. I pvp, pve and rp a bit. I have a female Trooper that I have been working on and have been having a blost in all aspects of the game (I have grown to hate Hutt ball though). Although I have to admit that sometimes I hop on a male toon and flirt with the female toons that I know are played by guys... and then stand them up on a date :D

-insert evil witch laughter here-

-laughter is followed by coughing and hacking-

-wheezing-

-drinks some water-

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girls play as men for the same reason why guys play as women.

Because they look better in certain kinds of armor and it doesn't feel like ear **** when their voice actors speak?

That's the reason I can't play a consular/jedi knight male.

The OP has caused me to start a project.

http://www.jeweldaab.com/post/15889444381/gaming-genders

I've read your blog entry and I personally never saw males being aggressive or judgmental because a female corrected them for saying "he" instead of "she" in a formal way.

More often I see the usual "There are no girls on the internet" as an unfortunately overused joke. Then they move on.

Edited by Joeymtl

<--female too. I also agree with alot of the posts here on why we dont make ourselves known all the time. For instance anytime I join a guild, I brace for that first "vent" use and all the "omgz your a girl/omgz your voice is sexys/etc", like who cares, Im here to play a game, not cyberz :p

i think you need to find a different guild...possibly one with a minimum age requirement.

id rather look at a female when i play, its more appealing to the eye. weird

So i had this problem when i ployed lotro that i could never find any girls that played the game, i mean my entire guild on lotro are boys, the entire guild on here are boys... is there no other girl on the face of the planet that plays swtor on my server (Telos Restoration Project) I feel so alone... not to mention that boys who have girl characters are kinda weird... on lotro i had a male character and i had to delete him because it was to weird lol...a not that i care but its kinda dissapointed when you think your talking to a girl and it turns out tht the person behind the character is a dude,,nywayz just wondering, no need to get in a hater mood i was just asking

You're a ***** teenager , and they run away from you.

There are lots of girl gamers , I know this to be so because when you get on vent or team speak or such you can hear a lot of female voices there.

You also get hit with guild rules about no harrassing the ladies no matter what.

Feel so alone all you like. This isn't a dating service, that isn't what they're offering here.

I suggest going out of the house. Perhaps take a course at high school for french or spanish or something , or even painting. Anything where there are other people hanging around. Girls love languages and art. They're all great talkers.

But mmo's ? pfft ! Wrong place to search.

Feel so alone all you like. This isn't a dating service, that isn't what they're offering here.

I suggest going out of the house. Perhaps take a course at high school for french or spanish or something , or even painting. Anything where there are other people hanging around. Girls love languages and art. They're all great talkers.

But mmo's ? pfft ! Wrong place to search.

I think you might have gotten the wrong impression by what the OP is actually saying.

She just wanted to know if there were any other female gamers on SWTOR, I see nothing in her post that is requesting dates by other girls.

o_oa

My helpful suggestion of the day: read thoroughly and engage brain before letting your fingers anywhere near a keyboard.

:3

female here and probably old enough to be everyones mom, but we love gaming as a family. I have 3 female toons and one male toon on syth worm server. Anymore it's hard to tell who is playing what as so many play the opposite sex characters now. When I started SWG over 8 years ago my first and main toon was male but I created mostly female on swtor just for the romance options. I feel kind of strange romancing another woman as a man but will probably go for it just for the story............lol :)

Female here too. I play with my husband. My first online game was EQ. In fact, the very first whisper that I got in EQ when I was five minutes into the game was asking if I would be someone's online girlfriend. lol. Back then, I didn't play with my husband because we only had one computer. At the time, we just laughed it off.

I never tell anyone that I am a female. When i get on vent, they can tell. What they do then depends on the maturity of the individual. At the same time, I didn't think I was the only woman who games. I was sure that there was others like me.

Like some women, I play a male character at times. One of my favorite RPGs is the witcher, who is a male protagonist. To me, the avatar doesn't represent anything about me. My SI is Dark 4 and no points in Light. Does that make me a sociopath? Nah. I am able to separate myself from what I'm playing. All my NPCs are is a bunch of pixels on the computer, any way.

Coming from a Pen and Paper RPG background, my characters are male or female due to the story I've put into them or the inspiration for the characters. My female Maruader is based/named after an Elf I created as a villain for one of my games I've run. (Palladium Fantasy RPG). My Sorcerer and Guardian have a Brother/Sister story from a previous RPG sessions, and are the responsible namesake for my Legacy.

As a Male, I don't play females to stare at an ***. (It goes against my policy: There is no substitution for real.) I play the Character. I joined a RP server for that reason as well. (Side rant: sadly, so many join RP servers to not RP....)

As for the 'Females in Gaming', I don't get all crazy about the pronouns used. If I call you a he, it's because I see a male Character. She, because of a female Character. There should not be any insult or issue from that. If someone corrects me, I'm fine with it. Lately, I tend to use group terms or Character Names to avoid any confusion anyways. I usually only use 'Hi', 'Hello', or 'Hey' when I join a group.

And the only time I'll correct someone over my gender, is when they seem to be trying to 'cyber-seduce' me. And this just comes from a purely evil, "you're an idiot", line of thinking when people try to do it.

And finally, there are some stupid things that men do. There are stupid things that women do. And we both draw lines of comparison due to them.

So i had this problem when i ployed lotro that i could never find any girls that played the game, i mean my entire guild on lotro are boys, the entire guild on here are boys... is there no other girl on the face of the planet that plays swtor on my server

When I played LOTRO there were four real life females (five including myself) to three males in the small casual kinship I was a part of. My WoW guild -- which was a top ranked ten man guild, and topped the leaderboard for T12 for ten-man strict -- was lead by a female player. Of the three officers, two of them were female. Additionally, we had a large number of female players (to the degree that at one point the team of which I was a part of had more female than male raiders). The "main group" had no less than three of ten consistent females at any time and still does.

So, not only are female players out there in every mmo from lotor to swtor, but there are female players out there who are good at playing computer games. In essence, I don't think it's MMOs on a whole, rather, I imagine it's that the people you personally elect to meet and group up with in MMO's happen to not have a lot of female players around. I'm not sure what the reasoning for that would be, but, you may want to take an objective look at company you select for yourself.

So i had this problem when i ployed lotro that i could never find any girls that played the game, i mean my entire guild on lotro are boys, the entire guild on here are boys... is there no other girl on the face of the planet that plays swtor on my server (Telos Restoration Project) I feel so alone... not to mention that boys who have girl characters are kinda weird... on lotro i had a male character and i had to delete him because it was to weird lol...a not that i care but its kinda dissapointed when you think your talking to a girl and it turns out tht the person behind the character is a dude,,nywayz just wondering, no need to get in a hater mood i was just asking

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but I found LOTRO to be the game I played that had the most women in it. My guild (end-game raiding guild on Vilya) was nearly half female for the longest time. Half the officers were female too. When I left that game I would say the numbers had dropped to about 30/70 in favor of the men.

I am in two guilds here (one Republic and one Sith). The Sith guild here is definitely mostly male (at least, I only know of four women in the guild). The Republic guild seems to be about 50/50. Then again, I don't go around asking people their sex, so I can't say for sure if all the toons I assume are played by men are played by men or not.

My perspective on this is pretty simple; I don't care. Genders are nothing more than flavours these days and a matter of style. I always call people by the gender of their avatar. More than once, I've had people whisper me 'hey-hey. It's a -he-.' like it's something very naughty or important. I don't really care. Hell, I can even ERP with guys just fine. I've met a few transsexuals that way.

Word of warning, though, for the latter category. Don't advertise the fact that you are a transexual. Because that -does- make people uncomfortable. We don't care that much. If you feel like you are a girl, then be satisfied with being called a 'she' or a 'he' if people know you are actually male. Don't make a fuss about it. For all I care, we are all an 'it'.

When I first started gaming the idea of a girl gamer was like the idea of a unicorn-- rare and unbelievable. But the truth is there are more females that game now than ever before (someone mentioned a statistic of 40% female player base in current gaming culture). So it is no longer the 'OMG freakin' UNICORN!!', it is a part of the culture as a whole. Yeah, so many people still treat girl gamers as rare but the truth is, if there are 40%, 4 of every 10 players you may encounter is conceivably of actual female persuasion.

Look at it this way: my generation grew up playing games and we had children. We also shared our love of gaming with our children. Many of us have had female children so we increased the pool of female gamers just because we decided to procreate and the toss of the dice gave us girl-children to share our love of gaming with.

Now these girl-children are adult gamers who will most likely go on to have children (girls and boys-- although statistically more will have female children) that they will share their love of gaming with (if they haven't had their own children already). If people still insist on treating the idea of 'girl gamers' as rare and unbelievable that is their own hang-up because the truth is females play games. More now than ever before.

In my own home there is a 3 to 1 ration of female gamers to male gamers. Not so rare anymore, are they?

Male player here

Loads of us around.

I'll probably get flamed for saying it like this.. but the 'REAL' girl-gamers don't tend to make themselves known... I mean the one's that actually play games because they like games and not male attention.

My game play and how good I can play has always been judged on what I have between my legs. But I've played in alot of top guilds in the past in many games and mainly that's because I let them see me play and shizzle before I made my gender known.

I don't understand why people react this differently to male/female. We are all here to have fun or to pass our time (it's a GAME just like hide and seek that you played when you where a child).

When I play I don't care if I'm grouped with a male or female player as long as we are having a good time doing quests and helping each other out.

Also I don't understand why people think that a male player is always better than a female player. Some of the best healers that I have seen in the MMO's that I've played has been girls and in many of those MMO's it's allot more challenging playing a healer and keep a dozen players alive than to be one of the damage dealers that receives those heals.

When people ask me for my ASL, I tell them the ASL of my character because my real life ASL is none of their f-ing business. This isn't match.com.

I completely agree with this.

We have many women playing in my guild. Some of them play male characters to avoid the "UR A GRL?! WANNA CYBORZ?!" that tend to come from those of lesser intellect. ;)

I've yet to run into that problem on any game. But mostly people just say, "Shut up, girls don't play games, you're some fat guy in your mom's basement." :p

Edited by Brosephiine

I'm a girl, and I play as girl characters.

But here's the thing - in the Dragon Age, I have 5 playthroughs - 3 with female characters, 2 with males.

In TOR, however, I don't want to play as a male character because I don't want people to think I'm a guy. So I guess I'll miss out on seeing what some of those romance storyline go like.