Remove Clock of Pain

Hizoka

But make all Sith Warrior/ Jedi Knight gear heavy armor, that way overall survivability goes up a little bit but is not OP when paired with clock of pain.

As it sits now Marauders are FAR less armor then any other melee. This will help balance that.

I find myself getting targetted often enough for CoC to be good.

I've never liked CoA though, because I don't like retaliation. I always have issues with it firing(that issue when you pull your arm back as if to use retaliation, and then don't. over and over and over).

I've never liked CoA though, because I don't like retaliation. I always have issues with it firing(that issue when you pull your arm back as if to use retaliation, and then don't. over and over and over).

Having cloak of pain is better than heavy armor. I'd trade you any day as a jugg.

This does touch on what I believe to be one of (if not the) core reasons why there are a number of people having trouble with Marauders. In addition to having a complex dps rotation/priority we also have to weave in a complex series of short duration short CD defensive CD's to maintain the same level of survivability as other classes.

I've been wondering if it would make sense for CoP to be changed into a full time passive ability. I'm iffy on this it might be OP but having said that I do notice that even when CoP is up I still take a reasonable mount of damage.

At any rate I agree with the core idea of what the OP is saying, we need to be given more passive survivability and a corresponding amount of active survivability removed.

And as a side note: This is from the perspective of an Annihilation Marauder. Carnage needs a bit more help due to the lack of bleed heals.

And one more thing on the topic of survivability.

Armor reduction debuffs from multiple mobs should not stack. I've seen it on Ilum where I have to sets of a 5 stack armor reduction debuff on me at the end of a fight. I pull up my character sheet and see my armor is down to about 600. Then as the first stack drops off my armor jumps to about 1200 and then as the second stack drops my armor jumps to its normal 3200 ish.

the suggestion wouldn't work. Hvy armor only works vs 2 of the games 4 damage types, COP works on all damage types. Basically to get Hvy armor you would be reducing our survivability by alot.

I don't see why the Mara should have to give up anything to be given Hvy armor back. I mean commandos/mercenaries are ranged dps that can spec to heal have plenty of surviveability CDs and they have Hvy armor.

*edit* Its My humble opinion either we should get hvy armor or commandos/mercenaries should be nerfed down to medium.

Edited by JudgeMentalOne

Thats because you're spamming the hotkey, press it once & it'll fire off. Welcome to the worst problem of this game, ability delay or ability "loop" its the same with scream/BA/VS & come to think of it, its well... everything:P

Edited by Kodokai

the suggestion wouldn't work. Hvy armor only works vs 2 of the games 4 damage types, COP works on all damage types. Basically to get Hvy armor you would be reducing our survivability by alot.

I don't see why the Mara should have to give up anything to be given Hvy armor back. I mean commandos/mercenaries are ranged dps that can spec to heal have plenty of surviveability CDs and they have Hvy armor.

*edit* Its My humble opinion either we should get hvy armor or commandos/mercenaries should be nerfed down to medium.

There is no given heavy armor back. They have pretty much always had medium armor. i believe the only time they could had heavy armor was in in house testing and even then back in the alpha testing we had reveals of marauders and sentinels only having medium armor.

But make all Sith Warrior/ Jedi Knight gear heavy armor, that way overall survivability goes up a little bit but is not OP when paired with clock of pain.

As it sits now Marauders are FAR less armor then any other melee. This will help balance that.

Weren't you advocating that marauders are fine and that we all just need to l2p just a while ago?

This does touch on what I believe to be one of (if not the) core reasons why there are a number of people having trouble with Marauders. In addition to having a complex dps rotation/priority we also have to weave in a complex series of short duration short CD defensive CD's to maintain the same level of survivability as other classes.

This is probably my primary gripe with this class. These six second cool downs ((CoP being a duration proc)) is pretty bad compared to other options. And saber ward has an even longer cd for such a short duration and little payoff. Our "Oh #&^@" ability wipes out half our health for the same duration. I think the devs built marauder to be perma partnered with a buddy healer. But I think it can be kind of difficult seeing as SW in general is a fast paced pure melee fighter which requires more moving around, more getting into other people's face and less means of "escape" or "free damage" then most other classes.

Be nice is cloak of pain reset when you hit something aswell or deal damage, meaning you could keep it up all the time. Hell even as an active buff, but with a standard 30s duration, 60 second cd. I often havent got time to pop it, the time i need it, i have about 4 skills that need to be fired to keep me alive (annih) over this one skill which completely scuppers the mess of a rotation i already have to run.

Weren't you advocating that marauders are fine and that we all just need to l2p just a while ago?

Yes he was. He is also incorrect about marauders having far less armor. They have about 5% less armor than PT and Juggs, equal to Ops, and more than Assassins.

...I've been wondering if it would make sense for CoP to be changed into a full time passive ability. I'm iffy on this it might be OP but having said that I do notice that even when CoP is up I still take a reasonable mount of damage.

And as a side note: This is from the perspective of an Annihilation Marauder. Carnage needs a bit more help due to the lack of bleed heals.

Both of those are wonderful ideas that I would wholeheartedly support. As a Carnage Marauder since day 1.

Terrible idea. Cloak of Pain is amazing. Especially if you spec to make retaliation reduce teh CD.

The only problem is that retaliation does not always seem to come upa nd can burn rage that is better used on other abilities.

I would rather they change the talents that make retaliation reduce drop the CD to just making those talents reduce the CD by 15 seconds without using retaliation.

Edited by Viscerus

Thats because you're spamming the hotkey, press it once & it'll fire off. Welcome to the worst problem of this game, ability delay or ability "loop" its the same with scream/BA/VS & come to think of it, its well... everything:P

No, its because the skills/gameplay are buggy. Spamming the hotkey exacerbates the problem, not causes it.