Does SWTOR get more Multiplayer-ish at 50?

lycrates

Alright, at 31 so far SWTOR has been primarily a single player experience by far (with few sprinckles of Flashpoints, PvP and the rare chance to find find a group for a heroic quest).

How is it at 50? Does it get more Multiplayer-ish?

I am asking because I just pre-ordered "Kindoms of Amalur" from Origin. It will release very soon and if I am going to play a single-player game, I might at least play a real single-player, (in all honesty the"Fed Ex or Kill X" quests dont cut it for me). But if SWTOR gets more MMO-like later, then I should probably put the efford to get to 50.

What do you think? Any advice on level 50 would be appreciated.

Alright, at 31 so far SWTOR has been primarily a single player experience by far (with few sprinckles of Flashpoints, PvP and the rare chance to find find a group for a heroic quest).

I am asking because I just pre-ordered "Kindoms of Amalur" from Origin. It will release very soon and if I am going to play a single-player game, I might at least play a real single-player, (in all honesty the"Fed Ex or Kill X" quests dont cut it for me). But if SWTOR gets more MMO-like later, then I should probably put the efford to get to 50.

Can't speak for your server or faction but my server on Republic is lonely as hell. Hardly any FPs, handful (if lucky) of guilds and PvP is a steamroll from the Empire.

It gets even worse, actually.

There aren't too many level 50s, and there is little incentive to group with anyone (this is true for 1-50)

Aouch. That sounds terrible.

I have been taking my sweet time, so I thought the place would be filled with 50s. Is pretty desolate in non-50s areas.

i have 2 months left in this game before i have to make another payment. if things dont start to balance out faction wise and if the game still feels single player-ish than im pretty much done.

i barely play as much as i used to when i first started. im rly just loosing interest. imo the story starts to get rly lazy after chapter 1. all's i do is run to my ships holo-terminal, fly to a planet, speak to a guy, run back to my ship, use the holo-terminal, rinse and repeat. the side quests are decent and the only way to actually lvl other than running fp's which is impossible for the republic on my server because their is literally 10 people on every planet (with both shards combined.)

im normally vry social in multiplayer games and other mmo's but it seems t be almost impossible in this one. ive joined 3 guilds. 1 new one and 2 which where already established. all of them lost most of their members within days after joining.

im glad others are having fun and enjoy this game but maybe its just not for me, im not into paying monthly for a mostly single-player experience.

It's as multiplayer as you want to make it.

i have 2 months left in this game before i have to make another payment. if things dont start to balance out faction wise and if the game still feels single player-ish than im pretty much done.

i barely play as much as i used to when i first started. im rly just loosing interest. imo the story starts to get rly lazy after chapter 1. all's i do is run to my ships holo-terminal, fly to a planet, speak to a guy, run back to my ship, use the holo-terminal, rinse and repeat. the side quests are decent and the only way to actually lvl other than running fp's which is impossible for the republic on my server because their is literally 10 people on every planet (with both shards combined.)

im normally vry social in multiplayer games and other mmo's but it seems t be almost impossible in this one. ive joined 3 guilds. 1 new one and 2 which where already established. all of them lost most of their members within days after joining.

im glad others are having fun and enjoy this game but maybe its just not for me, im not into paying monthly for a mostly single-player experience.

This is happening to me to.. jus cant be bothered to log anymore, then i check the forums always hoping a bioware employee will put something useful up to find aload of Biodrones defending the pathetic attemps at making an mmo lol... Yeah it's a great game, for the first week.

So where are the massive pvp battles?

Maybe on Ilum?

O wait...

Ain't that the place where the imps and reps are friends exchanging "War Effort" points in getting tier 2 champion pvp gear.

...Only for the next 3 days... after that, Ilum pvp daily/weekly will require player kills.

More on topic: IMO, the game does indeed get more multiplayer-ish at 50, as you have daily PvE hardmode flashpoints, raids, and PvP things to do. If you decide to do these solo, or choose not to do them, then maybe MMOs are not for you.

Edited by Daeada

It honestly just gets worse, tbh.

Once your story ends, this is what you could do.

Do "Daily" quests and heroics lv50 quests on Belsavis and Ilum.

* To get 1 comm for solo quests, 3-4 comms for heroics.

- Your goal, is to get 150 comms to get tier 3 pve rakata tier 3 implants

Play hard mode lv50 Flsahpoints.

* You get tier 1 & 2 pve gear.

Operations

* You get tier 2 & 3 pve gear.

Ilum

* You exchange walker kills with the enemy, since there is "NO" reason to defend them.

* Only way to get war effort points is to destroy walker, so why would you bother defending them?

- If you get nothing.

Outlaws Den on tatooine.

* Its a ffa area that is pretty much empty all the time.

* No reason to fight, no incentive, no rewards.

* Only reason people went there was to farm the grade 6 nodes, but they have been removed in a hotfix.

It gets even worse, actually.

There aren't too many level 50s, and there is little incentive to group with anyone (this is true for 1-50)

This isn't true. On my server, we have a nice large community. We often pug operations together, hardmodes, pvp, and open world stuff. It all depends on your server community.

What's with all the "gets worse" posts. How does doing Hardmodes and Operations and premade pvp groups = More like single player? I just don't even... Wow...

The ones who come on the forum and complain about nothing to do are the ones without the skill to complete hardmodes, ops and don't play their class well enough to compete in PvP.

You could sit here and try to reason with them but they'll just attack you personally because that's about all they have left.

Best advice is to just ignore them and move on.

They hop to every new MMORPG available and taint its playerbase for a while until their accounts get forum-banned and then they just quit altogether.

I have 2 level 50's. I am going to level once through Republic side to see the quests then quit. The end game on this game is fairly terrible.

You have PVP: Knockback CC fest, no thanks. Nothing like spending most of my match flying through the air or crowd controlled.

You have Hard Mode Flash Points: Most are bugged or over tuned. A lot of them are bugged where loot doesn't drop. Most are really melee unfriendly due to stupid AoE mechanics.

Ops Groups: LOL @ Bugfest (that is all)

Dailies: Yay! Single Player and Win Trading.

it gets mor mmoish in 50 yes due to runnning hardmodes and dailies are easier to do as a group.BW really screwed the pooch i feel in devoping the second M in the MMO. they designed all the planets to revolve around the single player story resulting in a very very linear lvling process. is the single player expierence good? yes its great. but if i wanted a single player game to lvl through then have on line multiplayer capabilites i could just simply wait for dialo 3. this game is very simillar in that reguard to a game with multiplayer options cleverly hidden in planets. sharding really compounded this situation and it turned of the true tradtional MMO player. I like TOR its fun , but in a end anaylsis from a veteran this game missed some very fundemental MMO design boundries that just simply make it a hybrid. People hammered AOC for its very light sharding and area restrictions but it was far far more open ended then TOR . At the end of the day the 3 best new MMO's on the market are Rift, AOC ,and LOTRO.I am having fun in tor but it has zero longevity past 60 days for me and my gamming community. and for the fanny boy's no i wont go back to wow that game sucks worse then tor, ill likely be back to rift and eagerly awating their expansion they will be announcing once TOR has cooled.

This is not WoW. Multiplayer ruins the community.

Did I mention I get kicked to character select screen in 10% of the Warzone Games I try to join.

I can handle bugs,poorly tuned content, missing features,class imbalances and lies about graphic options. what i cannot stay subbed for is poorly designed game worlds and arrogant reactions to the community telling them their design census was wrong. tor made some bad decisions and some of them cannot be fixed. truly a heart ache there is nothing on the horizon that even remotely looks good, dont say GW2 ill laugh till i wet myself.