Waiting NINE minutes to respawn is RIDCULOUS

sadatoni

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really think the only difference between success and failure is a few random numbers, you're doing it way wrong.

Also, in DnD, where success WAS solely based on random numbers(rolls), people still died less in an average campaign. Unless the DM was absolutely sadistic.

I've done it. Going up against an elite or something that was too high level. I usually know what I'm doing at the time, but I'm usually having too much fun to care.

Did you know it actually flips? I think after the second 10 minutes time out, it goes back to 30 seconds. I'm not sure if that's intended or not.

Edited by Skoobie

How do people die this much to even see the timer?

Because there is no such thing as "K, I'm doing something wrong here. My third death in a row."

Instead it's more like, "DURRR, OOO DEEID AGIAN, MABES DUH GAME IS BROKED!."

They're are literately some people under the impression that they can Solo a level 50 Champ with they're level 35 Heal speced Consular.

Edited by Elyons

How do people die this much to even see the timer?

The only time I've died enough to see it was when I solo'd a Heroic 2 and kept dying on the larger pulls. I knew that I was going to have to sit through the probe timer, but I didn't feel like sitting around spamming chat for help, so I just sucked it up and plowed through it.

Nope, some of us like a challenge.

Speaking of. Its entirely off topic here, but i was reading something about the new bioshock game..

IGN: Is [1999 Mode] basically [a reference to] the release year of System Shock 2?

Ken Levine: Yeah, that was when our first game came out, System Shock 2, and I want to make sure that you don't lose things that are in our culture. One of the things that's interesting about our first game is that it was pretty hard, you know? But games were much harder then in general. They weren't just more difficult, they asked different things of you. They really asked you to manage resources in a way that has sort of fallen out of vogue.

There is a notion of permanent choice in BioShock Infinite in general with your nostrums, but [with 1999 mode] you're choosing a path that is going to be mutually exclusive from other paths. If I want to be a pistol guy, that means I can't be a machine gun guy as well. When I find a machine gun, I'm going to suck at it. You're going to have these periods where you're limping along with the weapons that aren't right for you. I could have chosen to be a vigor guy but I haven't got a vigor, so I really have to struggle. That kind of bootstrapping is something that is sort of gone from games where you have to start from a really weak place to get back to a strong place. That's definitely something that I always enjoyed in games and still enjoy in games.

Why cant MMOs have something like that? a "regular" a "lawlz faecroll" and a "I'm actually competent" modes. Make it so the easy mode can't raid or do anything like that.

Why cant MMOs have something like that? a "regular" a "lawlz faecroll" and a "I'm actually competent" modes. Make it so the easy mode can't raid or do anything like that.

That's what difficulty modes in flashpoints and operations are supposed to be for.

I say "supposed to be," because it's sort of laughable right now, and there's not really any benefit to actually being able to complete the hardest content.

It should never be longer than 1 minute

Well unless you have the 'kamikaze' mod on its no point to complain. There are way worse penalties to such things as repetitive deaths. There si alway the option to go at the closest medical point than wait 10min for that medical drone, thats why there 2 option upon respawn.

That's what difficulty modes in flashpoints and operations are supposed to be for.

I say "supposed to be," because it's sort of laughable right now, and there's not really any benefit to actually being able to complete the hardest content.

the problem is then you need to actually find other people who're good enough, which on some servers can be hard.

I am alright with death penalties like this, if you are dying that much....maybe you need either new gear or to level up. I usually give myself up to 2x if i really dont want to hike back, but usually the med droid is close...except for on Voss...I can understand not wanting to make the trip on Voss..

I am alright with death penalties like this, if you are dying that much....maybe you need either new gear or to level up. I usually give myself up to 2x if i really dont want to hike back, but usually the med droid is close...except for on Voss...I can understand not wanting to make the trip on Voss..

It was the gear for me. I was having some issues in Directive 7 and Belsavise heroics, but I didn't understand why I was pumping out such weak DPS to these mobs. I checked my gear and realized Id been wearing the same belt, implants, and bracers since level 35. My mods were about 5 levels outdated to.

Upgraded them and now I can faceroll cotnent easily

you have to be a very bad player to die so much that you allow the rez timer to get to 9 minutes.

Stop trying to solo the heroic 4 quests yourself.

your fault no one else.

When it gets to 9 minutes you are suppose to go, "Damn it, maybe I'll have to respawn at the medical center!"

You're not meant to just sit their waiting for 9 minutes when it would take you 3 minutes to get back, and maybe pick up some med-kits/repair.

This complaint is like saying bail should always be set at $1.00 because getting more is too hard.

No.

The timer goes: 10 secs, 30 secs, 2 minutes, 10 minutes.

Especially when I have to solo an elite mob and it's just taking me a bit to get the timing of whatever correct so I'm dying a couple times.

It's a waste of my time to have to kill everything back to that point, AFTER running all the way back.

On no other game is it like this.

You usually just run back to your corpse and continue.

This game lets you come back to your corpse a couple times, then you get to walk.

simple.. learn to play better and you won't have that problem

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Even WoW at least when i played, you had to run back to your corpse. Being able to just instantly be back, or afk till timer comes up is way easier. How can this be a complaint?

I mean this game has some serious problems that need fixing, but this? Most pathetic QQ post i ever read.

On tatooine, (republic charater) i died (several times exploring -especialy going though an empire base - I did not whant to have to go back -so

Killed (1) 30 seconds Killed (2) 2 minutes Killed (3) 10 minutes -get 10 yards killed

(4) 10 minutes, - get 10 yards Killed (5) 10 minutes -get 10 yards Killed (6) get 10 yards Killed (7) - by skin of teeth get passed the level 50 Guards - and back to exploring.

(ps: no Massive repair bill as after the 3rd time i took my armor off or the bill would have been more then the 3k they where asking.

Edited by Lasarith