[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

That's an interesting approach.

The fact that promotional materials use images with textures that aren't available in game without flagging this up is false advertising as far as I'm aware. I wouldn't normally make a fuss about this, but the apparent unwillingness to solve the issue means that I'll be making a complaint to the advertising standards in the UK regarding this discrepancy.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have called customer support and requested a full refund (I bought the digital version of the game). I have also filled a report with the BBB, since the guy on the phone told me he would foreword the concern, and within 24 hours I would hear back from a management team that could give me the refund. I am very disappointed in the lack of transparency, and if I do not hear back within the next 5 days, I will be filling a dispute with my credit card company.

Pulling a bait and switch on customers is a good way to piss a lot of people off, if anyone else is having issues getting a refund, I recommend using the BBB to hopefully get a response.

http://www.bbb.org/edmonton/business-reviews/computers-system-designers-and-consultants/bioware-in-edmonton-ab-111723#reasonrating

lol@this The intrawebs sure is a funny place. You come across all sorts of people.

I dont think I could ring someone up and tell them that Im sad that my Star Wars armour isnt as pretty as I wished for so I want my money back. That said I dont know what would be harder making that call or receiving it. Understandably they have devoted a "management team" to resolving such an important cause.

The fact that promotional materials use images with textures that aren't available in game without flagging this up is false advertising as far as I'm aware. I wouldn't normally make a fuss about this, but the apparent unwillingness to solve the issue means that I'll be making a complaint to the advertising standards in the UK regarding this discrepancy.

I'm sure you will :rolleyes:

Though I do agree they need to get these high res textures in fast

lol@this The intrawebs sure is a funny place. You come across all sorts of people.

I dont think I could ring someone up and tell them that Im sad that my Star Wars armour isnt as pretty as I wished for so I want my money back.

I was thinking that too. The only time I've phoned my credit card company in regards to a game was the EA Mythic billing mishap.

"Oh hai HSBC, I bought star wars recently and I been playing it lots for the past month, but now I don't like the graphics, money back please tyvm"

I really think it don't looks so bad if you tweak the settings a bit. But once they do up the textures it will look a little nicer.

Just a quick run in the Imperial Fleet on my system.

Play it on HD: :)

I really think it don't looks so bad if you tweak the settings a bit. But once they do up the textures it will look a little nicer.

The fact that you have to force all of this doesn't really add to the not bad argument. It highlights why it is such a problem. Something like this should have been in the game from the get go.

So i downloaded Nvidia inspector. tweaked the settings enabled AA and the game looked a large degree better. reflections popped the models smoothed out and i actually got cooler running periods of time with my 590 gtx. about an hour into game i devolped a blue haze of to the left side. windowing in and out cleared it only to have it return.

So in the end i ended up disabling the profile and returned to the Bioware settings. all i can say is its absloute utter crap. tearing on the floor panels the models are so jaggy it looks like they are seprate from the game world. the standard bioware profile is so damn bad my card runs a solid 10 degrees hotter from running wild to deal with the way BW defaults render. I cannot believe how poor this graphics engine behaves. Its ludicrous you have to DL a third party application to get the game to behave. I dont remember a MMO (even the biggest heart aching flop AOC) at launch that had this many glitches on a graphical lvl. the endgame is just as buggy as AOC's . I have a new found apprecitation for Rift and the devolepment team of trion. they may have not innovated but the class system and dynamic content being the only things new. Its graphic engine and its endgame are solid as rock and they never ever lied to the community about what was and what is not. im all for giving this game time, but at this point i am seeing a massive gap in knowledge of MMO's and delivering what was advertised to your customer base.

I have a new found apprecitation for Rift and the devolepment team of trion. they may have not innovated but the class system and dynamic content being the only things new. Its graphic engine and its endgame are solid as rock and they never ever lied to the community about what was and what is not. im all for giving this game time, but at this point i am seeing a massive gap in knowledge of MMO's and delivering what was advertised to your customer base.

Yeah really? You mean Trion who had an utterly dysfunctional combat mechanic which rendered all mitigations to zero, bosses either one shooting players or getting two shotted by bugged debuff stacking (Greenscale 20 sec fight anyone?). Class (Soul) Synergy which tops even swtors Stim stacking in terms of ridiculously dumb design.

Broken Classes (Rouge Tanks). And even more than three months till they fixed the basics? Just to open up an other incredibly dumb bug. I mean, i even remember when my toughness reduced boss critical damage by 80%! - basically i could heal myself through enrage timers once i got enough toughness cause they crits did 200 damage on 14k health. And let's not forget this whole "Full world invasion" debacle.

PVP Warzone rewards for zergin'? How about the even more failed Valor system which got changed?

PVP Class (Soul) Balance? Age of Warrior, Age of Pyro, Age of ***/Night?

Big Events.

Asbeth spawns, server crashes. two times - silence for a week. "Oh eh yeah, looks like we can't have full serverwide events, we promised this as a core feature, then went into beta and live and just figured it out, but thanks for "Participating, free titles for everyone!)

AF not working till today properly. Random crashes and memory leak during first month too.

If that's the bar for Bioware i certainly don't want to be here in three months. ;)

At least all we get here is a not properly working texture renderer. Not a whole core feature missing and every aspect of combat mechanics totally bugged.

Edited by Paralassa
content

If the game is actually looking that dark when you play you really should turn up your gamma or check your monitor settings. ;)

Yeah really? You mean Trion who had an utterly dysfunctional combat mechanic which rendered all mitigations to zero, bosses either one shooting players or getting two shotted by bugged debuff stacking (Greenscale 20 sec fight anyone?). Class (Soul) Synergy which tops even swtors Stim stacking in terms of ridiculously dumb design.

Broken Classes (Rouge Tanks). And even more than three months till they fixed the basics? Just to open up an other incredibly dumb bug. I mean, i even remember when my toughness reduced boss critical damage by 80%! - basically i could heal myself through enrage timers once i got enough toughness cause they crits did 200 damage on 14k health. And let's not forget this whole "Full world invasion" debacle.

PVP Warzone rewards for zergin'? How about the even more failed Valor system which got changed?

PVP Class (Soul) Balance? Age of Warrior, Age of Pyro, Age of ***/Night?

Big Events.

Asbeth spawns, server crashes. two times - silence for a week. "Oh eh yeah, looks like we can't have full serverwide events, we promised this as a core feature, then went into beta and live and just figured it out, but thanks for "Participating, free titles for everyone!)

AF not working till today properly. Random crashes and memory leak during first month too.

If that's the bar for Bioware i certainly don't want to be here in three months. ;)

At least all we get here is a not properly working texture renderer. Not a whole core feature missing and every aspect of combat mechanics totally bugged.

you obviously are not in the end game. and yes Rifts soul system was F' up at release i agree with you i was a rogue. But this endgame is so damn bugged half the time you cannot even enter into a flash point due to instance reset bug. the boss mechanics are so broken they rely on enrage timers every single fight. say what you will im no trion fan boi but SWTOr is pretty damn ridiculous right now.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

It pisses me off as well.

EVERY SINGLE screenshot uses high resolution textures that those purchasing the game cannot see.

I also find it incredible that the mainstream gaming media hasn't mentioned how utterly bland the character graphics and textures look as a huge drawback.

The response was incredible, but the fact that some players believe it shows that someone probably got a pat on the back. There are numerous MMORPGs out there that have high resolution textures without the drawbacks that Bioware mentioned in their post in response to the texture issues.

Edited by Gelos

EVERY SINGLE screenshot uses high resolution textures that those purchasing the game cannot see.

I also find it incredible that the mainstream gaming media hasn't mentioned how utterly bland the character graphics and textures look as a huge drawback.

The response was incredible, but the fact that some players believe it shows that someone probably got a pat on the back. There are numerous MMORPGs out there that have high resolution textures without the drawbacks that Bioware mentioned in their post in response to the texture issues.

They have and there are several gaming sites that have been covering this story . there are 7 or 8 news stories form various generic sites.

Yep, which is why they should give us an OPTIONAL high res texture download.

They don't need to be downloaded. Various methods of tricking the engine have shown us that. Either through using the ship Holoterminal, previewing gear with companions instead of yourself, cutscenes, etc etc.

The textures are there, you just do not have the ability to select them, as I guess falls into Bioware's philosophy about many other things regarding "choice" in a MMO.

I mentioned in this thread a few build back that not one game review covered this, which I find shocking in this age of $500+ graphics cards.

See my signature.

Yeah I won't be giving EAware any more money until this game looks at least as good as it did in beta and in their false advertisements.

just a heads up, photobucket sucks and many can not even see the images on it, you might want to re-host your sig image on a better host like imgur

just a heads up, photobucket sucks and many can not even see the images on it, you might want to re-host your sig image on a better host like imgur

By "many" you mean yourself, right? It's a direct link to an image file with no privacy settings turned on. I have been posting many screenshots in this thread and its earlier iterations, and not once has anyone complained that the links didn't work. I've received at least 3 separate compliments on my signature, so I assume that's working, as well. Two of my screenshots have been edited into the original post. One of my screenshots from this thread was used by someone else to start an entirely different thread that ran for multiple pages and nobody there said they couldn't see it.

By "many" you mean yourself, right? It's a direct link to an image file with no privacy settings turned on. I have been posting many screenshots in this thread and its earlier iterations, and not once has anyone complained that the links didn't work. I've received at least 3 separate compliments on my signature, so I assume that's working, as well. Two of my screenshots have been edited into the original post. One of my screenshots from this thread was used by someone else to start an entirely different thread that ran for multiple pages and nobody there said they couldn't see it.

sorry but it's well known that photobucket is ****.

didn't mean to hurt your feelings over your favourite image host though. sorry man. :rolleyes:

Edited by SunwindIon