Operative Nerfs Coming In Future Patch

Blazzen

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19875-georg-zoeller-explains-1-1-changes-to-biochem-and

At least that's what I take from this quote:

In fact we have additional changes to classes and consumables currently in internal testing to deal with faster than anticipated kill times in player versus player combat in a future patch.

To be fair, it's probably not just operatives. It's been proven many classes can do some pretty crazy burst damage so it might be that damage overall needs to be reduced in the way of a PVP % damage reduction.

Speculate away!

Well, with how many people are complaining about how "OP" tracers supposedly are (which they aren't), and knowing typical MMO developers that believe the uninformed crowd, I'll be planning on switching to heals if they hit mercenary with the nerf bat. Their only viable DPS is Tracer/Heat Seeking/Rail Shot combo. Everything else just costs way too much heat (there are talents that reduce tracer heat when they crit).

I don't mind the change to healing so much. It'll just be annoying trying to get a heal armor set bonus.

Either that or I'll try Pyro...hmmm... ¬_¬

Ya.... kinda hoping they hold off on class nerfs til they let the game settle after fixing buff stacking, and reevaluate at that point. Nerfing the damage to much will make my vanguard unkillable, he is already a beast to kill, nerfing the damage will make him whined about and nerfed next as the qq of bads continue.

The fact that the devs are choosing to potentially undercompensate on balance by addressing the stim issue first is encouraging to me.

Most rational people seem to agree that the primary(though not necessarily the only) reason that certain classes seem so ridiculous is due to buff-stacking, which has now been largely eliminated.

Now we should be able to get a good feel of how the classes balance out without excessive buffs.

Seems like a weird knee jerk non-solution.

Biochem is still going to the best skill to have for the heals. It just means you will need 400 Biochem to use and they will be less useful. Still going to be better to have another heal/stim from these items than none at all right?

Same goes for Cybertech to a lesser degree. Still better to have some additional DPS than not?

Wouldn't the better solution have been to beef up the other crafting skills with something that can contribute to endgame PvP/PvE?

Or perhaps remove the skill requirements to wield these items altogether and maybe actually create an ongoing market for crafted consumables in the economy?

I don't see these changes as a solution or perhaps I'm missing something.

Edited by Hellapain

Seems like a weird knee jerk non-solution.

Biochem is still going to the best skill to have for the heals. It just means you will need 400 Biochem to use and they will be less useful. Still going to be better to have another heal/stim from these items than none at all right?

Same goes for Cybertech to a lesser degree. Still better to have some additional DPS than not?

Wouldn't the better solution have been to beef up the other crafting skills with something that can contribute to endgame PvP/PvE?

Or perhaps remove the skill requirements to wield these items altogether and maybe actually create an ongoing market for crafted consumables in the economy?

I don't see these changes as a solution or perhaps I'm missing something.

Nevermind I found additonal information I was missing as follows:

Items

The PvP item “Heal Consumable” is now named “Warzone Medpac.” Its cooldown has been reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes and it now shares the 1.5-minute cooldown with other medpacs. This item can be used effectively over time, but now cannot be stacked beyond what is intended.

The PvP item “Overcharge Consumable” is now named “Warzone Expertise Adrenal.” Its cooldown has been reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes and it now shares a cooldown with other adrenals. It (and other adrenals) no longer stack with the PvP Power-Up that increases Expertise to prevent Expertise values from increasing beyond intended levels.

Warzone Medpacs and Warzone Expertise Adrenals no longer share a cooldown with each other.

A new line of high-end PvP relics with appropriate PvP stats have been added to PvP vendors.

Edited by Hellapain

And so the nerf merry-go-round begins.

Bad choice BW, bad choice.

Why not just make it so all dps does exactly the same damage, all healers heal for exactly the same amount and all tanks have the exact same survivability?

God forbid something is unique.

i think its to do with adrenals and expertise boost consumable that are making certain classes do insane burst of damage i imagine its this as they are on about biochem

Dont fool your self, biochem aint to blame its some classes being to freaking op---smuggler and oper. need a major burst nerf.

Well, with how many people are complaining about how "OP" tracers supposedly are (which they aren't), and knowing typical MMO developers that believe the uninformed crowd, I'll be planning on switching to heals if they hit mercenary with the nerf bat. Their only viable DPS is Tracer/Heat Seeking/Rail Shot combo. Everything else just costs way too much heat (there are talents that reduce tracer heat when they crit).

I don't mind the change to healing so much. It'll just be annoying trying to get a heal armor set bonus.

Either that or I'll try Pyro...hmmm... ¬_¬

Compared to Operatives and Juggernauts, our burst really isn't that top league. The highest hitting ability we have is Heatseeker Missiles, which, with full heat signatures on the target, can critical up to around 4.7k-5k (and I'm wearing full PvP gear). Tracer missile still only hits for about 1.7k and criticals for about 3.2k.

That seems pretty weak when I've seen clips and screenshots of Operatives and Juggernauts reaching just about 10k criticals with Hidden Strike and sweeps.

Also take in consideration that we are one of the most easily LoS'd classes due to our reliance on TM heat signatures.

We really have to see what the developers have in store, but I think people are more up and arms about getting tracer spammed by bad Bounty Hunters than the amount of damage we actually do.

That seems pretty weak when I've seen clips and screenshots of Operatives and Juggernauts reaching just about 10k criticals with Hidden Strike and sweeps.

Yeah but you can keep doing it GCD after GCD.

Time To Kill (TTK) is lower for you than for a jugg and you can reproduce it over and over again in quick succession which an operative can't.

Once the adrenals get nerfed burst is going to matter less and sustained dps will matter more. You will get stronger, ops and juggs will get weaker.

I see more Sages leading dps and healing in the same match. I don't see many Operative anywhere near top dps in PvP on my server.

Thats because they dont do damage, they kill people

Sage 400k damage, 20 kills

Operative 200k damage, 50 kills

Protip: The second option is far superior

• 2 weeks later...
I have never been top dps and i finish top 3 to 5 every time. I am and Operative. Oh wait who finishes first everytime? Fing bounty hunters. Why aren't you nerfing them>? Because people use their agent correctly they are being punished? I chose this dude because he can stealth. I should not be penalized for destroying people using my only advantage. Don't nerf bounty hunters though. Complaining whiners. Ohh he stealthed after he killed a dude and then killed me. AWWWW...he saved that ability for just the occasion to destroy you both because hes sweet. He can't do it every time. Whining babies.