This is LATE Access

HaruSoul

You would rather have servers crashing for weeks, huge queues, massive bugs and server wipes?

Rather than just wait a day or two to get in sheesh you have weird desires.

I'd rather have all of those things for the pre release week than not being able to play at all. How is that hard to grasp?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You would rather have servers crashing for weeks, huge queues, massive bugs and server wipes?

and.....how would the EGA exactly prevent any of that? :confused:

terrible bugs, server crashes, huge queues and even server wipes in case of catastrophe, those are just as likely/unlikely to happen, staggered release or not

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

I don't know who they think they are fooling. The game released yesterday not on the 20th. The majority of players that will be playing on the 20th have pre ordered the game so by them not being able to play on the day that other people are already playing make it LATE access not early. This is simply the worst launch I have ever seen. I would rather a WoW like launch then having to wait DAYS for a game that is ALREADY RELEASED.

It's only late if its beyond the 20th of this month, if it is before the 20th, then it is early, thank you for understanding.

Rather than just wait a day or two to get in sheesh you have weird desires.

YES, I would rather deal with all you say above, then not be in the game at all.

This has been the worst fancy hat thread I've ever entered.

I am massively disappointed by the lack of fancy hats in this game! I pre-ordered and I expected to receive a fancy hat IMMEDIATELY!!! So far I haven't even seen an image of the fancy hat that I may or may not receive EVENTUALLY!!?!!11 Thanks a bunch Bioware, I'm going back to Team Fortress 2 for all my hats.

This is fully emblematic of how pathetic this new generation is. "I deserve whatever I want when I want it! Me me me! Give me give me give me!"

Stop being such a self-entitled *******. The release date has been December 20th for months, and you aren't entitled to one second earlier of access. IF you are fortunate enough to get it, then that is a GIFT from the people releasing the product.

I am sorry, but that is simply not true. It is not a gift, it is an advertised perk. They SOLD early access. Of course, they sold up to 5 days early access, so can't really complain when you get in at 11:59 PM on the 19th.

I wonder if I could start selling things that way. I promise to complete this programming up to 3 months earlier than my competitors.

I am massively disappointed by the lack of fancy hats in this game! I pre-ordered and I expected to receive a fancy hat IMMEDIATELY!!! So far I haven't even seen an image of the fancy hat that I may or may not receive EVENTUALLY!!?!!11 Thanks a bunch Bioware, I'm going back to Team Fortress 2 for all my hats.

Did you watch the Sith Inquisitor video. That assassin's hat was pretty fancy if you ask me.

I don't know who they think they are fooling. The game released yesterday not on the 20th. The majority of players that will be playing on the 20th have pre ordered the game so by them not being able to play on the day that other people are already playing make it LATE access not early. This is simply the worst launch I have ever seen. I would rather a WoW like launch then having to wait DAYS for a game that is ALREADY RELEASED.

Blah blah blah.

I can only guess that the OP was not there when WoW launched in 2004. Queues to log in, so much server lag it took 5 mins stuck in the looting position to even pick up the few copper on the boar you just killed....if you could even find one to kill will all the people in the starter zone working on the same quest. Server rollbacks, so many you weren't even sure where you were gonna be after each one. Servers crashing, some for DAYS without any communication other than "we are working on it". Some servers crashed so hard they never returned. Queues to try to get back on after a server crash taking HOURS.

Honestly, as eager as I am to play and dying for my early access gift to get going, I would rather it be smooth and "pain free" than to struggle through another frustrating launch like that. With the popularity and the shear number of pre-orders received by BW, I respect the fact that they are attempting to make it as smooth as possible for everyone. I can only imagine what the forums would look like if everyone got in and suddenly couldn't play.

If this is your first launch, go do something else, it will happen when it happens and no amount of whining, complaining, and acting like a child is going to get you in. As far as this being the worse launch ever, maybe you need to go around the block a few more times and get back to us.

Except the official release date is still the 20th? :rolleyes:

Oh come on. Really? The release was yesterday for all intents and purposes.

Personally I'm not raging about getting in late, but its still annoying and something they shouldn't have done imo.

Personally I'm not raging about getting in late, but its still annoying and something they shouldn't have done imo.

I'm in EA, and I get why they did it this way but I still think it could have been handled better. They should have expected swarms of pissed off people if you do something like this.

As far as i'm concerned, the game was released yesterday, when you let the first player in is when the game is released for me, because that's 1 or more days that someone is outleveling me and outplaying me. so no Dec20th is not the release date for me, i play MMO's to beat the **** out of other players, otherwise i would go play super mario by myself. this release put me at a disadvantage. POOR IDEA.

As far as i'm concerned, the game was released yesterday, when you let the first player in is when the game is released for me, because that's 1 or more days that someone is outleveling me and outplaying me. so no Dec20th is not the release date for me, i play MMO's to beat the **** out of other players, otherwise i would go play super mario by myself. this release put me at a disadvantage. POOR IDEA.

Heh, POOR IDEA. I'm sure Bioware is quaking in fear.

Can we stop the fabrication of new realities please? Launch is the 20th and has been for months. What is going on now is a perk for those who showed early adoption and commitment by putting up cash. This allowed Bioware to plan server sizes, hardware and to plan the launch.

Just because you were unwilling or unable to pre-pay in the first week does not mean the release date has somehow magically changed.

Ramping up load from 0 to 2 million players on a barely-tested infrastructure is a GOOD thing. Slow and steady ramp up allows for reactive-balancing in all areas of the infrastructure. Without it, we could find ourselves with a bottleneck that impacts everyone.

Stop being so narrow-minded and think for a minute.