Lets face it WOW pvp > SWTOR pvp

Cutnail

WoW pvp is still garbage after 7 years. SWTOR has a higher skillcap (via no macros, no auto atcks) and is much more engaging then WoW's pvp ever will be.

skill really does not have much weight in swtor pvp... gear trumps it greatly. gear is everything.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought i would be posting that title... and i really didn't enjoy wow pvp all that much.

Give me a ^^ if you agree or a @@ if you disagree

I understand it is only a month in... but learn from other MMO mistakes and corrections and don't release a pvp system that is not fully developed.

Wow didn't have a "Fully developed" pvp system that worked and that was flawless at launch either, nor was arena even around back then. So your argument holds absolutely no value, sorry.

WoW pvp is still garbage after 7 years. SWTOR has a higher skillcap (via no macros, no auto atcks) and is much more engaging then WoW's pvp ever will be.

Bashing WoW's PVP and praising this game's PVP shows you either have never PVP'd in WoW or you're just a silly biased fanboy. Hitting more buttons doesn't mean more "skill". WoW's PVP and overall combat is MUCH smoother, I hope this game can get on the same level sooner than later because it makes all the difference in PVP.

Wow didn't have a "Fully developed" pvp system that worked and that was flawless at launch either, nor was arena even around back then. So your argument holds absolutely no value, sorry.

I guess you missed my post asking why we shouldn't expect a game released now to compete with existing games? Sounds like a terrible business model for anything.

Edited by AmandaBynes

Bashing WoW's PVP and praising this game's PVP shows you either have never PVP'd in WoW or you're just a silly biased fanboy. Hitting more buttons doesn't mean more "skill". WoW's PVP and overall combat is MUCH smoother, I hope this game can get on the same level sooner than later because it makes all the difference in PVP.

Ive played WoW on and off since release (account created Nov 23 2004) and was a 3 time glad, S6/7/8. I've played almost every MMO to come out since then as well, and aside from Warhammer Online, this game has the best PvP I've played (i wish i played DAoC during its prime).

WoW's overall client might be smoother, that doesnt mean the PvP is better. Also, the skillcap is much higher in this game then WoW's and yes is because of the lack of macros and addons and auto attack.

Edited by KingEoj

SWTOR pvp is lightyears ahead of wow pvp. Anyone remember shamans with invulnerable mail chest piece that could kill any melee class in the game without ever taking damage? What about Paladins that could chain BoP, Bubble and LoH and never die to anyone? Or those ever so popular 3 minute mages with double trinket AP+PoM+Pyro that would 1 shot any class in the game including tanks. I'll take swtor pvp one month after release over wow pvp one month after release any day of the week. WoW pvp even today is all about class and gear your ability to play your class is secondary. At least swtor pvp for SOME of the classes it takes skill to be good not just faceroll to victory (looking at you here DK's).

Right...

do I need to back the last 7 years and dig up videos of mages/rogues/dk's and everyother 1 button class that was OP or had an imbalanced mechanic?

really?

look at all the trash comming out of the woodwork, you're either all terrible at pvp or still have to go back and hug WoW so more.

Edited by KingEoj

Ive played WoW on and off since release (account created Nov 23 2004) and was a 3 time glad, S6/7/8. I've played almost every MMO to come out since then as well, and aside from Warhammer Online, this game has the best PvP I've played (i wish i played DAoC during its prime).

WoW's overall client might be smoother, that doesnt mean the PvP is better. Also, the skillcap is much higher in this game then WoW's and yes is because of the lack of macros and addons and auto attack.

Please show me your characters armory with the gladiator titles. All macros do is condense the amount of buttons pressed, they don't automate anything exactly. How is pressing 1 or 2 less buttons a fight less skill based? This game right now depends on your gear, are you even 50?

Edited by Notannos
rude

^^ Spot on. You like large group PvP, go do battlegrounds or rated battlegrounds. You like Small group PvP, go do arenas. Both options have a well done rating system that gives difficult to earn titles and gear.

You like world PvP? Well, neither of these games really has anything to offer.

WoW is still a decent game, it just happens to be stale for most of the people playing SWTOR (hence why we're here). 6 years of the same game gets old no matter how you dress it up.

Don't confuse bad UI design, fps issues and ability delay with skilled play.

Sorry but the only classes in this game that takes a modest amount of skill is Marauder/Sentinel and even they are only half the complexity of a class like MM Hunters in WoW.

I'm with the folks wondering why anyone would say either is head and shoulders better than the other. They are both piss poor, just in different ways. I guess if you could mix together what each of them do right you might end up with a decent PvP system, heavy emphasis on the word might.

Lol...trolling at its finest. Please show me your characters armory with the gladiator titles. All macros do is condense the amount of buttons pressed, they don't automate anything exactly. How is pressing 1 or 2 less buttons a fight less skill based? This game right now depends on your gear, are you even 50?

And your a WoW fanboi at its finest. WoW's PvP is trash. Sorry.

Macros alliviate the skillcap like crazy, your ignorant to think otherwise, ever play RIFT? Its like WoW, but easier. Macros run that game and its PvP system is terrible because of it.

Addons, telling you what to do all the time, esp the PvP arena addons, is seriously pathetic. How much hand holding do you really need, honestly?

I never thought i would be posting that title... and i really didn't enjoy wow pvp all that much.

Give me a ^^ if you agree or a @@ if you disagree

I understand it is only a month in... but learn from other MMO mistakes and corrections and don't release a pvp system that is not fully developed.

**** wow's pvp is in a constant flux ALWAYS and has never been balanced since vanilla. Terms such FotM and comps revolved around the horrid state of that system.

The nerfs and failures to address classes that the devs broke drove me entirely form that game.

I remember a few months back a post at WoW (europe i think) forums titled as Blizzards total disregard of PvP. That is the state of PvP in WoW but lets not forget that this game is a well established game.

Still anyone that have played wow remembers Frost Mages.

SWTOR has its own problems, unexpected lag, ability delay, faction inbalance on Ilum and some other minor bugs but it is fun to play and very enjoyable.

I am not an experienced PvP player but i like PvPing here and i am sure that all those issues will be fixed in due time.

Don't confuse bad UI design, fps issues and ability delay with skilled play.

Sorry but the only classes in this game that takes a modest amount of skill is Marauder/Sentinel and even they are only half the complexity of a class like MM Hunters in WoW.

What makes you think I am? I'm a WoW vet, I've played the crap out of that game. I'm looking beyond the fps issues (which i dont have) and delay because it will get fixed. This isnt my first MMO (obviously) but the PvP is something special here and has plenty of room for improvement. It is, imo, a step ahead of WoW's "fully developed 7 year old system" in a lot of ways.

Edited by KingEoj

I just don't see this being true, but I'm not arguing. I'd like to hear your thought process for why you believe this though. (Other than no macros)

And your a WoW fanboi at its finest. WoW's PvP is trash. Sorry.

Macros alliviate the skillcap like crazy, your ignorant to think otherwise, ever play RIFT? Its like WoW, but easier. Macros run that game and its PvP system is terrible because of it.

Addons, telling you what to do all the time, esp the PvP arena addons, is seriously pathetic. How much hand holding do you really need, honestly?

Hahaha I haven't played WoW in almost a year now. I simply enjoy laughing at haters like yourself. Your opinion is that WoW's pvp is trash, that's fine, no biggy. Saying this games pvp is skill based and praising it shows your opinions don't matter though. So therefore who cares, you must be trolling. WoW's macros are not nearly as intuitive as you seem to think they are. I'm still waiting to see your gladiator WoW character by the way. You're awfully defensive! :cool:

Hahaha I haven't played WoW in almost a year now. I simply enjoy laughing at haters like yourself. Your opinion is that WoW's pvp is trash, that's fine, no biggy. Saying this games pvp is skill based and praising it shows your opinions don't matter though. So therefore who cares, you must be trolling. WoW's macros are not nearly as intuitive as you seem to think they are. I'm still waiting to see your gladiator WoW character by the way. You're awfully defensive! :cool:

I never said I hated the game, the pvp is terrible though.

This game has more skillbased pvp, its a fact.

Not trolling, at least not as hard as you.

You're opinions dont matter either.

Cool story bro.

WOWs pvp at launch was utter garbage. This game is leagues ahead of WOW PVP. And don't forget that WOW for years didnt really address player concerns and suggestions. Only recently have they been all cool and stuff....

Do you even read the threads at all before you post? You're the third person within the last 2 pages who said the same thing. So I'll repeat myself again for you:

Why shouldn't we expect a game that was released now to compete with existing games? Why should I have to wait 7 years for this game to develop?