Lets face it WOW pvp > SWTOR pvp

Cutnail

WoW has been out for 7 years of course it is better, but give this game time.

This game is also VERY different it is balanced around warzones where as WoW is balanced around arena which makes this comparison apples to oranges.

And for all those people saying this game is cross server, read the dev tracker they are working on making the warzones cross server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@@ disagree - WoW PvP is cross server based, and therefore will never be better than TOR PvP for me.

^That.

TOR's PVP is tons more fun in 10-49 bracket than WOW's has been for YEARS!

TOR's level-50 bracket is about as gear based as WOW's PVP and it's no where near as fun as the 10-49 bracket.

What would make TOR's PVP more FUN is to NOT follow WOW's PVP model.

I prefer SWTOR pvp, actually. However, WoW is a more responsive game overall, and that does affect pvp. I'd still rather queue into Huttball than Warsong Gulch every day, though.

Hutball over WSG? No thanks. lol Huttball is the worst instanced PvP I have ever had the unfortunate experience to play.

Edited by Ashanor

You are entitled to your opinion and yes wow has some things better than swtor, but musical FOTM and super powerfull pvp gear just kinda ruined wow pvp for me. I like swtor better, the pvp gear is not the end all be all, just a good nudge to give pvp players even footing with pve players.

I never thought i would be posting that title... and i really didn't enjoy wow pvp all that much.

Give me a ^^ if you agree or a @@ if you disagree

I understand it is only a month in... but learn from other MMO mistakes and corrections and don't release a pvp system that is not fully developed.

I'll give you nothing but this.

WoW is dead long live TOR

Edited by NinjaScroll

At first I would not have agreed with you, but now agree completely. Almost everything about PVP in this game could be done better. I thnk that the biggest problem is that this game does not have it's own identity and is trying to be just like all the other MMOs. This is working against it.

I liked WoW's pvp reward system a hell of a lot better (even in the ranking days of world PvP at SS/TM and when we had to travel TO WSG and AV to queue in the battlegrounds.)

At least you got something for your time. The bag system in this game is pretty damn terrible.

I liked WoW's pvp reward system a hell of a lot better (even in the ranking days of world PvP at SS/TM and when we had to travel TO WSG and AV to queue in the battlegrounds.)

At least you got something for your time. The bag system in this game is pretty damn terrible.

This. Wow was great with a ranking system that earned titles and allowed you to purchase gear. A far better system. I hope things change.

WoW PVP is fundamentally better in every way.

But TOR PVP has the potential to be more fun, and at least for now it's not the same game I played for 10 years straight.

Even if WoW's pvp is relatively good, the balance problems in PVP never seem to be adressed. Every season, almost always the same comps at the top. Gets pretty stale after a while seeing all the super hero PMR teams.

Remember when wow first released it was open world pvp (mostly ganking) only - I did enjoy some South Shore vs Tauren Mill every now and then though. It was quite some time till WSG finally came out then AB and AV. Give SWTOR some time, wow needed it too at launch. Edited by GRAKAN

Remember when wow first released it was open world pvp (mostly ganking) only - I did enjoy some South Shore vs Tauren Mill every now and then though. It was quite some time till WSG finally came out then AB and AV. Give SWTOR some time, wow needed it too at launch.

So we shouldn't expect a game that came out now to compete with existing games? I should wait 7 years for this game to be better? Please go.

I never thought i would be posting that title... and i really didn't enjoy wow pvp all that much.

Give me a ^^ if you agree or a @@ if you disagree

I understand it is only a month in... but learn from other MMO mistakes and corrections and don't release a pvp system that is not fully developed.

WoW pvp is still garbage after 7 years. SWTOR has a higher skillcap (via no macros, no auto atcks) and is much more engaging then WoW's pvp ever will be.

I'm not sure what you mean by fully developed? If you're reffering to the Ilum fiasco than fine, however the Warzones are more fun than any BG's ive done in WoW. The huttball mechanic is brilliant, honestly I cant figure out why even blizz devs havent come up with a pass throw mech before.

I suppose opinions are opinions and this is just one of a sea of many but...WoW's pvp sucks =x

Edited by KingEoj

Perhaps, but i"ll stay here with what little hope i have that Mythic/Bioware can come up with better PvP content than Blizzards multitude of instances have managed to give me.

but i doubt it at this point....

Edited by Tic-