Stephen Reid/@Rockjaw: Your EGA tears are not real issues

Mazinger-Zetto

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get off your tall horse. This is not about entitlement. This is about a company that fails to see it is a customer service operation.

This is about the 99% of customers trolling customer service preventing people with ACTUAL PROBLEMS from getting customer service. And I can ride any horse I want - tall or short, nobody died and made you my horse trainer.

I think the comment was brilliant. Getting into the game for EARLY ACCESS, which if you remember is actually BEFORE THE ACTUAL RELEASE DATE, is not a REAL ISSUE. Hell, when I worked at Best Buy in my younger years, I said much worse to customers who talked down to me or treated me like crap.

The actual release date was the 13th. Everyone else just gets in later.

Sympathies of the silent majority? lol

That's a poor way to handle something in a public light on twitter. I'd rather be ignored than talked to like that. Bioware knew what they were getting into when they implented a system like this, I'm sure they expected QQ on this scale, and given that fact, he shouldn't have been so snide to that person. Just bad form is all.

I actually am glad he said something back.

These devs take way too much junk from the QQ e-peens around this place. They work hard to create an enjoyable game and get blasted for anything they end up doing right.

Kudos Steve.

I think the comment was brilliant. Getting into the game for EARLY ACCESS, which if you remember is actually BEFORE THE ACTUAL RELEASE DATE, is not a REAL ISSUE. Hell, when I worked at Best Buy in my younger years, I said much worse to customers who talked down to me or treated me like crap.

The customer IS NOT always right when the customer steps over the line of disrespect.

This, i would have said the same thing, kudos to him for saying it

Stop throwing that word around like it actually means something.

Maybe you're right though. Maybe we aren't entitled to something better than Comcastic marketing ploys.

Hahahaha. Do you know how EA's servers work? No?

Then I would suggest you don't presume to know better than Bioware.

Agree 100% with the tweet.

Everyone knew EGA would be stagered first come first server, why are you crying about it now? It is NOT an issue because it is a policy that was known from day 1 of preorders.

yes everyone knew it, but until yesterday, noone felt it would be that bad.

we have a changed situation here and BW would be great if they serve the coms demands instead of showing their ********s.

Edited by rawfox

I work in tech support and 99.9 percent of the people I help are so stupid. I cant believe they issue these people a drivers license, Let alone let them operate a computer. I can imagine what the tech guys, devs of bioware are speaking of the users and it makes me smile. Sometimes you can ignore the customers issues just so you can get work done. I personally get a good laugh reading these forums through out my work day lol.

Right on ... People need to stop crying. Up to 5 days is all we need to be concerned about. If you didn't like the way it was phrased you shouldn't have pre-ordered. It's stupid to preorder anyway, turn up to 5 days into "I'm guarenteed to get in day 1 hour 1" and cry when it doesn't happen.

I'm my faith in the swtor community is dropping by the minute.

Consider what he is talking about is people whining about wanting to get into the game....yeah that is not a real issue. No one told you you could play today. EGA was up to 5 days early. It still is 6 days out. If you get to play one day early you would still get in early. Though I haven't a clue what Stephen is working on I would imagine it is to help everyone out in enjoying the game. Constantly whining that you want in the game is just that whining not a real issue. Edited by jedibcg

It's not an issue at all, because everyone who preordered knew what was going to happen. It's not like they said: "We'll let everyone in at once" and yesterday "Surprise! We'll stagger our pre-launch."

Well, on the other hand I suppose BioWare knew what was bound to be going on in the forums until everyone has their invites. But still: He actually tries to resolve issues that he can resolve and bombarding him with tweets about you wanting to get into the game is neither helping you nor him.

I think he was right to say that. Sure, it's not worded as sugary as you'd like, but the guy has had to say the same thing over and over again. Stop bothering him about EGA. You'll get in when you get in...IF you even preordered.

This is a really busy time what with the game launching, trying to make sure everything goes smoothly, etc. He doesn't have time to have to deal with people who are too impatient to wait for an email.

oh my *********** god.

you're such an idiot.

Stephen has the patience of a *********** saint! He has to put up with ******* like you. He gets like 50 posts per seconds aimed at him. Stop wasting our time. He's absolutely right. Everyone wants to get into the game, it's bloody obvious. I would of exploded by now if I was him. I can't put up with this stupidity.