The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

While bioware may actually do this... I don't think i can till April 29th... Which is when bioware will likely release the patch. If this had be truthfully told in the first place.... I wouldn't have minded. The fact that we had a patch that "fixed" the problem and a statement that had a PR spin.... I don't think I can trust bioware anymore.

I have a feeling that if I did continue to sub.... April ... A patch would be released that would half fix the problem and worsen other features.... Because of the bad hero engine or how bad your developers seem to be over there. The truth is bioware...i don't think I can trust you anymore

Trust is the big thing here. Stephen flat-out said he had to pass the long-winded PR spin around the office for approval prior to releasing his post today. The second I read that I knew it was going to be a horrible answer, filled with corporate ********.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What incentive do dev teams have to communicate with you if you're too caught up in calling them liars at every term. We never had a patch that fixed anything, because the only bug here, and the only reason this thread exists, is the bug where medium is still a selectable option.

One, they kinda got to expect the 'liar' comments since it definitely seems like people were mislead. They could have told people in beta that high res was probably not going to be in game right after launch due to issues.

Two, it isn't a bug. If you think that having 'Low, Medium, High' is a 'bug' then I really don't know what to tell you.

One, they kinda got to expect the 'liar' comments since it definitely seems like people were mislead. They could have told people in beta that high res was probably not going to be in game right after launch due to issues.

Two, it isn't a bug. If you think that having 'Low, Medium, High' is a 'bug' then I really don't know what to tell you.

The bug is that medium and high are the exact same thing.

There is no medium.

And look at the ground where there is no foliage.

Tiling. Horrible, horrible tiling,lol.

I just dont get how they musta said " great work guys, it;s ready for retail"

I'm at the point of trying to skip all outdoor worlds with grass. Alderran was atrocious to look it.

Don't use morphological AA, it blurs textures... use Edge Detect w/multisample.

Don't worry about tesselation, since this is a dx9 game.

Depending on your lcd and resolution, you might not be able to see the difference between 8x and 16x AF.

Also, at others... setting your LOD to a large negative bias will introduce texture shimmering and moire effects into a moving scene. Looks horrible.

Also quoted this piece of advice. Not related to quoted person.

Why the hutt do I have to do all of this to get quality close (but still not accurate) to screenshots i saw in advertisement if i got much more than recommended specs?

Yeah, no one cares about PSX quality textures on 1000$+ rigs, that is why there are almost 500 PAGES of posts about it...

I will repeat it for the dumbs

500 pages

PSX textures

50$+15$/Month game

False Advertisement

This needs a hotfix NOW, january 15th the furthest t.h.

How about you try reading.

And look at the ground where there is no foliage.

Tiling. Horrible, horrible tiling,lol.( a repeating pattern, in a grid)

I just dont get how they musta said " great work guys, it;s ready for retail"

Seriously. This.

It's like, I play this game and I love it, but you'd think it's an unfinished game just from the way it looks (and that's not even getting into all the ridiculous bugs. My poor 50 guildmates piss and moan about them every day)

Q1= April? LOL, sure. Keep dreaming.

I don't know what you people want. You're the worst. If the CM doesn't answer: You complain.

If the CM answers: You pick apart every thing he says, make up crazy conspiracy theories that get debunked, and complain.

I'm ashamed in this community. What incentive do dev teams have to communicate with you if you're too caught up in calling them liars at every term. We never had a patch that fixed anything, because the only bug here, and the only reason this thread exists, is the bug where medium is still a selectable option.

But of course, if low and high were the only options at launch, people would ***** at no medium settings.

My sub is still there, and will be there until the game dies. I love the game more than any MMO in the last 5 years, and I'll be playing it for a long, long time.

P.S. This texture issue is virtually unheard of in game. I asked a few zones full of people earlier, and the response in ALL cases was "What graphic issue?"

You're just a minority, if you're angry about this to the point where you'll unsub.

You have been given TWO assurances that this is being worked on, and an ETA of Q1 2012. That is sometime in the next 90 days. There are more serious issues that need to be worked on before graphical fidelity is addressed.

If you're going to unsub, unsub, but we've been promised a fix, with a timeframe. Wouldn't it make sense to come back after that if it really is fixed?

They said that when there are too many people, high res textures cause performance issues.

I give you Age of Conan, with high res textures and no performance issues on my machine.

So the truth is that their game is too poorly optimized for High res textures.

This is not about unsubbing, its about kicking Biowares *** into gear to get this fixed, its about showing them that we the gamers want high res textures. I do this because i love the game, and i want to improve it.

Bioware should have told the truth, Its not the number of people (plenty of mmos have high res tectures and better graphics) it is the optimization.

I am glad they responded but they should not lie.

Yeah, no one cares about PSX quality textures on 1000$+ rigs, that is why there are almost 500 PAGES of posts about it...

I will repeat it for the dumbs

500 pages

PSX textures

50$+15$/Month game

False Advertisement

This needs a hotfix NOW, january 15th the furthest t.h.

Right, 500 pages, across multiple threads, comes to lets just say +/- 12,000 users. That's $187,500 a month or $2.25M per year in subscription fees earned. I'd be damn sure that I got this **** fixed if it was even a remote possibility that I would lose even 1/4 of this kind of revenue.

Edited by Proto

Q1= April? LOL, sure. Keep dreaming.

I don't know what you people want. You're the worst. If the CM doesn't answer: You complain.

If the CM answers: You pick apart every thing he says, make up crazy conspiracy theories that get debunked, and complain.

I'm ashamed in this community. What incentive do dev teams have to communicate with you if you're too caught up in calling them liars at every term. We never had a patch that fixed anything, because the only bug here, and the only reason this thread exists, is the bug where medium is still a selectable option.

But of course, if low and high were the only options at launch, people would ***** at no medium settings.

My sub is still there, and will be there until the game dies. I love the game more than any MMO in the last 5 years, and I'll be playing it for a long, long time.

P.S. This texture issue is virtually unheard of in game. I asked a few zones full of people earlier, and the response in ALL cases was "What graphic issue?"

You're just a minority, if you're angry about this to the point where you'll unsub.

You have been given TWO assurances that this is being worked on, and an ETA of Q1 2012. That is sometime in the next 90 days. There are more serious issues that need to be worked on before graphical fidelity is addressed.

If you're going to unsub, unsub, but we've been promised a fix, with a timeframe. Wouldn't it make sense to come back after that if it really is fixed?

It is very heard of in game, but more so on the jedi/sith side. It was advertised this way. We would like our robes to actually look focused.

They said that when there are too many people, high res textures cause performance issues.

I give you Age of Conan, with high res textures and no performance issues on my machine.

This is not about unsubbing, its about kicking Biowares *** into gear to get this fixed, its about showing them that we the gamers want high res textures. I do this because i love the game, and i want to improve it.

Bioware should have told the truth, Its not the number of people (plenty of mmos have high res tectures and better graphics) it is the optimization.

There's no lies. Everything has been revealed to us. They know. They hear it. They're working on it. It's not a quick fix. It'll be in the next 90 days.

That isn't a bug.

Bioware claims it is.

"there are only supposed to be two texture choices, 'Low' and 'High'. This replaces the original three-choice preference of Low/Medium/High because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug."

Edited by Hollowbrooder

What incentive do dev teams have to communicate with you if you're too caught up in calling them liars at every term.

Their incentive should be not to lie in the future so they won't have to be called liars.

Fairly simple, really.

Still curious how ANYONE can possibly sit here and remotely defend BW. Don't worry, they'll feed us another line of crap and PR us to death until we all stay subbed. Performance shouldn't be an issue, it absolutely isn't right to limit everyone because there may or may not be people suffering from low fps...which if you just look at the majority of players with issues...their rigs are far from low-end. It's BW terrible optimization that is causing issue, and instead of sucking it up and apologizing, they run around their corporate bush, and throw some BS PR crap at us. Then they tell us we "should" receive some improvements in the future as far as aesthetics are concerned.

Fact is, they are controlling how everyone experiences the game in a way that really hasn't been done on the PC. When was the last time you recall graphical properties being capped at medium-low? I guess they are right in advertising their game as "ground breaking" and such...they really did break the mold. Pathetic.

No, there is no high resolution in the game. Or maybe you are also correct and there is no medium either. Which means there are three lows.

Pretty much this,lol.

In my book There is no high.

I accept low as low and the ( what will be) high, as medium.

You can polish a turd and call it a treasure, but it's still a turd.

There is no high quality textures, nor will there be when they play sematics, and rename medium, to high.

Edited by Your_dominus

It's the engine that's the problem. A game can have horrible low res textures and not play smoothly because it's engine sucks. A game can have the most hi res textures ever and have a great engine and as such play incredibly smooth on a reasonable PC.

They aren't lying, they've simply got a really poor engine which it's a bit too late to change now.