Treasure Hunting Relic rewards - Light Only?

ZenoDnB

Has anyone received any Dark side relics from treasure hunting missions?

I have 400 treasure hunting, and when I pick a lockbox mission, sometimes a relic comes back - not from the lockbox, but directly as mission loot. . Every time I get one, its a light side only relic. Playing as a Sith Sorcerer, I find this very annoying, because the relics actually look decent, I just can't use them (and yes, I understand it was my choice to go dark side, that's not my issue).

So, anyone receive any dark relics from treasure hunting? Just wondering if I have horribly bad luck or if something is awry here.

Has anyone received any Dark side relics from treasure hunting missions?

I have 400 treasure hunting, and when I pick a lockbox mission, sometimes a relic comes back - not from the lockbox, but directly as mission loot. . Every time I get one, its a light side only relic. Playing as a Sith Sorcerer, I find this very annoying, because the relics actually look decent, I just can't use them (and yes, I understand it was my choice to go dark side, that's not my issue).

So, anyone receive any dark relics from treasure hunting? Just wondering if I have horribly bad luck or if something is awry here.

As a Light side Sage, I have received nothing but Dark side relics.

I don't often go for relics, but so far I'm 4 for 4 on the same exact relic....the Relic of Focused Onslaught (level 19 blue), all from the same named mission. Requires Dark II or above. I'm checking to see if this time will make it 5 for 5 on the reward. (Is a level 2 TH mission called "The Slaves' Treasure."

• 1 month later...

I've had a few light side relics, but it's probably 80/20 in favor of dark side.

I'm starting to wonder if the game applies your alignment as a negative modifier to the possibility of getting something you can use.

This...

Completely bad mechanics by Bioware imho..

Im lightside, so I instruct my companion to come back with a Relic I cannot use....Makes sense.

You can always try to find someone from the other faction willing to buy your unused relics for a fair price. They can go for quite a lot on the correct faction GTN.

I only picked up TH a week ago on an alt to try to get an orange belt or bracer without much effort, and I've gotten over 30 'wrong' relics that go for maybe 1-2k each, because there's a lot of competition and little demand. But they can go for 10 times that when transferred to the other side. On a side not, this will be easier in 1.2 with cross-faction mailing, you just need a level 7 on the other side. (Assuming relics keep their alignment requirements.)

Edited by Maranea

As a Darkside Sith Sorcerer I found I recieved about 5 times as many light side relics to dark side relics as I was leveling Treasure Hunting.

I think this is random or tied to the particular missions you choose to send companion on. In the end I vended so many light side relics just cause I couldn't sell them on the GTN and no one in guild wanted them :(

I dont see how some are getting nothing but dark side relics as a light side player. I get close to 50/50 on the relics from TH missions and im light side. I send what I dont need to guildies and sell the rest. For those that are only getting dark side relics try different missions.

• 5 months later...