Quitting due to Bioware allowing bots

Dartan

I have created threads. I have a direct contact to Bioware. There is one bot on Space Slug who queues almost all day and is already level 44 with lvl 20 gear on. He walks to the corner every match and just hides there. Bioware has done nothing about it and he has pissed off so many people on our server due to him afking. Edited by Dartan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is quite possible he is not a bot, but is merely afking and tabbing in.

Still reprehensible, but difficult to detect. BW's support staff is shockingly low for an MMO launch of this tier, but they have to know that already.

what is a direct contact to bw?

on my server we have had multiple ppl open a tickets to complain about the pvp botter, and hes been gone. it does take some time but yeah. if you are doing anything besides opening a ticket you are doing it wrong.

oh, and welcome to online gaming.

People go crazy over everything! So he's botting or afk grinding xp through warzones and somehow its destroying your enjoyment of the game. It must really be difficult living in the real world for you to.

You're about as cool as your signature font. I have to fight every warzone 7v8. So yes, it does take away from my enjoyment of the game.

People go crazy over everything! So he's botting or afk grinding xp through warzones and somehow its destroying your enjoyment of the game. It must really be difficult living in the real world for you to.

Hold on though; the OP has a point. If they go in to a 4 on 4 fight and one of their number isn't in the fight then they are disadvantaged 3 on 4, whihc can ruin a session.

No name, no info, no nothing...

Without details there isn't much thast can be done; I haven't done any queued content yet, I guess this is where you just get thrown in with a random group?

Threads get deleted if a name is on there.

I would advise submitting a /report!

Then spend the next few hours watching at your ticket update to see if you can get him banned.

..........Meanwhile, he gets xp, and you don't.

Or just ignore him ????? :rolleyes:

How do you ignore your 8th member of the group who just afks at the base? Tickets aren't addressed as everyone who has reported him has seen nothing.

I have created threads. I have a direct contact to Bioware. There is one bot on Space Slug who queues almost all day and is already level 44 with lvl 20 gear on. He walks to the corner every match and just hides there. Bioware has done nothing about it and he has pissed off so many people on our server due to him afking.

You have no idea what a bot is.

Not really a bot, just a player who logs in, runs to the corner and hides to get the free XP and what not.

Isn't really a whole lot you can do about it TBH. Sometimes you can't tell much of the difference between a really poor player and someone who is pretty much AFKing.

The only real solution to this is to HEAVILY nerf the "passive" warzone rewards and increase the "active" rewards gained through medals, winning, and performance. That being said, the game is too geared to the casual player (which I personally enjoy) to really "require" good performance to see any rewards from WZ. This sort of AFKish behavior is the understood casualty.

:D

In this game, they are called droids.

I was going to say that!

Seriously, though - Who's not been tempted to do this in PvP, given the awful state of balancing.

Heck, I'm considering doing it* just to get my own back on whoever thought putting geared 50s in with lvl 10s was a good idea!

Sort of a sit-down protest, with benefits. :rolleyes:

*Would never actually do this.

Hello Dartan!

We would like to let you know that we removed your thread, "XXXX bot on Space Slug Rank 38 Valor" because we do not allow the public naming and shaming of possible bots, hackers, etc on the forums. There is nothing wrong with reporting them of course, but we do ask that you let us know by sending an email with all the details you can to support@swtor.com instead of on the forums.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to let us know by emailing the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Team at bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com.

Thank you!

Already reported him. This was 5 days ago.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Community Team with your report. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this so we can investigate this! Please be sure to let us know of any more you may come across.

Thanks again! ^_^

Best regards,

Eric Campbell | Community Coordinator | BioWare, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. | ecampbell@bioware.com | http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com

5 days ago, he was 38. now he is 44.

Here's a match I just lost. You can't see the 2 people who quit because they saw him (it's further down).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/screenshot2012011108291.jpg/

How do you ignore your 8th member of the group who just afks at the base? Tickets aren't addressed as everyone who has reported him has seen nothing.

that is because they will not discuss the matter with you.

again. ive have added said botters to my friends list, and after filing a proper report and a few days later boom gone. you need to get more then just you to fill out a report get more ppl in the wz to do it.

also you have to use the ingame report

Edited by Mrshush

Your right!!!! How silly of me.!

There was I thinking i should go and find something else to do, But now you mention it, staying logged in the game and watching /report - ticket responses is far more productive.

Thanks, for i moment there i wasn't thinking clearly.:o