You're Killing Star Wars Lore!!!!!!!!!!!

Madgecko

So I guess we need to go back, take Luke, anakin and all the rest if the lightsaber, force users out of the movie and just let Han, boba and the clone troopers save or destroy the freaking universe because as it stands right now in this game, a foot or fist to the face or knife to the back or shot in the chest is waaaaaaay more powerful than any lightsaber or lightning spell out there!

I mean hell, why did Luke go through the trouble? Just send Han to eff the emporer up, according to this game, he darn sure wouldn't have had an issue pulling it off!!! Someone needs to tell Vader that when he force pulled Hans blaster from his hands rendering him helpless, yeah too OP Darth, You need a nerf.

Seriously, this imba issues with this game right now are killing the lore we all grew up with. Someone send boba to kill the Jedi, all of them cause in this game, he can do it.

"Hokie religions and ancient weapons are no match with a good blaster at your side, kid! "

Apparently, you're right Han!!!

Edited by Madgecko

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay .. mister "lore-dork". You can't have a game where the "Hero/Villian" in the movie were total ******es and make their respective classes total ******es that means no one plays the other classes ...

Sound like fun? **** no it doesn't. I am tired of you people talking about Luke, Leia, Han and freinds ... the game takes place 700 years before them. For Christ sakes Yoda was just a teenager.

OP i sure hope you are a troll because if your not then your lack of understanding the need for balanced classes in a MMO speaks volumes of your IQ....

Please go back to The Force Unleashed where you can be Overpowered to your hearts content.

AFAIK no one in the original movies wore cortosis armor. No one even wore armor aside from the stormtroopers, and their armor was intended to protect against conventional projectile weapons. Also not to cite the prequel trilogy as good in any way, but Jango pretty much handed Obi Wan his rear on a silver platter on Kamino.

Had Boba been outfitted with an ancient cortosis weave armor and a half reliable jetpack he likely would have been an even match for luke, or any light side force user.

I said this two years ago in Beta testing.

You don't feel like a Jedi playing this game.

Jedi were meant to be special, a breed apart, force users of unparalleled power.

Yet in this game they are nothing, just a run of the mill person that happens to fight with a light saber and have some special abilities that are not really any different to the special abilities of other "ordinary" people.

This was always going to be the problem in the game and I don't know why they bothered with the other classes it was always going to present this problem that the force users would just become "ordinary" in the face of equality with non-force users.

Force users aren't supposed to be equal to ordinary people, they are supposed to be more powerful.

Had Boba been outfitted with an ancient cortosis weave armor and a half reliable jetpack he likely would have been an even match for luke, or any light side force user.

or you know... If his jetpack didn't go off when struck....

AFAIK no one in the original movies wore cortosis armor. No one even wore armor aside from the stormtroopers, and their armor was intended to protect against conventional projectile weapons. Also not to cite the prequel trilogy as good in any way, but Jango pretty much handed Obi Wan his rear on a silver platter on Kamino.

Yes but that doesn't explain the troopers, or the smugglers, or the operatives.

It is explains one other class, yes you could all be Boba Fett or a descendent or match for him.

How does that explain troopers that can fight and win against Force Users?

EVEN in the Jedi opening sequence, fighting a Sith, the Troopers are getting pwned by the Sith, even when they got the jump on them, and if it wasn't for the Jedi showing up, the troopers would have been trounced.

The same for the Sith intro movie, the Sith turn up, wipe the floor with everyone, then some Jedi turn up and the battle begins.

Yet get in game....

Completely different.

All of a sudden every trooper, smuggler, intelligence agent, is a match 1vs1 for a Force User.

Yes I understand this is an MMORPG and this would be the way it was, but it doesn't change the fact that it flies in the face of everything Star Wars.

Jedi were meant to be special, a breed apart, force users of unparalleled power.

Yet in this game they are nothing, just a run of the mill person that happens to fight with a light saber and have some special abilities that are not really any different to the special abilities of other "ordinary" people.

This was always going to be the problem in the game and I don't know why they bothered with the other classes it was always going to present this problem that the force users would just become "ordinary" in the face of equality with non-force users.

Force users aren't supposed to be equal to ordinary people, they are supposed to be more powerful.

Really? Then why hundreds of Jedi fell during the Jedi Purge after Palpatine took over! And do you know who killed them (beside Vader), Imperial troopers and Bounty Hunters. Strange isn't it?

To be fair, none of the player characters are ordinary people. Each individual storyline points out -- repeatedly -- that you are the best at what you do and the whole of your faction knows of your work. Standard MMO fare. Heck, standard video game fare. The biggest reason you don't feel special is that there are hundreds of others who follow the same exact storyline that you do. Against a normal person (as in, the random NPCs walking around), you, as a Jedi, are incredibly powerful. The people you are pitted against (in PvP) are others of the same caliber that you are, thereby offering you a challenge. The people pitted against you in PvE are the same. They are so powerful that only you (and a few others like you) can take them down.

The problem isn't that Force users aren't powerful. The problem is that you think the other people around you aren't supposed to be.

Those troopers are mobs, while the Sith is a hero... "and then a heeeero comes along" (the other Trooper) and the Sith gets WTFPWNed...

When players fight players its like heros fight heros and battles are more challenging than massacring a group of 5 mobs (in most cases).

Its odd that you force users care about having the non force chars as equals, while you don't care about the hundreds of Lords, Darths, Masters etc who happily roam the galaxy.

Didnt the devs say something along the lines of the jedi/sith classes being "normal" siths/jedi (still powerfull dudes to be sure, but nothing realy special apart from the wavy hand magic) and the non force users being the best of the best? Just to even the playing field, lorewise.

On a unrelated topic, I love killing force users, mainly because of what the OP said.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”;)

Okay .. mister "lore-dork". You can't have a game where the "Hero/Villian" in the movie were total ******es and make their respective classes total ******es that means no one plays the other classes ...

Sound like fun? **** no it doesn't. I am tired of you people talking about Luke, Leia, Han and freinds ... the game takes place 700 years before them. For Christ sakes Yoda was just a teenager.

yet you can have a game where smug will clean there house whit your face

Didnt the devs say something along the lines of the jedi/sith classes being "normal" siths/jedi (still powerfull dudes to be sure, but nothing realy special apart from the wavy hand magic) and the non force users being the best of the best? Just to even the playing field, lorewise.

On a unrelated topic, I love killing force users, mainly because of what the OP said.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”;)

Yea, in a dev doc. They explained that the sith/Jedi characters were just your typical sith/Jedi. While the other classes the best in the galaxy

Sith warrior = sith

Agent = best agent In the galaxy

Those troopers are mobs, while the Sith is a hero... "and then a heeeero comes along" (the other Trooper) and the Sith gets WTFPWNed...

When players fight players its like heros fight heros and battles are more challenging than massacring a group of 5 mobs (in most cases).

Its odd that you force users care about having the non force chars as equals, while you don't care about the hundreds of Lords, Darths, Masters etc who happily roam the galaxy.

What he said, especially in the red...and again...this is a PvP forum you're posting in..

*hand wave* This is not the forum you're searching for.

I am tired of you people talking about Luke, Leia, Han and freinds ... the game takes place 700 years before them. For Christ sakes Yoda was just a teenager.

3000 years actually. Yoda is 900 by Return of the Jedi so he didn't exist. /nerdmodeoff :D

OP, Force users don't always have the upper hand and they can/have been taken out by non-Force users; ie Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones defending Count Dooku. There needs to be balance in an MMO, regardless of lore. Otherwise the forums would be plagued with even more "ONOES I gotz keeled by mean man class nerf or sub cancelleddz!!!11!!1!" threads.

Please no I don't want my eyes to bleed at any more of those posts.

Edited by Xansyn